• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: REVIEW: red rocks, all 3 nights

#195471 1 year, 10 months ago
Saturday's encore was maybe the best I have witnessed. Morning Dew?? OUT OF HAND!! I was nearly bawling (like always) during the song. In the encore?? Crazy. But I agree wlewis, the playing reprise was just an unbelievable topper. The only encore that comes close to this one was when the encored Terrapin Suite over New Years in 2009.

I loved that they played US Blues Friday but was seriously bummed that my wife couldn't deal with the pain anymore and bailed to the RV before she could hear her favorite song. It always seems to work that way.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: GrandPaul
Rhody
Junior Boarder

#195487 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks for the review. Couple things to add:
#1 In the Help>Slip>Golden Road they didn’t finish Slipknot (until late in the 2nd set) and I can now say Slip is just not the same without bringing it back from the spacey jam to the trademark ripping Slipknot riffs. I was left hanging there in space.... But it was awesome to hear those riffs come out of the post-Wheel jam.
#2: I was equally left hanging when instead of JK culminating Morning Dew with the climactic final verse they launched into Playin. Love the double encore but I would trade Playin for a complete Dew any day.

Loved the Phil flub in Unbroken and subsequent loving cheer for him. Its all love when he takes the mike. If you want to see how much he loved being there, check out the video of Franklins Tower in the final page of the “Set lists Red Rocks-9/21/12” thread in this forum. Just before the opening verse, the look on his face as he looks all around at the crowd and amphitheatre says it all.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#195496 1 year, 10 months ago
BRAVO BURT! Great review and I vant wait to for Shoreline.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#195503 1 year, 10 months ago
great review as always! sounds like a great three days at red rocks. I hope they do it again so I can (have another chance to) witness it.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#195513 1 year, 10 months ago
Nice review Burt as always. Seemed like it was a magical 3 nights for sure! Let's see what they got in-store for tonight after a night off. On a technical note John has also brought back his Carvin which I'm glad to see back in action. Really dig that guitar and he has not played it since late 2010, I think after the west coast dates in late summer. Either way nice to see it back in action. Doesn't seem like he is giving the Vantage much love although he only uses it for a song or 2 I've seen.
Scarlett
Fresh Boarder

#195586 1 year, 10 months ago
Amazing shows!!! Was there all 3 nights and wish I was in Seattle right now!
Thanks for the recap, brings it all back vividly...
So, did anyone notice the absence of Bob's wedding ring this weekend? Never seen him without it before...
Is Bobby single again?
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#196008 1 year, 10 months ago
Great review and nice meeting you Burt. Goodluck with your move out to California.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#196011 1 year, 10 months ago
I agree with rhody regarding the dew>playin reprise encore. I missed that epic closing " I guess it doesn't matter anyway." That being said, the segue was nice and the reprise was a powerful conclusion to the show. I had seen them do that splitting of help/slip/frank before as well. I too think it works better as a combo. Don't get me wrong, I thought the shows were off the hook. The O1 from night one was worth the trip alone, not to mention the most insane althea i've ever heard. And don't get me started on the dark star>st stephen>unbroken(botched lyrics and all)>dark star>fotm from night 2. Pure sickness.
Right now, I can't read too well...
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#196012 1 year, 10 months ago
Three cheers for Burt! On the way home we were discussing how wonderful your reviews are. Thanks for sharing!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#196101 1 year, 10 months ago
Whats up with no mention of JK quoting "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" twice during The Other One?

I wasn't there. Someone else pointed this out to me, so I can't say I picked it up on my own, either. Check out "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" melody from :08-:26 of The Other One on this recording. JK does it again 3 minutes later. I haven't noticed him doing this before, and it is one of my all-time favorite songs.
archive.org/details/Furthur2012-09-21.bsc2
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds