• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Jasper
Senior Boarder

Re: Bob Weir Solo Acoustic Tower Theatre 9/10/2012

#191859 1 year, 10 months ago
Relax everyone, it's just a music discussion forum!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#191864 1 year, 10 months ago
Jasper wrote:
Relax everyone, it's just a music discussion forum!

True dat Jasper. Speaking of forums the original dead forum for historys sake was rec.music.gdead..then dead.net...then dix pix 5 forum on AOL...tooboard... rattrap.net (ratdog.orgs forefather in the late 90's)... & even after all these years you still got folks like spring mountain who think they are the uber "deadhead" and arbriter of what is "good" dead. There's always a clown or 2 on any board who thinks their opinion is the only valid one..... guess what? Bob solo is not everybodys cup of tea..if you enjoyed it, well thats all that really matters. Believe it or not there were some people back in the day who didn't like Jerry w Kahn acoustic...I still don't "get" that but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I also knew some people who only liked JGB and would not go to Grateful Dead shows. There was a whole contingent of Weir haters back in the day..I mean REALLY harsh haters. Furthur, I still get pained whenever Phil sings Franklins & Eyes... to my ears... well I think you get my drift. Now let me get out of the cyber sandbox ...spring mountain you big bully!!!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#191959 1 year, 10 months ago
Would love to see >one< of these Solo shows.

Put Jackie and Chris up there with him ! Chris is playing some Weir-ish riffs latley.......No complaints from me.
Solo Bob may not highlight his skill set, which IMHO is crunchy-weir'd-rifft out-texture, though he can play 'round my camp any night

(((((((((WRG Late FALL RUN))))))))))))))

Opnions are like.......... go easy fellas
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by ecojaded.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#191971 1 year, 10 months ago
^^^that's why i warned people. i'm not even going to dignify a few folks who threw out the bait. 1 in 10,000 come for the show.

i would actually have loved to have seen one of the WRG trio shows. i picture it being a lot better than the solo acoustic.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#191992 1 year, 10 months ago
I am perfectly cool with an honest review, especially with mechanics in mind. Just pointed out my opinion that WRG seemed like a nice acoustic fit for Bob..hit along a similar vibe and took some of the pressure off his playing surly. That and I have major crush on Chris and Jackie as of late, man they have soul !

Some folks feel the need to beat their point into others, subjective considering we all have different sensory taste buds. I also believe you and I addressed this last solo run. I wished I could see Bob solo once, was jealous of the East Shows again and came across snarky toward your review. Not my intentions Bro, thank you for the honest review I take no offense in your words....others however
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#192002 1 year, 10 months ago
I can't wait to finally catch a WRG show

I could be totally off here only judging from audience recordings I've heard but as cool as the acoustic trio is, it almost seems to me like the 3 of them are slightly restricted playing together where as they can really go all out during each of their 3 solo performances.

That's not meant as anything negative towards the trio cause I've heard and dig all their shows so far. Obviously the more shows they do, the better and more comfortable they'll continue to get.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

#192069 1 year, 10 months ago
having difficulties uploading the show on archive.org. if anyone knows another way to upload, or another site please let me know. i woulld love to share this special night. i did not see too many people recording the show, so i am sure it will be hard to get. in the meantime, the only other way i can think of if anyone would like to mail a self addressed stamped envelope with some blank cd's, i will be happy to burn them for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: josephine
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#192091 1 year, 10 months ago
you could try bt.etree.org to upload if you want. that is a popular torrent site for GD and related shows but I never uploaded so have no pointers or anything there.

I would love a copy and would be happy to send you some blank cds if uploading the show is going to be a problem.

thanks for taping it!
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by MushroomMan.
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#192213 1 year, 10 months ago
WLewis, sorry you were disappointed. I really enjoyed the show. It's Bob Weir solo. I went expecting to see Bob (with the guarantee of flubs) not Segovia.
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#192214 1 year, 10 months ago
Bob-Weir_Tower.jpg

I also liked the poster
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Voodoo Chile.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#192256 1 year, 10 months ago
Voodoo Chile wrote:
WLewis, sorry you were disappointed. I really enjoyed the show. It's Bob Weir solo. I went expecting to see Bob (with the guarantee of flubs) not Segovia.

exactly...i bought a ticket to see bob weir, not leo kottke or tommy emmanuel, so i knew what i was getting myself into
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#192261 1 year, 10 months ago
it is embarrassing to bob weir that he has to be degraded with such low expectations by so many people for these gigs. maybe that's why he doesn't feel the need to rehearse or put on a very great show.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 6.05 seconds