• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22,

#194813 1 year, 10 months ago
Now that encore had the X Factor in spades. Definitely got some chills.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#194814 1 year, 10 months ago
Zipster wrote:
OMSN or do we get spared ?
Always impressive when they can manage to not be tempted by the trite.

I'm a huge, big, devoted fan of Dark Star. It's the song that was the finishing blow to fall in space with this music. Very rarely has PL&F or Furthur ever done anything worthwhile with it.* Granted, I'll take a messy, flopping fish, energy-dead Dark Star over a Beatles, Dylan, Floyd, Stones, etc cover eight days a week. But they should stop playing Dark Star. This band wasn't built for it. Not knocking Furthur or Phil's bands. It's obviously a difficult song to channel.

*2011-07-17 is one of the very few exceptions. Chimenti was Bitches Brewing in fine form.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#194815 1 year, 10 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
He said "crux of the biscuit"... nice work...

It's the apostrophe, as a great man once said.

Hey man I know a brother who makes Stealie shirts with your fave sports team logo, superimposed just like your icon, maybe I could hook you up if your interested.

Thanks but I already have one. Bought it two years ago at the Mann. It's not quite the same as my avatar but the old P from the 70s. More appropriate for me, actually, as I'm a very old school Phillies fan whose first games were in the mid 60s.

Cool man, have a good night and I'll probably chat with you tomorrow, I thought it was a great show tonight with a great song selection.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#194816 1 year, 10 months ago
Morning Dew has never been played as an encore in the bands 22 playing this song.....
the 257 times the Grateful Dead played Dew - the last encore showing was when? 1974?
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#194817 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks again Bill for being the MC !
Maybe I'm just easy to please, or maybe because I like them to go jazzy, but I though this was a good show. Little different song choices, uptempo DS reprise, jam that reminded me of 70's era Miles Davis (Bitches Brew, etc...). In the context of the middle of a 3 night run seems pretty solid to me.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, JELSturmer
jodiah
Expert Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22, 2012

#194818 1 year, 10 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
calliopewail wrote:
is there a stream tonight?

www.coloartist.com/live-streams/

The stream started a bit early yesterday. Hopefully, the stream will start in the next 10 - 15 minutes.

Beautiful Stream! Great Show!
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#194820 1 year, 10 months ago
I am crying FOUL here - they can play Dark Star every night if they want, and I still we be waiting for he rail!
I dont care if they play Lazy River Road every night too. Coming from someone who heckled the shit out of Garcia when he was so wasted, it was a challenge to stand - i think i have matured a bit in the last 17 years....

I was also the guy who chased THAT f'n song all over the country to ONLY hear the official "Jam" at Soldiers and ONLY a out of Dark Star (2nd verse) at a one off show I saw in Pittsburg (Starlake)

Anyways - want to hear a great Dark Star from recent memory?? Hit up the first night Brooklyn show where they do a MILES Star.... Listen to it. Jeff C has a surprise for you..... 7/13/2012

ZenoMarx wrote:
Zipster wrote:
OMSN or do we get spared ?
Always impressive when they can manage to not be tempted by the trite.

I'm a huge, big, devoted fan of Dark Star. It's the song that was the finishing blow to fall in space with this music. Very rarely has PL&F or Furthur ever done anything worthwhile with it.* Granted, I'll take a messy, flopping fish, energy-dead Dark Star over a Beatles, Dylan, Floyd, Stones, etc cover eight days a week. But they should stop playing Dark Star. This band wasn't built for it. Not knocking Furthur or Phil's bands. It's obviously a difficult song to channel.

*2011-07-17 is one of the very few exceptions. Chimenti was Bitches Brewing in fine form.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#194821 1 year, 10 months ago
Cooper wrote:
Morning Dew has never been played as an encore in the bands 22 playing this song.....
the 257 times the Grateful Dead played Dew - the last encore showing was when? 1974?
Last GD Morning Dew encore was:
Venue: Mershon Auditorium - Ohio State University
Date: 9/30/76 - Thursday

Only seven total times. Before 76-09-30, it was the great, arguably top-10 show from 74-06-18. Probably safe to say there's never been a Morning Dew>PitB reprise encore.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#194822 1 year, 10 months ago
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:

Hey man I know a brother who makes Stealie shirts with your fave sports team logo, superimposed just like your icon, maybe I could hook you up if your interested.

Thanks but I already have one. Bought it two years ago at the Mann. It's not quite the same as my avatar but the old P from the 70s. More appropriate for me, actually, as I'm a very old school Phillies fan whose first games were in the mid 60s.

Cool man, have a good night and I'll probably chat with you tomorrow, I thought it was a great show tonight with a great song selection.

Setlist was superb and there were plenty of strong moments. Hey, if every show was perfect they wouldn't be Furthur, they'd be Britney Spears! I'll definitely catch you tomorrow, brother.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#194823 1 year, 10 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Last GD Morning Dew encore was:
Venue: Mershon Auditorium - Ohio State University
Date: 9/30/76 - Thursday

Only seven total times. Before 76-09-30, it was the great, arguably top-10 show from 74-06-18. Probably safe to say there's never been a Morning Dew>PitB reprise encore.

They're still takin' it FURTHUR!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#194845 1 year, 10 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:

Setlist was superb and there were plenty of strong moments. Hey, if every show was perfect they wouldn't be Furthur, they'd be Britney Spears! I'll definitely catch you tomorrow, brother.

Newsflash? Spears joinIng Furthur? First, John switched to center position now this? I can handle being off your again. Missing 2 much! Off to Seattle I go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#194846 1 year, 10 months ago
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Sustainabill.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds