• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
gbdguitar
Junior Boarder
Posts:35

Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#183773 2 years, 2 months ago
August 2, 2012 Doc's
Evansville, Indiana
archive.org/details/TF2012-08-02.TF2012-08-02

Set 1:
Cold Rain and Snow
Here Comes Sunshine
They Love Each Other
Mama Tried>
Big River*
Friend of the Devil
Mr. Charlie
Don't Let Go
Don't Ease Me In

Set 2:
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider
St. Stephen>
The Eleven>
Going Down The Road Feeling Bad>
Morning Dew
Mountains of the Moon*>
Around and Around

*incomplete recording

great show!
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by gbdguitar.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#183840 2 years, 2 months ago
They are rolling though my town on Friday! Can't wait!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7644
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184462 2 years, 2 months ago
I take it that TF is a pretty fun time?

They are playing 3 nights at Quixotes the weekend before Furthur... Wavey Dave in the band?? Wowwwzers!! That's all I need to know
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184481 2 years, 2 months ago
I'll let you know how the show is tonight. They are playing with Tom Constanten. I heard he suffered a heart attack in mid July and his doctor's gave him the OK to play. Wow!

Well either way I'm stoked to be going to see some live music tonight!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4900
R U Kind?

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184495 2 years, 2 months ago
Enjoy the show Furthur Flower (like you need to be told ).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184851 2 years, 2 months ago
Wow it was a great show!!! And a nice surprise that some FFF was there representing tonight! Felt so good to see their faces there! The first set had to be my favorite. Why well because it was straight outta my favorite era! I'm not sure if I can remember the whole first set but it went something like this...

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Doin That Rag - DEADicated to Jerry
Mountains of the Moon
Dark Star
St. Stephen
William Tell
The Eleven
Not Fade Away
Going Down the Road >
Not Fade Away

Tom Constaten looked real good up there! And he sounded great as well! The rider was perfect he was just hammering away at those keys! Their sound even sounded like early dead. Raw and full of emotion! They played their songs at a faster pace which was great got people moving around a lot more! Tom only played the first set. So the second set only was two guitars a bass and drums. Now the drum kit I couldn't get a good look at but it almost didn't look like a full kit. But that didn't stop him from banging on some drum solos!

I can't remember all of second set and we left about a half an hour before it was over. But they opened with Feels Like A Stragner West LA! Woo that got all the ladies dancing! They did Scarlet, Sugaree, Fire, Lovelight, Black Peter, and a few more I know I'm forgetting. I did see a taper there. So maybe the show will get posted somewhere down the line. The crowd was loving it! It was a really good show and I'm glad I went!

Here are a few smiling faces from that night!



Sean, Ossumpei, FurthurFlower, 66Slim, IslandGirl77
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7644
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184861 2 years, 2 months ago
Wow that would be wild to see Tom, his style was very distinct with the GD.

So who else is in the band? Wavey Dave?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1556

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184868 2 years, 2 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Doin That Rag - DEADicated to Jerry
Mountains of the Moon
Dark Star
St. Stephen
William Tell
The Eleven

Not Fade Away
Going Down the Road >
Not Fade Away





Good to hear it sounds TC is doing ok. Like that sequence, same as on 2/11/69 Fillmore East
Yossarian08
Fresh Boarder
Posts:6

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#184935 2 years, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
So who else is in the band? Wavey Dave?

I saw them a few days ago in Cincy- the band was TC, John Zias and Wavy Dave, Kris & JP from Cornmeal.

The show was awesome- totally surpassed my expectations. Really nailed the early Dead sound, and to see TC in a little bar full of really excited people was awesome.
66slim
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1610

Re: Terrapin Flyer August 2, 2012

#185179 2 years, 2 months ago
I did not keep track of the set list in St louis either (too busy dancing) but they did 'Ripple" for an encore after Emily and crew left. They had left the stage and many people had already left when the club owner said if everyone promised to leave quietly afterwards they would do one more even though they were past quitting time. It was very intimate with a small crowd singing along. We enjoyed ourselves very much and it was great to see Tom C. still bringing it. He seemed very happy to be onstage.
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Wow it was a great show!!! And a nice surprise that some FFF was there representing tonight! Felt so good to see their faces there! The first set had to be my favorite. Why well because it was straight outta my favorite era! I'm not sure if I can remember the whole first set but it went something like this...

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Doin That Rag - DEADicated to Jerry
Mountains of the Moon
Dark Star
St. Stephen
William Tell
The Eleven
Not Fade Away
Going Down the Road >
Not Fade Away

Tom Constaten looked real good up there! And he sounded great as well! The rider was perfect he was just hammering away at those keys! Their sound even sounded like early dead. Raw and full of emotion! They played their songs at a faster pace which was great got people moving around a lot more! Tom only played the first set. So the second set only was two guitars a bass and drums. Now the drum kit I couldn't get a good look at but it almost didn't look like a full kit. But that didn't stop him from banging on some drum solos!

I can't remember all of second set and we left about a half an hour before it was over. But they opened with Feels Like A Stragner West LA! Woo that got all the ladies dancing! They did Scarlet, Sugaree, Fire, Lovelight, Black Peter, and a few more I know I'm forgetting. I did see a taper there. So maybe the show will get posted somewhere down the line. The crowd was loving it! It was a really good show and I'm glad I went!

Here are a few smiling faces from that night!



Sean, Ossumpei, FurthurFlower, 66Slim, IslandGirl77
And leave it on!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds