• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: All Good

#178616 1 year, 9 months ago
is the complete setlist from Bob/Bruce/Branford at AllGood available anywhere?
Marky
Fresh Boarder

#178722 1 year, 9 months ago
Both the Bobby/Bruce/Branford and Phil sets were solid.

Not as tight as Furthur was the last month, in my opinion.

Mickey's set was OK today. His female vocalist is very talented, and belted out a nice Samson.

All three Dead units played slower tempo, and mixed the cadence occasionally. Same was true for the Allman's on Sat night.
DSO played a blistering set of dead tunes on Sat afternoon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#178756 1 year, 9 months ago
I still can't find a complete All Good setlist, but I did just find another BBB review, which mentions a few more song titles:

www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/all-go...trampled-by-turtles/

The set by Bob Weir, Bruce Hornsby and Branford Marsalis was an exquisite blending of jazz and rock in the Birdsong > Dark Star opener. Their takes on Franklin’s Tower impressed Dead fans while satisfying jazz jam enthusiasts as both elements were manifest, largely thanks to Marsalis flawless timing. The show was a highlight for man with Hornsby getting more into the game with Great Divide and King & Big Boss Man. Additional set highlights included a soaring Scarlet/Fire and Sugaree, and the Jack Straw set closer left the audience wanting more.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#178824 1 year, 9 months ago
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#178830 1 year, 9 months ago
^maybe that review got the Dark Star/Big Boss Man mixed up from the Vibes ?

I can't imagine there were no tapers at All Good - hopefully a recording will pop up soon of at least Bob and Phil's sets, or at least a setlist if no recording!
mlippert.2
Junior Boarder

#178865 1 year, 9 months ago
I hope to see something too, but from my understanding there was no taping allowed at All Good. It's a shame because that Phil and Friends show was the best show I've ever seen. Should have bought a copy while at the festival.
Sure don't know what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#178872 1 year, 9 months ago
i think this NYE will be it for furthur. i think they all four will do thier own things, sittin in with each other now and again.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#178947 1 year, 9 months ago
The new venue had me missing Marvin's Mountaintop, and the new bands had me missing Furthur. I don't want to be too negative, but I found myself scratching my head a number of times. BBB did get really psychedelic, but also got sleepy and dare I say it boring at times. Phil and Friends was better, but I think that Larry campbell lacks the subtly that is necessary for a jam to grow organically. He took one solo that had me wondering if I was in fact watching LC and friends. He will never understand this music as deeply as John K. And Jackie Green is just so mediocre. I don't mind him playing rythm guitar, but god damnit I want Jeff Chimenti on the mother fuckin keys. I can deal with John not being there, but I don't think I can deal with someone else filling Jeff's spot. Brian and Graham held their own. I think they were pretty low in the mix, but Graham got some opportunities to sing and I was digging his take on the vocals. They definitely found some real nice grooves, but to my ear they lacked flow and cohesion which is understandable for a new band. But I would not go out of my way to see this line-up again. Put jeff on the keys, Warren on lead and I'm there.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#178951 1 year, 9 months ago
DSO threw it down saturday afternoon. They always give allgood the love. Mickey was awesome, didn't think it was quite as good as his set at Wanee, but he only had like 1:15 How the fuck did Michael Franti get more time than Mickey Hart? come on allgood.

I think my favorite set of the festival was Yonder Mountain String Band. They absolutely tore it up. Like they always do at allgood. I just saw them maybe a month ago and it was a fun show, but they didn't bring the heat like they do at festivals.

the Allman Brothers were great of course. The biggest surprise of the weekend for me was The Bridge. I've seen them before and always liked them, but god damn did they jam the fuck out. Absolutely killed it. They could have played all night. Also the rex jam was very good. Larry keel, Reed Mathis and Trevor from Tea Leaf Green and others jelled nicely.

other than that all I have to report is the normal from all hood. Theivery, bunk/RC doses, and crooked security were all wide spread. This may very well have been my last allgood. Which makes me sad because it was my first festival/first introduction to live dead music.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#179133 1 year, 9 months ago
Weir,Hornsby, Marsalis
All Good Music Festival
Thornville, Oh 7-19-12

Set List
1.Bird Song
2.Other One Jam
3.Great Divide
4.Rainbow's Cadillac
5.Franklin's Tower
6.Hell in a Bucket
7.Loser
8.Scarlet Begonias
9.Jack Straw

Download
bt.etree.org/details.php?id=557098 or www.archive.org/details/WeirHornsbyMarsalis2012-07-19
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Gordon the Drummer.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds