• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Fall Tour Prediction Game Discussion!

#187202 2 years, 1 month ago
I vote to use my format haha
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#187243 2 years, 1 month ago
The game wont die! I just am really reaching out to everyone who plays to help me out! I just don't feel the motivation to do all the scoring or even most of it again. But I also feel if we have a new scorer each night of the tour it could cause some problems as well. But I think the best thing to do is start a sign up sheet.

I decided the lay out will be

1st set Opener (2pts)
1st set Wild card (2pts)
1st set Closer (2pts)

2nd set Opener (2pts)
2nd set Wild card (2pts)
2nd set Closer (2pts)

Encore (2pts)

5 Extra Bonus Picks (Set/Song) (2pts)
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Everything will be worth 2 points if correct spot and 1 point for correct song in different spot.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, amusingdeva
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#187256 2 years, 1 month ago
Where are all the techies? There should be an app for this! Fantasy Furthur, there it is the million$ idea.

Em I cn help out as long as its not the last 4 nights.
The voices tell me what to say
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#187368 2 years, 1 month ago
How about if everyone who plays just scores themselves and sends it to the gamemaster? Discrepancies can be scored by someone else.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#187376 2 years, 1 month ago
I predict the Edgefield run will be the best of the tour.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#187737 2 years, 1 month ago
You know the one thing we need is a left-handed monkey wrench:cheer:
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#190872 2 years, 1 month ago
What stinks about any format with a direct scoring on openers and closers - is that Furthur takes it Furthur, right? Isn't that what we love? Closing with crazienest and opening with it too? If you think it's a Stranger night and you call it as an opener - but the band closes set 1 or puts it in the middle of set 2, you get nothing? That ain't kind....

I understand that scoring the current carnation is brutal. (my bro-in-law was supposed to make it via website- still waiting!). What if we just scale it down. Make it 10 songs we will here tonight, order of most def to less def. (maybe add first set- second set- or encore, for tie breaker purposes???)

The other thing is you shouldn't see anyone's predictions till after you submitt. That way there is no piggybacking on the tail of someone with the hot hand!!

Anyways, I love anyone crazy enough to even care or talk about this stuff, cuz I love this band. I am on tour after Red Rocks! First Furthur visit to SD! Too cool. And the Santa Barbara Bowl is the coolest venue on the planet - hands down!! Nobody can dispute that. I will take over 1,000 pictures there for proof. Peace and love to all the couch tour vets! Long live this band
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#190932 2 years, 1 month ago
Cooper wrote:

The other thing is you shouldn't see anyone's predictions till after you submit. That way there is no piggybacking on the tail of someone with the hot hand!!

Anyways, I love anyone crazy enough to even care or talk about this stuff, cuz I love this band. I am on tour after Red Rocks! First Furthur visit to SD! Too cool. And the Santa Barbara Bowl is the coolest venue on the planet - hands down!! Nobody can dispute that. I will take over 1,000 pictures there for proof. Peace and love to all the couch tour vets! Long live this band

What's wrong with emulating the behavior of those with superior intuition or scanning others' set lists to jar loose the song you meant to add, but temporarily forgot? As the cyclists draft behind the leader, I have used this technique to tweak the picks of the players with the hot hands into a winning hand for myself. I'm usually in the middle or towards the rear of the pack, but I was thrilled to win one round. Please don't deny this opportunity, some of us need all of the help that we can get from this community. (And some of us are so far out there that we need to find a tether once and a while to return to earth and get grounded.)

Enjoy the tour! Santa Barbara Bowl is a fun venue. I hope that they allow refillable water containers this year. In 2010 I was not permitted to bring mine in. The pit was incredible, and I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the venue.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cooper, grateful_deathpants
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#191087 2 years, 1 month ago
I will do the scoring for the two night im hosting the streams
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#191100 2 years, 1 month ago
23atwell wrote:
I will do the scoring for the two night im hosting the streams

That would be great Ryan!!!!! I do have a list of people who signed up to score the predictions.

www.furthur.net/forum/show-reviews/18730...et-list-scoring-help

DenverMan signed up to score the predictions on the 25th the same night you are going to post the set list. And I signed up for scoring the predictions on the 2nd but I will change it and put your name there if you dont mind! And if DenverMan wants to hand his over. But as of now I'm gonna keep DenverMan's name there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#191102 2 years, 1 month ago
Cooper wrote:
What stinks about any format with a direct scoring on openers and closers - is that Furthur takes it Furthur, right? Isn't that what we love? Closing with crazienest and opening with it too? If you think it's a Stranger night and you call it as an opener - but the band closes set 1 or puts it in the middle of set 2, you get nothing? That ain't kind....

I understand that scoring the current carnation is brutal. (my bro-in-law was supposed to make it via website- still waiting!). What if we just scale it down. Make it 10 songs we will here tonight, order of most def to less def. (maybe add first set- second set- or encore, for tie breaker purposes???)

The other thing is you shouldn't see anyone's predictions till after you submitt. That way there is no piggybacking on the tail of someone with the hot hand!!

I did enjoy your version Cooper! I loved picking out the whole set list. That is why I wanted to keep it going after you weren't able to keep it going anymore. But creating games isn't my forte. And having over 20+ people playing per round the scoring got to be a bit much! I was hoping someone else wanted to jump in and take over. So we are just gonna go with the new format this tour and see what happens with it.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#191106 2 years, 1 month ago
I just want to say I appreciate everyones input and help. No matter what the structure is, I am just glad to have it and thank you all for adding some great fun to life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67, mortimer
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds