• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Bob Dylan 8/21/2012 Rochester, MN

#186807 1 year, 11 months ago
So I went to see The Bard last night and gotta say it was by far one of the better Dylan shows I've seen. He has a new album coming out on Sept 9 (I think) called Tempest so he played some tunes from that. His voice was pretty hagered especially in the beginning but he actually got better as the night went on. I will say it was weird seeing Bob without a guitar, He played keys all night, and he actually ROCKED 'em! Lots of harmonica, the only song he played guitar on was Hwy 61. by far the best setlist I've seen him perform live. I'm thinking of going to catch him in the Cities with Mark Knophler.

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat, Love Minus Zero, No Limit, Things Have Changed,Tangled Up In Blue,Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, John Brown, Summer Days, Spirit On The Water, Rollin' and Tumblin', Visions Of Johanna, Highway 61 Revisited, Simple Twist Of Fate, Thunder On The Mountain, Ballad Of A Thin Man, Like A Rolling Stone, All Along The Watchtower, Blowin' In The Wind
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by funky420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, gvanman, amusingdeva
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

Re: Bob Dylan 8/21/2012 Rochester, MN

#186840 1 year, 11 months ago
thanks for the review. thinking of seeing him this sunday.
Right now, I can't read too well...
gratefuldude1963
Junior Boarder
grateful 4 furthur

#186898 1 year, 11 months ago
i'm seeing him the 30th and kinda sad to hear only one song on his axe. but if the keys and harmonica are rockin then it should be o.k.
it's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#186914 1 year, 11 months ago
gratefuldude1963 wrote:
i'm seeing him the 30th and kinda sad to hear only one song on his axe. but if the keys and harmonica are rockin then it should be o.k.

You will have a good time. He really does rock the keys.
william c
Fresh Boarder

#186953 1 year, 11 months ago
The Rochester review is wrong. Dylan sang nothing from his upcoming album. He did not play guitar on Highway 61. He played guitar on Simple Twist of Fate. His voice was excellant, particularly during Love Minus Zero/No Limit which was the second song.
This tour has been tight since it started last week.
william c
Fresh Boarder

#186954 1 year, 11 months ago
He never touched his keyboard either, instead he played his baby grand piano, which sounds much better than his keyboard. Charlie Sexton and Stu Kimball shred their guitars. Bob is in great spirits and has great energy on stage. See this tour.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#186977 1 year, 11 months ago
william c wrote:
The Rochester review is wrong. Dylan sang nothing from his upcoming album. He did not play guitar on Highway 61. He played guitar on Simple Twist of Fate. His voice was excellant, particularly during Love Minus Zero/No Limit which was the second song.
This tour has been tight since it started last week.

Please excuse me for the wrong review I didn't recognize a couple tunes so ASSumed they were new. However his voice excellent? What show were you at? He sounded like he's been smoking 2 packs and drinking a bottle of whiskey every day. Just my opinoin.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#186978 1 year, 11 months ago
william c wrote:
He never touched his keyboard either, instead he played his baby grand piano, which sounds much better than his keyboard. Charlie Sexton and Stu Kimball shred their guitars. Bob is in great spirits and has great energy on stage. See this tour.

All I said was he played keys all night. A piano has keys.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by funky420.
Yossarian08
Fresh Boarder

#187449 1 year, 11 months ago
I'm going to the Cincy show this sunday for my annual Dylan pilgrimage. Bob has had a good couple of years performance wise- he's really adjusted his style in that time period, moving away from blues shuffles and jamming into a tight band and energetic storytelling. Playing harp center stage, and now piano seem to have really reinvigorated Bob.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#187662 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks Funky.....

He's been around so long maybe playing a "hometown" gig doesn't mean much anymore, but must have been fun to see Zimmy on his home turf.

Oh yeah..... keyboards shmeeshboards
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds