Prefacing my review with: I am a spoiled little Deadhead.
1. I have seen all but 2 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine" and "Watchtower."
2. Seeing 90% of the songs I have caught before one time or another (hell, there were a LOT of songs they already did in Chicago the times I saw them LAST NOVEMBER and November 2010) really disappointed me.
3. How many people that went to this show saw them in Chicago in November 2010 and November 2011? Are you REALLY that excited to hear "Morning Dew" again? Yes, they do it amazing, but come on. "Mountains of the Moon" was near perfection last fall at Allstate, but it failed to keep my attention (minus a jam near the end) tonight. "Cassidy" was done last November at Allstate. "Viola" is the exception to this, because I LOVED the way they changed it up tonight.
4. LOVED Phil at the end of "Doin That Rag" with his arm motions!!!! And his "UH!" at the end. Nice.
5. WHERE WAS MY "ESAU"???????? >.<
6. I CALLED THE OPENER!
7. TALKERS SUCK!!!! God damn people!!!!! Shut the fuck up seriously. Why even go if you're gonna scream over the music?!?!?! That really pissed me off.
8. BOB!!!!! GET A GUITAR THAT DOESN'T SCREECH!!!!!! Damn my ears were bleeding in the 2nd set. Either change the guitar or quit. I can't take it anymore, sorry guys. It was excruciating tonight.
9. Minus my bitching, the band sounds TIGHT and rarely (if at all) missed a cue or a transition, and Bobby got ALL the lyrics right (minus a word flub during "Throwing Stones"). A+ for this.
With all of that griping, an A+? It sounds like a C- to me. Glad you enjoyed it though. Coming to RR in September?