• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
discordthreads
Fresh Boarder
Once in a while you can get shown the light...

Re: SET LIST Furthur Chicago, Il 7/17

#176618 2 years, 1 month ago
Thought I already posted this question, but the forum must have hiccuped. Anywhere to listen to last nights show?
Check out fabulous upcycled clothing at Discord Threads. Discordthreads.artfire.com
Chester
More or less in line

#176625 2 years, 1 month ago

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, SunshineSue, amusingdeva, patchmyfurthur
Chester
More or less in line

#176634 2 years, 1 month ago
discordthreads wrote:
Thought I already posted this question, but the forum must have hiccuped. Anywhere to listen to last nights show?

Doesn't look like it's up yet. Soon. Probably today.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: discordthreads
discordthreads
Fresh Boarder
Once in a while you can get shown the light...

#176636 2 years, 1 month ago
Thanks! Is it usually posted here, or where is the best place to find it? Listened to the four posted on this thread. Was it just me, or was Throwing Stones a little slower tempo than they used to play it back in the 90s?

Wish I could go to All Good...right in my backyard...
Check out fabulous upcycled clothing at Discord Threads. Discordthreads.artfire.com
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#176681 2 years, 1 month ago
Thanks to Dylan Carney for the beautiful photos! Here are a couple more that Chester didn't post.

Thanks to AJ Mashtay for the poster!

Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, discordthreads
Nskis
Fresh Boarder

#176751 2 years, 1 month ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
It was a truly lovely experience. The day was beautiful, I got to spend quality time with my dad at the Shedd beforehand, and the venue is amazing. Our seats were in row 310 (before we moved to 308), so we got a view of everything. I LOVE their light design for this tour. BOBBY WORE GREEN! That was exciting, because I know everyone's been like "What's up with the blue every night?" Also, Phil has been wearing button down shirts the entire tour, which my dad and some around me were questioning ("why is he wearing long sleeves on a 100ยบ day?"). For the second set, my dad and I saw a couple friends in 308 and we headed their way, where we stayed for the remainder of the show. That was cool as well, since they used to do GD tours with my dad in the 90s and have been family friends since.

I got the Furthur summer classic shirt (I'm not looking at it right now, but it's the blue baseball tee), I LOVE IT! The whole baseball theme, with the GD bears and behind them the scoreboard says "Bob Weir 1, Phil Lesh 1" and they have 2 outs! haha what's gonna happen next?!?! Interesting design. I wanted to purchase the tie dye Furthur shirt, but apparently my mom has a GD dye with a tree design. Love them incorporating the dye into their official merch (did TOO or The Dead do that?).

Charter One Pavilion has amazing sound. I understood every word Phil said during the donor rap- which, by the way, I LOVED he said "and that's it! That's my rap!" hahaha- but the vox were clear and the sound was loud.

OH AND I LOVED SUNSHINE DANCING IN SET 1!!!!! Did anyone see that?!?! She was so fun to watch! Get those moves girl!

Sure, there was some screamers around me, sure they played a lot I have seen them and other bands play before, but like I said- I loved the experience. It was so amazing yesterday! Furthur is really a gift and if/when they come to a close, I will be sad but thankful I have seen them more than any other post-GD band out there. They are truly the best.

My husband bought that tie dye shirt with the tree on it at Bethel - then we noticed it is missing the Philly date from the list of shows on the back...which is a bummer because we were there
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#176770 2 years, 1 month ago
Those pictures make the venue look a lot bigger than it is. Hanging out on that back deck on the astroturf is one of the best places in that house. Usually a nice breeze up there, too.

Not reading good things about Truckin' > Viola Lee Blues > Mountains of the Moon. That's too bad. Viola in Chicago is beyond trite at this point, but I like that grouping. Mountains of the Moon is a song this band can take to other worlds.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176771 2 years, 1 month ago
I posted the two pics that Chester left out in an earlier post as an attachment. I don't know how to get them to embed. Assistance?

I LOVED the Truckin. SWORE it was gonna be Cosmic Charlie. LOVED the Viola. SWORE a Cumberland was comin back hahaha and then I thought "maybe a 90's-style Maggie's Farm". The different ways they did Viola was kinda Phish-like. All the while, I think that Truckin > Viola was the MVP of the 2nd set.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#176856 2 years, 1 month ago
The mountains of the moon was good, it just was terribly difficult to hear Phil. IMO
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#177214 2 years, 1 month ago
DangerousDan wrote:
OMG i feel terrible. I believe i saw Furthur flower, a dude with a strange hat, and older fellow in purple tie dye pictured aboe. It was in the shed parking garage. First I ran down the stares and thought i recongnized furthur flower(i think) then yall walked past me and a few budies chillin by our car. Section 2b. I had a white cutoff dead shirt/stealie and a bandanna. DOH! I knew i should have said something but just wasnt sure. Hope to meet everyone at red rocks. I looked for the flag but no luck today.,,,, Anyways great show. Unvbelieable Throwing stones. Cheers- Dan

Aww Dan that was us. We would have loved if you said hello! Keep in touch and we will for sure meet up with the rest of the family at Red Rocks!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds