• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
FestHead
Fresh Boarder

amazing setlist from "The Dead" 2009

#190601 2 years, 1 month ago
this show made the entire weekend at rothbury
www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-dead/2009/rot...ury-mi-4bd367fe.html

What are some of your favorite sets?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: amazing setlist from "The Dead" 2009

#190655 2 years, 1 month ago
5/16/09 The Gorge Doobies and Allmans opened which meant a double dose of Warren!!!

I: The Music Never Stopped, Loose Lucy, Crazy Fingers > Dark Star > Dire Wolf, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Into the Mystic, Women are Smarter
II: Passenger > Hell in a Bucket, Althea, Eyes of the World > Drums > Space > Days Between > Dark Star > One More Saturday Night
E: Box of Rain
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#190670 2 years, 1 month ago
That Gorge show may have had a good setlist... But the show was as inspired as........ well it wasn't very inspired.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#190692 2 years, 1 month ago
I was at both those shows. Rothbury was phenomenal I thought. I also agree that The Gorge was uninspired especially considering the CA shows before that - those were awesome, even Denver was pretty good. It was too bad because the Gorge is such an awesome place. As good as Rothbury was, my favorite show of that tour was the 2nd Shoreline. Both Shoreline shows had the triple song encore.

Shoreline 5/14/09

I: Jack Straw > U.S. Blues > Mason's Children > Ship of Fools, Friend of the Devil > Standing on the Moon > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Standing on the Moon

II: Estimated Prophet > New Potato Caboose > Born Cross-Eyed > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Drums > Space > Morning Dew > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

E: Scarlet Begonias > Fire on the Mountain, Deal
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#190708 2 years, 1 month ago
SkiNose wrote:
That Gorge show may have had a good setlist... But the show was as inspired as........ well it wasn't very inspired.

I had a great time and it inspired me to get back on the bus after a 14 yr hiatus. So I'd have to disagree it was inspiring.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#190781 2 years, 1 month ago
4/18/2009 DCU Center, Worcester, MA

I: Feel Like a Stranger, GDTRFB, Mountains of the Moon > Dupree's Diamond Blues, Althea > Bird Song > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

II: Dancin in the Street > Milestones > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Drums > Space > Days Between > Bird Song (reprise) > One More Saturday Night

E: Johnny B. Goode

weak encore choice but there is nothing else you close a show like that with. one of those shows where you just get hit ALL night long
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster, funky420
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#192320 2 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
4/18/2009 DCU Center, Worcester, MA

I: Feel Like a Stranger, GDTRFB, Mountains of the Moon > Dupree's Diamond Blues, Althea > Bird Song > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

II: Dancin in the Street > Milestones > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Drums > Space > Days Between > Bird Song (reprise) > One More Saturday Night

E: Johnny B. Goode

weak encore choice but there is nothing else you close a show like that with. one of those shows where you just get hit ALL night long

I was at this show, and I thought the next night was even better. The best of the 3 shows I saw that weekend ( in my opinion).
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
grateful_deathpants
Junior Boarder

#192736 2 years, 1 month ago
The first show that I had seen with both Phil and Bob was The Dead at the Pepsi Center, the acoustic opening of the second set was awesome, and I couldn't tell if Warrens feedback during Tennesee Jed was intentional or a technical difficulty. I'm guessing a technical difficulty that he played off really well. I didn't even know most of the songs from either show. I remember a girl asking me what song they were playing, during Loser at the Pepsi Center, and I had no idea. I remember multiple times being amazed at how much people got down, dancing. Crazy Fingers stands out to me because they played it a week later at the Gorge. I thought the Gorge sounded funny...like the sound was getting blown around by the wind...might have just been my state of mind. Darkstar at the Gorge was awesome with the closing acapella "diamonds, diamonds, nightfall of diamonds, diamonds" Hell in a Bucket>Passenger seemed pretty classic for a second set opener also. Good times!
whatdah
Junior Boarder

#192800 2 years, 1 month ago
my feelings exactly. Especially after the great shows at shoreline.
classic case of the tour being one show too long.
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
JFish
Fresh Boarder

#193642 2 years, 1 month ago
Hey Festhead,
Just picking up on this thread.

I was at that Rothbury show July 4th weekend in '09. We have a cottage about 100 miles from there and went up there with my buddies son and my nephew- we had a blast.

And it was a very good show that night- long evening and I was exhausted when I crawled into our tent that night. A lot of fun for sure. I liked The Dead with Warren - defiinitely a different and distinct sound. The version of Morning Dew that night is/was one of my favorites (every night is always good)- Bobby did a fine job on the vocals.

I have a decent recording of the show that night- happy to share it with you if you are interested.

Take care
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds