• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
GDKlinger
Fresh Boarder

Re: SET LIST Furthur Chicago, Il 7/17

#176529 2 years ago
An absolute, unequivocal, undeniable MONSTER of a Dew. Huge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Zipster, SunshineSue
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#176543 2 years ago
A few pictures from tonight ill update names later. Smoking hot show tonight with lots of long crazy jams! Loved it!

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, alilfurther, SunshineSue, islandgirl77
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176545 2 years ago
Prefacing my review with: I am a spoiled little Deadhead.

1. I have seen all but 3 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine," "Watchtower," and "Attics."

2. Seeing 90% of the songs I have caught before one time or another (hell, there were a LOT of songs they already did in Chicago the times I saw them LAST NOVEMBER and November 2010) really disappointed me.

3. How many people that went to this show saw them in Chicago in November 2010 and November 2011? Are you REALLY that excited to hear "Morning Dew" again? Yes, they do it amazing, but come on. "Mountains of the Moon" was near perfection last fall at Allstate, but it failed to keep my attention (minus a jam near the end) tonight. "Cassidy" was done last November at Allstate. "Viola" is the exception to this, because I LOVED the way they changed it up tonight.

4. LOVED Phil at the end of "Doin That Rag" with his arm motions!!!! And his "UH!" at the end. Nice.

5. WHERE WAS MY "ESAU"???????? >.<

6. I CALLED THE OPENER!

7. TALKERS SUCK!!!! God damn people!!!!! Shut the fuck up seriously. Why even go if you're gonna scream over the music?!?!?! That really pissed me off.

8. BOB!!!!! GET A GUITAR THAT DOESN'T SCREECH!!!!!! Damn my ears were bleeding in the 2nd set. Either change the guitar or quit. I can't take it anymore, sorry guys. It was excruciating tonight.

9. Minus my bitching, the band sounds TIGHT and rarely (if at all) missed a cue or a transition, and Bobby got ALL the lyrics right (minus a word flub during "Throwing Stones"). A+ for this.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by patchmyfurthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connor
Connor
Junior Boarder

#176547 2 years ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:

1. I have seen all but 2 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine" and "Watchtower."

2. Seeing 90% of the songs I have caught before one time or another (hell, there were a LOT of songs they already did in Chicago the times I saw them LAST NOVEMBER and November 2010) really disappointed me.

3. How many people that went to this show saw them in Chicago in November 2010 and November 2011? Are you REALLY that excited to hear "Morning Dew" again? Yes, they do it amazing, but come on. "Mountains of the Moon" was near perfection last fall at Allstate, but it failed to keep my attention (minus a jam near the end) tonight. "Cassidy" was done last November at Allstate. "Viola" is the exception to this, because I LOVED the way they changed it up tonight.

4. LOVED Phil at the end of "Doin That Rag" with his arm motions!!!! And his "UH!" at the end. Nice.

6. I CALLED THE OPENER!

7. TALKERS SUCK!!!! God damn people!!!!! Shut the fuck up seriously. Why even go if you're gonna scream over the music?!?!?! That really pissed me off.

8. BOB!!!!! GET A GUITAR THAT DOESN'T SCREECH!!!!!! Damn my ears were bleeding in the 2nd set. Either change the guitar or quit. I can't take it anymore, sorry guys. It was excruciating tonight.

9. Minus my bitching, the band sounds TIGHT and rarely (if at all) missed a cue or a transition, and Bobby got ALL the lyrics right (minus a word flub during "Throwing Stones"). A+ for this.

I was there too and agree with everything you said. I was happy to call the Stranger opening set 2 though!
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Chester
More or less in line

#176553 2 years ago
GDKlinger wrote:
An absolute, unequivocal, undeniable MONSTER of a Dew. Huge.

Of course. It had to be.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#176558 2 years ago
OMG i feel terrible. I believe i saw Furthur flower, a dude with a strange hat, and older fellow in purple tie dye pictured aboe. It was in the shed parking garage. First I ran down the stares and thought i recongnized furthur flower(i think) then yall walked past me and a few budies chillin by our car. Section 2b. I had a white cutoff dead shirt/stealie and a bandanna. DOH! I knew i should have said something but just wasnt sure. Hope to meet everyone at red rocks. I looked for the flag but no luck today.,,,, Anyways great show. Unvbelieable Throwing stones. Cheers- Dan
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#176568 2 years ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:

1. I have seen all but 3 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine," "Watchtower," and "Attics."

6. I CALLED THE OPENER!

it's not about hearing new songs everytime you go, it's really about hearing how different they sound on a night to night basis. the only way you will ever get the variety is if you go on tour, not see shows in one exclusive region once or twice a year. i've never in my life heard somebody complain they played mountains of the moon or morning dew. you call that spoiled i call it plain crazy. you just heard the first dew since april 15th. 14 shows.

i do have to agree with a few points you make. doin that rag with the accapella ending and phil holding out the time to the exact second he wants before wrapping it. pure awesome. talkers do suck. luckily at GA shows you can walk right away though. sorry to hear about bob's guitar. i thought it's been sounding a lot better as aof late but i was not there last night to confirm anything yet. it sounded like he was using some of thos eeffects to his advantage even recently.

all in all glad you enjoyed and think they sound tight with rare actual mistakes. it's a good thing when a semi-unhappy review is more about the person rather than the actual playing of the band,
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dustin
Fresh Boarder

#176569 2 years ago
Well though, one has to understand, that there are two types of people.

There are the so called photo-neurologic, anal-retentive quantum setlist demiurges-

And then there are the shamanic Willy mcgillymcknilly free fan free fly your flag freakly boogey-down types that are wringing their torsos to mountains of the moon.

I would venture to say that most respectable heads (you) fall somewhere in the median range, yet for every patrick there is a dustin who just wants to hear someone get off musically, and whose relationship to the experience is purely emotional and goes totally unaltered by such intellectual conundrums as "I heard Morning Dew in November 2011, therefor..."

Not that I don't deeply respect (and find myself utterly compelled by) those of you who hear every practical nuance of an oftentimes chaotic performance, but lets face it, if there weren't people talking loudly over the music, hootin and hollerin and just plain acting without thinking, there would be no scene, there would be no music.

We each need to hold up our own end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Stonedbeetle
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#176573 2 years ago
I think the summer heat is starting to wear everybody down, each day we are alive is special, and each show we are able to see is a gift, and remember we are only visiting here a short while on this great journey called life. It is of course what we make of it.

Peace and Love,

Zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, patchmyfurthur, Nskis
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#176575 2 years ago
patrick, get your butt to red rocks and you will have NOTHING to complain about
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#176576 2 years ago

The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur, bigreddead
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176600 2 years ago
First "Dew" since April? I'd much rather hear the much-rarer "Blues for Allah," which hasn't been played since the fall tour ender in Indy last year.
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds