• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1362

Show Reviews? Where?

#176109 2 years, 2 months ago
Allright you lazy pizza eatin freaks. I know some of you are able to form complete sentences AND have some thoughts on the shows you attended. As someone who was cyber castigated for posting a review in the "General Discussion" forum once ....the title of the forum is show REVIEWS. Although I am in favor of setlists and live listening, the lack of reviews here is glaring and appaling. It demonstrates a general laissez-faire attitude towards the forum. In accordance with that the review sections' motto should be "Put down the pipe and type!!!"

Signed

Your self appointed FB ombudsman
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
Connor
Junior Boarder
Posts:276

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176113 2 years, 2 months ago
Well, I have yet to post a real review here, but I have posted a link to my blog that has reviews of Furthur shows I've been to.

connors-picks.blogspot.com/


Sorry for the bad formatting of the blog posts, I'll get to fixing it eventually!!
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176231 2 years, 2 months ago
i've been slacking. sleeping 12 hour days. and how did you know i had pizza for dinner? weird man, weird.

you actually got the whip cracking i am doing one for canandaigua right now and will do the rest as i feel.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2730

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176514 2 years, 2 months ago
I've been slacking off.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3373

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176552 2 years, 2 months ago
Prefacing my review with: I am a spoiled little Deadhead.

1. I have seen all but 2 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine" and "Watchtower."

2. Seeing 90% of the songs I have caught before one time or another (hell, there were a LOT of songs they already did in Chicago the times I saw them LAST NOVEMBER and November 2010) really disappointed me.

3. How many people that went to this show saw them in Chicago in November 2010 and November 2011? Are you REALLY that excited to hear "Morning Dew" again? Yes, they do it amazing, but come on. "Mountains of the Moon" was near perfection last fall at Allstate, but it failed to keep my attention (minus a jam near the end) tonight. "Cassidy" was done last November at Allstate. "Viola" is the exception to this, because I LOVED the way they changed it up tonight.

4. LOVED Phil at the end of "Doin That Rag" with his arm motions!!!! And his "UH!" at the end. Nice.

5. WHERE WAS MY "ESAU"???????? >.<

6. I CALLED THE OPENER!

7. TALKERS SUCK!!!! God damn people!!!!! Shut the fuck up seriously. Why even go if you're gonna scream over the music?!?!?! That really pissed me off.

8. BOB!!!!! GET A GUITAR THAT DOESN'T SCREECH!!!!!! Damn my ears were bleeding in the 2nd set. Either change the guitar or quit. I can't take it anymore, sorry guys. It was excruciating tonight.

9. Minus my bitching, the band sounds TIGHT and rarely (if at all) missed a cue or a transition, and Bobby got ALL the lyrics right (minus a word flub during "Throwing Stones"). A+ for this.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder
Posts:777

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176596 2 years, 2 months ago
I could prob do one for the first night of BK. The funny accidental lost sailor in lieu of the WRS. Opps, Bobby even you made yourself laugh. It was a good tease for all tho.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1636

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176640 2 years, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Prefacing my review with: I am a spoiled little Deadhead.

1. I have seen all but 2 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine" and "Watchtower."

2. Seeing 90% of the songs I have caught before one time or another (hell, there were a LOT of songs they already did in Chicago the times I saw them LAST NOVEMBER and November 2010) really disappointed me.

3. How many people that went to this show saw them in Chicago in November 2010 and November 2011? Are you REALLY that excited to hear "Morning Dew" again? Yes, they do it amazing, but come on. "Mountains of the Moon" was near perfection last fall at Allstate, but it failed to keep my attention (minus a jam near the end) tonight. "Cassidy" was done last November at Allstate. "Viola" is the exception to this, because I LOVED the way they changed it up tonight.

4. LOVED Phil at the end of "Doin That Rag" with his arm motions!!!! And his "UH!" at the end. Nice.

5. WHERE WAS MY "ESAU"???????? >.<

6. I CALLED THE OPENER!

7. TALKERS SUCK!!!! God damn people!!!!! Shut the fuck up seriously. Why even go if you're gonna scream over the music?!?!?! That really pissed me off.

8. BOB!!!!! GET A GUITAR THAT DOESN'T SCREECH!!!!!! Damn my ears were bleeding in the 2nd set. Either change the guitar or quit. I can't take it anymore, sorry guys. It was excruciating tonight.

9. Minus my bitching, the band sounds TIGHT and rarely (if at all) missed a cue or a transition, and Bobby got ALL the lyrics right (minus a word flub during "Throwing Stones"). A+ for this.



With all of that griping, an A+? It sounds like a C- to me. Glad you enjoyed it though. Coming to RR in September?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3373

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#176675 2 years, 2 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
With all of that griping, an A+? It sounds like a C- to me. Glad you enjoyed it though. Coming to RR in September?


The most griping I had was really because of the talkers (screamers) and the song selection. The PLAYING was amazing. Always has been with this band. And I'm not gonna do RR (as of yet), but am gonna try to get tickets for the 2nd Greek show!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#177247 2 years, 2 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
Allright you lazy pizza eatin freaks. I know some of you are able to form complete sentences AND have some thoughts on the shows you attended. As someone who was cyber castigated for posting a review in the "General Discussion" forum once ....the title of the forum is show REVIEWS. Although I am in favor of setlists and live listening, the lack of reviews here is glaring and appaling. It demonstrates a general laissez-faire attitude towards the forum. In accordance with that the review sections' motto should be "Put down the pipe and type!!!"

Signed

Your self appointed FB ombudsman
we review the show while its playing duh you expect potheads to remember anything?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Show Reviews? Where?

#177485 2 years, 2 months ago
STIW you are right! Pure laziness has set in! I usually did a little review but it's hard now a days. I'm still trying to get myself to do a review of the Derek Trucks show I saw last weekend!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds