• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

Re: Bob Weir Solo Acoustic Tower Theatre 9/10/2012

#192069 2 years, 1 month ago
having difficulties uploading the show on archive.org. if anyone knows another way to upload, or another site please let me know. i woulld love to share this special night. i did not see too many people recording the show, so i am sure it will be hard to get. in the meantime, the only other way i can think of if anyone would like to mail a self addressed stamped envelope with some blank cd's, i will be happy to burn them for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: josephine
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#192091 2 years, 1 month ago
you could try bt.etree.org to upload if you want. that is a popular torrent site for GD and related shows but I never uploaded so have no pointers or anything there.

I would love a copy and would be happy to send you some blank cds if uploading the show is going to be a problem.

thanks for taping it!
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by MushroomMan.
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#192213 2 years, 1 month ago
WLewis, sorry you were disappointed. I really enjoyed the show. It's Bob Weir solo. I went expecting to see Bob (with the guarantee of flubs) not Segovia.
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#192214 2 years, 1 month ago
Bob-Weir_Tower.jpg

I also liked the poster
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Voodoo Chile.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#192256 2 years, 1 month ago
Voodoo Chile wrote:
WLewis, sorry you were disappointed. I really enjoyed the show. It's Bob Weir solo. I went expecting to see Bob (with the guarantee of flubs) not Segovia.

exactly...i bought a ticket to see bob weir, not leo kottke or tommy emmanuel, so i knew what i was getting myself into
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#192261 2 years, 1 month ago
it is embarrassing to bob weir that he has to be degraded with such low expectations by so many people for these gigs. maybe that's why he doesn't feel the need to rehearse or put on a very great show.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#192265 2 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
it is embarrassing to bob weir that he has to be degraded with such low expectations by so many people for these gigs. maybe that's why he doesn't feel the need to rehearse or put on a very great show.

burt, I just think you set your expectations a little too high, also tickets were definitely expensive, it wasn't anything mind-blowing or awe inspiring, just booby and his guitar and some good vibes, we all realize bobby isn't gonna blow anyone's minds, but it still isnt that bad, ( I saw robert hunter on tour with just an acoustic guitar a long time ago, wasn't jaw dropping, but still ENJOYABLE)
-- smell every flower --
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#192282 2 years, 1 month ago
i thought it was a nice juxtaposition to furthur, which at times to me can sound a bit rigid and somewhat pre-packaged...i found it more to the spirit of good old grateful dead 'playing without a net'...not always perfectly packaged, but capable of magic moments
stricken
Gold Boarder

#192339 2 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:

My thoughts on this are if 1 person disagrees with you then you both have your own separate opinions. Now if several people disagree with you maybe your way of evaluating needs to be looked at.

and my last note on this is some people dont get embarrassed they just let it roll off the shoulder and you being a bass player would i think understand that you can practice all you want but when its time to perform a moments lapse of memory can be disastrous. so seeing as hes played these songs over and over i dont think the practice will help with the memory of the progressions.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#192348 2 years, 1 month ago
hardly dude. i don't need anybody to agree with me and nobody has to ride my wavelength. you ever hear of "twelve angy men?"

all i am reading are more and more excuses everybody continues to give bobby.

anybody who sits thru these gigs and thinks it's weir trying 100% is definitely on some type of mind altering drugs.

don't worry weir, i will never go soft on you, i will always hold high expectations because even as a youngin who never saw you in your true prime, i know you're capable of way better.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds