• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

August 5, 2012 JERRY DAY 2012

#183145 2 years ago

Website for event information: www.jerryday.org/event.html

Live Webcast: fatmusicradio.com/wp/
FAT Music Radio will be broadcasting Jerry Garcia Day LIVE….
from the Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre in San Francisco
Sunday August 5th from 11am to 7pm PDT.

Artists include…..
Melvin Seals and JGB, Stu Allen & Mars Hotel, Peter Rowan and more.

Schedule (All Times PST)

11:30am Blue Bear School of Music -Jessica Fierro

12:00pm Peter Rowan

1:00pm Stu Allen & Mars Hotel
Touch of Grey
Feel Like a Stranger
West L.A. Fadeaway
Big River
Cumberland Blues
Cassidy
Here Comes Sunshine
Goodnight Irene
I'm Troubled
Deep Elem Blues
China Cat Sunflower >
I Know You Rider
Saint of Circumstance
Uncle John's Band
Dear Mr. Fantasy >
Hey Jude
Attics of My Life
Turn on Your Lovelight

Encore: Deal

3:30 3:56pm Melvin Seals and JGB*
Finders Keepers
Johnny Too Bad
Wonderful World
Neighbor, Neighbor
Freedom Jazz Dance
That's What Love Will Make You Do
Forever Young
Roadrunner
Mystery Train
Don't Let Go
My Sisters and Brothers
I'll Be With Thee
Everybody Needs Somebody

* w/ Dave Ellis on saxophone

Mars Hotel: Stu Allen, Sandy Rothman, & Pat Nevins
Mars Hotel Guests: Robin Sylvester, Pete Lavezzoli, John Stewart, Sam Johnston, Steve Sofranko, Ryan Hickey, Jerry Saracini
More to be announced.....
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, lightchaser, SunshineSue
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: August 5, 2012 JERRY DAY 2012

#183151 2 years ago

Today's Performers

Melvin Seals and JGB

Melvin Seals serves up a tasty mix with a little R&B and gospel thrown in to spice things up. Melvin and JGB brings an intuitive, expressive style, soul, spontaneity and remarkable chops to the table. With acoustic and electric ingredients and unique combinations of Dave Hebert's guitar and amazing vocals, Jimmy Tebeau's savory bass, Pete Lavezzoli’s hearty drums and, of course, a heapin' helpin' of the wizard's magic on Hammond B-3 Organ and keyboards. Along with Shirley Starks and Cheryl Rucker on back-up vocals, the result is a most satisfying blend of natural organic grooves that challenges genre boundaries. Their chemistry is the focus from which they create a spontaneous and high art where the sky is the limit musically. They offer an exciting, often psychedelic musical journey that changes nightly and keeps the audience dancing and smiling (and some staring in amazement) for hours.

Stu Allen and Mars Hotel

Stu Allen & Mars Hotel, a tribute band based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, emulates the feel, excitement, and energy of the Grateful Dead at their peak. Filled with jam band veterans and Grateful Dead enthusiasts, this band is sure to please even the most discriminating dead-head. Featuring the ever-popular and always inventive Stu Allen (formerly of Melvin Seals & JGB), Mars Hotel presents familiar and obscure Dead songs which they use as launch pads for flights of improvisation.

PETER ROWAN

Grammy-award winner and six-time Grammy nominee, Peter Rowan is a bluegrass singer-songwriter with a career spanning over five decades. From his early years playing under the tutelage of bluegrass patriarch Bill Monroe, and following his stint in Old & In the Way with Jerry Garcia and subsequent breakout as both a solo performer and bandleader, Rowan has built a devoted, international fan base through his continuous stream of original recordings, collaborative projects, and constant touring.

The late '60s and early 70's saw Rowan collaborating with musical compatriots in a number of rock, folk and bluegrass combinations: Earth Opera with David Grisman, Sea Train with fiddler Richard Greene (himself a graduate of Monroe's band) Muleskinner with both Grisman and Greene, former Bluegrass Boy banjoist Bill Keith and the great Clarence White. From the ashes of Muleskinner, Rowan and Grisman went on to join Jerry Garcia, Vassar Clements, and John Kahn, forming the legendary bluegrass band Old & In the Way. It was during this time that Rowan penned the song "Panama Red," a subsequent hit for the New Riders of the Purple Sage and a classic ever since. Other time-honored compositions by Rowan include " Moonlight Midnight", " In The Land of the Navajo" and "Lonesome L.A. Cowboy". Jerry Garcia himself recorded Rowan's "Moonlight Midnight" and the haunting "Mississippi Moon".

Blue Bear School of Music's nonprofit mission is to provide superior quality and affordable popular music education to aspiring musicians of all ages and skill levels within a supportive and encouraging community.

Blue Bear School of Music is San Francisco's leading destination for aspiring musicians of all ages and all skill levels who want to enjoy learning and playing rock, blues, jazz, folk or pop. Blue Bear, a nonprofit organization founded in 1971, is a place where learning and playing popular music is fun and affordable, where people come together who love music, and where each student's unique talents and goals are recognized and supported.

Blue Bear's professional staff and student music community have helped more than 20,000 students achieve their musical goals for voice, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano, bass, drums, horns, songwriting, bands and ensembles. The School currently has more than 1,700 members annually enrolled in small group classes and private or semi-private lessons Monday through Saturday. Blue Bear provides annual scholarships by audition to talented young musicians, and offers "sliding scale" pricing to those with financial need.

Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, Island Head
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#183181 2 years ago
Beautiful stream
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Chester
More or less in line

#183182 2 years ago
I didn't realize they were doing this for ten years now. So they started this right after the Terrapin station shows at Alpine.
Very cool. And, it is an excellent stream.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Cub
Senior Boarder

#183186 2 years ago
Stu Allen & Mars Hotel

1. Touch Of Grey
2. Feel Like A Stranger
3. West L.A. Fade Away
4. Big River
5. Cumberland Blues
6. Cassidy
7. Here Comes Sunshine
8. Goodnight Irene
Please....
What else did I missed during nationwide buffer glitch-out ?
I'm Troubled
Uncle Johns Band
take 2
- stream more steady now 3pm EXCELLENT, MOST EXCELLENT Job.
Attics Of My Life
Love Light
- encore -
DEAL........
I'm sure glad the full set list up there , before scrolling down to read this partial one

"And Say Thank you for a REAL GooD TiME"
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Cub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#183212 2 years ago
Thanks for keeping the set list, Cub. Buffering is a major problem. Your list was a helpful double-check. It's ironic that you checked out of here as the song I'm Troubled was playing. I was troubled, too. Stream quality returned to excellent during Uncle John's Band.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Chester
More or less in line

#183223 2 years ago
Front Street - Stu Allen - Jerry Garcia Ampitheater - Mclaren Park. Taken a little while ago.

Picture from FaceBook, courtesy of Tonya Stultz
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, alilfurther, Cub, illuminaughty, Island Head
Cub
Senior Boarder

#183226 2 years ago
Facebook, thx Chester. I have fun with those shots of the audience, from the bands view.

1. Finders Keepers
2.Johnny Too Bad
3. What A Wonderful World This Could Be
4. Neighbor, Neighbor
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Cub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#183231 2 years ago
That picture is from FaceBook.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#183232 2 years ago
I need help with song titles! Anyone know the name of the opener? Finders Keepers was my hunch, and a quick listen seemed to verify.
Thank You Jerry
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds