• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Fall Tour Prediction Game Discussion!

#180843 2 years, 2 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
The new format will be to pick a 1st Set Opener and Closer; 2nd Set Opener and Closer, and of course an encore! Plus we decided to add some bonus picks in the mix to help get more points!

This is where I need your help.
How many bonus picks do we want? 5, 7, or 11? Also next to your bonus pick do we want to be able to guess the set it will be played in or extra encore for an extra point?

All correct answers in the correct spot will be worth 2 points and everything correct but not in the correct spot will be worth 1 point. Does anyone want to change this?

Also I think it will be good to set some ground rules so we are all on the same page. Like....
-Do we want to count Jam as a song?
-Reprises count or no?
-Terrapin should count for all parts of the song?
-Sunshine Daydream does not count if played after Sugar Magnolia (it does if on it's own).
-WRS doesn't count if just Let it Grow was played.
-ETC

Please feel free to give your input! This is a community project after all!

I think this structure sounds great! It's going to be much, much easier to score, though I think we need more than one person to handle the scoring anyway, it's still going to be a big job.

My 2 cents on the details are: 5 bonus picks with a set number indicated, so picked in correct set gets 2 points, played at all gets 1 points. And:

Also I think it will be good to set some ground rules so we are all on the same page. Like....
-Do we want to count Jam as a song? NO
-Reprises count or no? NO
-Terrapin should count for all parts of the song? I say 1 point for all of Terrapin, even if its a suite
-Sunshine Daydream does not count if played after Sugar Magnolia (it does if on it's own). I'd rather just see the only pick being Sugar Mag. It gets WAY too complicated to figure out a Sugar Mag reprise from a SSDD, and technically there is no song called SSDD. I've seen this issue get argued for days!
-WRS doesn't count if just Let it Grow was played. Agree, WRS isn't equal to LIG, but if you picked LIG and they play WRS you get the point(s)

And above all, I say the Commissioner makes all final rulings, and there shall be no arguing, whining, crying or screaming with her decisions!!!

Thanks for taking care of all this, Em! The game is big fun and really adds to the tour!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#180887 2 years, 2 months ago
Just want to say Thanks for the fun. I'll let you all figure it out cause Im already confused.............I better just listen to the music play...............
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#180953 2 years, 2 months ago
can't forget the "first time played"--bust out..that and one time played are things that are called before the tour. otherones.net is pretty organized and finding out who wrote a song and stuff is fairly simple on there. now, i'm saying this from an easier said than done perspective because i know i will not be around to be counting scores as i'll be on the road going to shows and moving on this upcoming tour.

sue i agree with some of your rules
---jam is not a song. jam is normally something before the first tune of either set. it will sometimes be labeled midset first or second but it's really when there is a pretty distinct end of the first song but a quick veer to uncharted territory before clearly starting another song. it's really just improv time. so, i'm with you, it shouldn't be counted for anything.

---reprise is no extra points. once it happened the first time you'd get points. like, if they divided up dark star or viola, you'd only get credit for it happening the one time.

--terrapin is tricky. first couple times i saw them they did it the way GD would, then at FF and from then on they were doing the suite, except one time in philly 2010 out of blues for allah (which by the way is coming at red rocks in sept) they did the backend of terrapin starting at "at a siding" and then at bethel the terrapin sandwich. so i guess it's up to folks to properly call how they think the terrapin will play out. maybe not that's up for debate i think.

---WRS call has to be a full suite prelude>pt 1>let it grow...user can pick any combo as they've done prelude>pt 1>insert song>let it grow..those are ballsy picks to begin with as they're so rare.

just my two cents on those ones. more input from others is needed
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#180965 2 years, 2 months ago
I always liked the fantasy ratdog format. It would definitely be easier on the players to make your picks once up front. It would probably be about the same amount of work for the scorers.

I could go either way, either format is/would be fun.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
TMax
Senior Boarder

#181012 2 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i came across the original fantasy furthur game this morning looking up some other stuff

First Set Opener (:
If your pick opens the 1st set, score 8 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
First Set Wild Card (4):
If your pick is played in the 1st set, score 4 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
First Set Closer (6):
If your pick closes the 1st set, score 6 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
Second Set Opener (:
If your pick opens the 2nd set, score 8 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
Second Set Wild Card (4):
If your pick is played in the 2nd set, score 4 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
Second Set Closer (6):
If your pick closes the 2nd set, score 6 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
Encore (5):
If your pick is played in the encore, score 5 points; or if it's played elsewhere in the show, score 1 point.
Wild Card (2):
If your pick is played at any time in the show, score 2 points.
Wild Card (2):
If your pick is played at any time in the show, score 2 points.
Dylan Song (3):
If your pick is played at any time in the show, score 3 points.
Cover Song (3):
If your pick is played at any time in the show, score 3 points.
One Time Played (15):
If your pick is played at only one show,, score 15 points.

i think it would be cool to adopt that original scoring system as it includes a dylan tune, some wildcards, and a one time played for big points, but change picks on a night to night basis.

there are also some pretty clear rules about parts of song and 3rd set scenarios. it is essentially the old fantasy ratdog.

I like this. It makes it a little more exciting and challenging than just doing set openers/closers and encores. If we go this route, I volunteer to help score. We could take out any piece of this we didn't like (like Dylan or Cover) and add any we do (like doing a cowboy tune, doing a Brent tune, breaking out something new, etc...)
You can't get lost when you're always found...
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#181371 2 years, 2 months ago
Awesome yes score people are needed badly!

Or if someone wants to take over completely I wouldn't mind
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#181683 2 years, 2 months ago
the fantasy ratdog/other ones scoring system is so high lol

i just like the openers/closers/encore 5 bonus and 2 or 1 points each. lol

my opinion
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#181716 2 years, 2 months ago
my fall tour prediction is this: last Furthur tour, catch 'em while you can. not the end of Furthur, just the end of touring.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
The following user(s) said Thank You: dannyprime
Wharfratross69
Junior Boarder
I'll get up and fly away

#182259 2 years, 2 months ago
I like this format which we use in the ratdog thread...

1st set op
1st set wild card (anywhere in 1st set 2pts)
1st set closer

2nd set op
2nd set wild card
2nd set closer

Cover song (3pts)
encore (3pts)

Exact spot is 2pts, anywhere in show is 1 point
Straws
Junior Boarder

#185852 2 years, 2 months ago
If I were running the show, we would all pick;

1st set opener and closer,
2nd set opener and closer,
1 encore,
worth 2 points if played in the exact spot (1 point if just played)
plus 7 bonus songs - worth 1 point if played.

I really believe the simpler the better.

Just my $.02, however, I will fully support whatever our band leader chooses!

See you on tour.............

Straws
Ride in the whalebelly, Fade away in moonlight, Sink beneath the waters, To the coral sands below, Now is the time of returning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, FurthurFlower67, patchmyfurthur
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#187087 2 years, 2 months ago
I dont know what to do! I was hoping someone wanted to take the game over. I will be glad to help out with prizes still.

Maybe if we all sign up and volunteer to help score. Either way I need someone to do the first three dates of the run and pick a game layout for us. Any volunteers?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#187103 2 years, 2 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I dont know what to do! I was hoping someone wanted to take the game over. I will be glad to help out with prizes still.

Maybe if we all sign up and volunteer to help score. Either way I need someone to do the first three dates of the run and pick a game layout for us. Any volunteers?

I'm happy to volunteer for a show or two later in the run, especially with a new, shorter format. Maybe start a sign-up list?? I agree with FF that there's just no way to do it while on the road. Anyone(s) not going to Red Rocks willing and available for to run the threads and score those nights? I'd hate to see the game die out!

Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds