• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Bob Dylan 8/21/2012 Rochester, MN

#187686 2 years, 1 month ago
As noted above Bob barely plays the "axe" anymore. Used to catch quite a few Dylan shows but after seein a show about 5 years ago where he similarly played only 2 songs on guitar... I've personally boycotted. My loss I'm sure but to me its like going to a show and seeing Jerry only play guitar on one or 2 tunes. While Dylan certainly is not in Jerrys league as a guitarist playing the guitar is a BIG essence of his sound. Perhaps a better analogy would be goin to see Paul Simon and all he did was play the organ/piano.... the guitar playing is a BIG part of his "sound". Certainly LOL its not Bobs tremendous singing voice that carries his shows.......( or as my ex used to say "I just want to see him one time without the marbles in his mouth"
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#187853 2 years, 1 month ago
Saw Bob last night in cincy. This was about the fifth time I had seen since 90, so I am far from an "innie" but far from a "noob", as well. That being said, I thought the show was excellent. This was the most animated I have seen him, smiles and high energy all around. Band super tight and rocking. Classic Dylan "vocalization", but I could actually understand almost everything he sang. He played grand piano and keys throughout, and on some songs just the harp, which was great. Similar setlist as he as been playing all tour, although we did get a Baby Blue in the second slot. Really liked the Visions and Watchtower closer. He is still the man.
Leon Russell opened. Not much to say on him. Pretty good I guess. Did you cover of Jumpin Jack flash which got me out of my seat for a bit.
Right now, I can't read too well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#188219 2 years, 1 month ago
Happy to hear he is on it again... going to see Bob in October in Portland!
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds