• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

Re: SET LIST Furthur Chicago, Il 7/17

#176573 2 years, 2 months ago
I think the summer heat is starting to wear everybody down, each day we are alive is special, and each show we are able to see is a gift, and remember we are only visiting here a short while on this great journey called life. It is of course what we make of it.

Peace and Love,

Zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, patchmyfurthur, Nskis
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#176575 2 years, 2 months ago
patrick, get your butt to red rocks and you will have NOTHING to complain about
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#176576 2 years, 2 months ago

The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur, bigreddead
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176600 2 years, 2 months ago
First "Dew" since April? I'd much rather hear the much-rarer "Blues for Allah," which hasn't been played since the fall tour ender in Indy last year.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176602 2 years, 2 months ago
kevin wrote:
patrick, get your butt to red rocks and you will have NOTHING to complain about

Actually, I'm gonna try to get to the 2nd Greek show
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#176605 2 years, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
First "Dew" since April? I'd much rather hear the much-rarer "Blues for Allah," which hasn't been played since the fall tour ender in Indy last year.

good luck. let me know how that works out for you.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur, McGanahanSkjellyfetti
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#176606 2 years, 2 months ago
yes stop please stop talking through a whole show I agree with lewis I went to a show in atlantic city I had to move because this couple in front of me talked incesse:) ntly through most of the whole 1 st set my GOD save it for later please !!! yikes they werent even looking at the stage !!! we moved and I got my groove back thank god !
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder

#176609 2 years, 2 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Prefacing my review with: I am a spoiled little Deadhead.

1. I have seen all but 3 of the songs before by The Other Ones, The Dead, or Furthur. Those two being "Here Comes Sunshine," "Watchtower," and "Attics."

2. Seeing 90% of the songs I have caught before one time or another (hell, there were a LOT of songs they already did in Chicago the times I saw them LAST NOVEMBER and November 2010) really disappointed me.

5. WHERE WAS MY "ESAU"???????? >.<

By the looks of your avatar perhaps you excelled in school, maybe in math and science/ Maybe you took some physics classes.? If so, build yourself a time machine and go back to April of 1983. You will get your Esau EVERY night of the tour.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176615 2 years, 2 months ago
It was a truly lovely experience. The day was beautiful, I got to spend quality time with my dad at the Shedd beforehand, and the venue is amazing. Our seats were in row 310 (before we moved to 308), so we got a view of everything. I LOVE their light design for this tour. BOBBY WORE GREEN! That was exciting, because I know everyone's been like "What's up with the blue every night?" Also, Phil has been wearing button down shirts the entire tour, which my dad and some around me were questioning ("why is he wearing long sleeves on a 100ยบ day?"). For the second set, my dad and I saw a couple friends in 308 and we headed their way, where we stayed for the remainder of the show. That was cool as well, since they used to do GD tours with my dad in the 90s and have been family friends since.

I got the Furthur summer classic shirt (I'm not looking at it right now, but it's the blue baseball tee), I LOVE IT! The whole baseball theme, with the GD bears and behind them the scoreboard says "Bob Weir 1, Phil Lesh 1" and they have 2 outs! haha what's gonna happen next?!?! Interesting design. I wanted to purchase the tie dye Furthur shirt, but apparently my mom has a GD dye with a tree design. Love them incorporating the dye into their official merch (did TOO or The Dead do that?).

Charter One Pavilion has amazing sound. I understood every word Phil said during the donor rap- which, by the way, I LOVED he said "and that's it! That's my rap!" hahaha- but the vox were clear and the sound was loud.

OH AND I LOVED SUNSHINE DANCING IN SET 1!!!!! Did anyone see that?!?! She was so fun to watch! Get those moves girl!

Sure, there was some screamers around me, sure they played a lot I have seen them and other bands play before, but like I said- I loved the experience. It was so amazing yesterday! Furthur is really a gift and if/when they come to a close, I will be sad but thankful I have seen them more than any other post-GD band out there. They are truly the best.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#176616 2 years, 2 months ago
Furthur's facebook just uploaded some AWESOME shots of the city from the bleachers....I am gonna post two because I am IN THEM!!!! haha aww yay I love it....I'm the one with glasses and buzzed hair, pretty much at the bottom of the first pic and the far right of the 2nd, talking to a woman in pink (family friend).
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds