• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: SET LIST Furthur Chicago, Il 7/17

#176770 2 years, 2 months ago
Those pictures make the venue look a lot bigger than it is. Hanging out on that back deck on the astroturf is one of the best places in that house. Usually a nice breeze up there, too.

Not reading good things about Truckin' > Viola Lee Blues > Mountains of the Moon. That's too bad. Viola in Chicago is beyond trite at this point, but I like that grouping. Mountains of the Moon is a song this band can take to other worlds.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176771 2 years, 2 months ago
I posted the two pics that Chester left out in an earlier post as an attachment. I don't know how to get them to embed. Assistance?

I LOVED the Truckin. SWORE it was gonna be Cosmic Charlie. LOVED the Viola. SWORE a Cumberland was comin back hahaha and then I thought "maybe a 90's-style Maggie's Farm". The different ways they did Viola was kinda Phish-like. All the while, I think that Truckin > Viola was the MVP of the 2nd set.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#176856 2 years, 2 months ago
The mountains of the moon was good, it just was terribly difficult to hear Phil. IMO
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#177214 2 years, 2 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
OMG i feel terrible. I believe i saw Furthur flower, a dude with a strange hat, and older fellow in purple tie dye pictured aboe. It was in the shed parking garage. First I ran down the stares and thought i recongnized furthur flower(i think) then yall walked past me and a few budies chillin by our car. Section 2b. I had a white cutoff dead shirt/stealie and a bandanna. DOH! I knew i should have said something but just wasnt sure. Hope to meet everyone at red rocks. I looked for the flag but no luck today.,,,, Anyways great show. Unvbelieable Throwing stones. Cheers- Dan

Aww Dan that was us. We would have loved if you said hello! Keep in touch and we will for sure meet up with the rest of the family at Red Rocks!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
Chester
More or less in line

#177267 2 years, 2 months ago
Chester wrote:
discordthreads wrote:
Thought I already posted this question, but the forum must have hiccuped. Anywhere to listen to last nights show?

Doesn't look like it's up yet. Soon. Probably today.

This show is up on the archive for streaming. archive.org/details/Furthur2012-07-17.Furthur2012-07-17

(Second set.)
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#177274 2 years, 2 months ago
Listening now. Really nice show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#177360 2 years, 2 months ago
I listened to the official copy on my way back to Nashville, and I must say...that was an AWESOME show. I feel really shitty now about taking my anger towards talkative audience members out on the show. Lesson learned: don't expect so much next time, and just listen to the music play
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#177365 2 years, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
I posted the two pics that Chester left out in an earlier post as an attachment. I don't know how to get them to embed. Assistance?

I LOVED the Truckin. SWORE it was gonna be Cosmic Charlie. LOVED the Viola. SWORE a Cumberland was comin back hahaha and then I thought "maybe a 90's-style Maggie's Farm". The different ways they did Viola was kinda Phish-like. All the while, I think that Truckin > Viola was the MVP of the 2nd set.

Really? The MVP? What about the Morning Dew that they finally bust out? or the Stones or even the Attics? Don't get me wrong the Truckin>Viola was amazing and jammed out very well, i guess maybe I've just seen them so many times (not to many cause you can never have enough).
The voices tell me what to say
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#177375 2 years, 2 months ago
man that Viola was just so DIFFERENT, at least I haven't heard one like that before. It blew me away. But that Dew was actually really grate too...
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#177381 2 years, 2 months ago
If you get a chance check out the Viola>Bertha>Viola>Wharf Rat>Viola>Stella from Wanee truly amazing. The Viola itself is awesome, every time they brought it back it was a different tempo and beat it was cool
The voices tell me what to say
TheBarnPresents
Fresh Boarder

#177661 2 years, 1 month ago
Here is my review of Chicago show. There is a stream or download, too, if you want to listen and compare notes.

www.thebarnpresents.com/review-stream-do...o-il-71712-7570.html
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#177665 2 years, 1 month ago
Really great review and I always love checking the Furthur song infographic you do. thanks so much for that!

If I had to make two suggestions, first it says the age group of fans is upper thirties to mid forties. I would say that mid twenties to mid 50s is what i see at all teh furthur shows i go to. Very wide ranging age gaps. Even on this board we have early mid 20s regulars and regulars in their late 40s and 50s.

Also just regarding the "Cumberland" ish part of Viola Lee. They have been doing that the last couple tours, I think it started maybe in Wallingford and then again at the Beacon. It is pretty freaking awesome, at the Beacon they did Viola>Smokestack>Spoonful>Viola>Eyes>Viola. After the Eyes they went into that Cumberlandy type groove and I got tricked again! I love it
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds