• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

DSO jubilee

#189496 2 years, 1 month ago
great time! got to meet gvanman, a very kind person, very fun to kick it with. dso was awesome, friday night they sounded incredible. saturday was good but low energy. sunday was rained out midway thru second set, after a scorching what seemed like 30 minute lovelight. the other acts were great i really enjoyed cornmeal, jorma, donna,donna the buffalo, gans, stringdusters. the main stage was shut down the 2nd day due to serious rain. we endured some intense rain/thunder/lightning storms mainly at night/early morning every day. was aftershocks from isaac. due to all the main stage acts being put on the small stage, the small stage folks were moved to the VIP tent in between the stage soundboards. it was cool. dino from dso told me mickeys band was not allowed on the small stage due to weight restrictions so he had a low key drum workshop/show going on. dave schools was back there along with some members of MHB, dino and rob slipped back there as well as many other musicians. was very cool. got to meet and/or hang with many musicians from various bands. 99% of the folks at this festival were great. very family type vibe, just a notch below bear's picnic on that scale if you ask me. the staff and security were excellent, truly accomodating. a big thanks to everybody for making the weekend still go off despite the crazy weather. only huge bummer was the rocky dancing surface.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, gvanman, funky420, ecojaded, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue, Strider1, Bacon Rocks
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: DSO jubilee

#189509 2 years, 1 month ago
Your are lucky that I grinded those stones down a bit for you guys infront of the SBD, I came away with some sore feet from Legends Valley as well.

Sounds like it was a great weekend despite the storms, very cool of MHB to make due. Did you get a chance to talk to Schools?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#189542 2 years, 1 month ago
It was fantastic finally meeting Burt. Hung out alot with him and his friend Chuck. Top notch guys to hang with for the weekend. The Friday DSO was from 10/5/84. my favorite of the 3 nights. Highlights were both in the first set, My Brother Esau and then Stranger, which Jeff just tore up. On Saturday night DSO did 9/30/76. Lazy Lightning/Supplication opened the second set with a Morning Dew closer. They did a few extra songs for filler, Help/Slip/Franklins. Seemed like they played all night. As matter of fact Barraco even said "We have some extra time so Fuck it we'll play". I really do recommend seeing Donna the Buffalo if you get the chance. Really good band. Jorma was great. Keller was Keller. Hats off again to Burt and Chuck for helping make it a great weekend. Glenn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#189552 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes it was a nice festival. My highlight was to see Donna Jean sing. I'll upload some pics of her and a flag shot when I have time.

DSO's female vocalist (Lisa Mackey) has an amazing voice too. When she and Donna shared the stage, it was difficult to tell the real Donna from the Lisa.

IMO Sat was the better night for DSO. A 70's show (76 from Columbus Ohio I believe) and Donna joined them for a lot of songs. I was as blown away by Donna as when she was at the TRI tribute for Jerry's 70th. I kept turning to a few friends and saying "that there is the real deal" when Donna was belting em out.

I've seen DSO several times, but this is the first show I want to get a recording for (Saturday). I am sure Donna had something to do with that.

Eco, you did a shitty job grinding down the rocks. I was able to walk barefoot on em but it was too difficult to dance on em. That really was a stupid set up imo, stages in front of rocks and the wide open grass field was left open? Hello???

Oh, and Jorma's set was also amazing. He also looked so young and alive. He is definately improving with age, reminded me of the Phil today vs years ago. IMO Phil too is improving with age.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, gvanman
Chester
More or less in line

#189574 2 years, 1 month ago
Mickey, doing "Jingo" in the VIP tent, at the Jubilee, 9/2.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#189575 2 years, 1 month ago
thanks ya'll for the updates. this is a festival i had Really wanted to attend but just couldn't work it out to be there.
sounds like a good time, hope to be there next year!
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#189602 2 years, 1 month ago
For those of you who were lucky enough to make it, thanks for the updates and vids.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#189604 2 years, 1 month ago
i pop into the very back corner of that video a couple times. it was so crowded in front i was in that back corner by the band golf carts.

met a cool gal back there and jade i said "what's up?" to schools as he lit his cigarette and departed on the golf cart and he nodded.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#189668 2 years, 1 month ago
Please keep the vids coming!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#189870 2 years, 1 month ago
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always