• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: SET LIST Furthur Chicago, Il 7/17

#176078 2 years, 3 months ago
Chester wrote:
Thanks, That gives some nice perspective. I haven't been to Soldier field since 92.

Nice big GA pit area!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#176084 2 years, 3 months ago
what kind of venueis that? lookslike they play tennis there?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#176090 2 years, 3 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
what kind of venueis that? lookslike they play tennis there?

Charter One Pavilion is erected at the southern end of Northerly Island. From 1948 to 2003 the island was home to the Meigs Field airport. In the middle of the night, without any public notice, Mayor Daley ordered bulldozers to demolish the runway. The Mayor claimed he closed the airport for security reasons and wanted to turn the area into a nature preserve and park. Not too long after, plans were announced for concerts and a concert venue on the island, touching off more controversy.

It is for these reasons that the concert venue at Northerly Island is a temporary structure. At the end of each season it is disassembled and stored for the winter, returning the artificial island to its natural state. This is particularly important in the Spring and Autumn because since the island was built, it has become a popular rest area for migratory birds.

Like it, or hate it, building a temporary concert venue that handles 8,000 people is quite a feat. Even the welcome sign is temporary. The only permanent parts are the pavement, lights, and electrical junctions.

www.chicagoarchitecture.info/Building/13...ter-One-Pavilion.php

Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, Zipster, alilfurther, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#176091 2 years, 3 months ago
very interesting i thought it lokedkinda "boxey " that would explain it the sound guys are goingto have their work cut out for them no bandshell/ampithetere
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#176093 2 years, 3 months ago
Pavement huh? A Futhur show might be just about the only thing that would get me to hang out on BLACKTOP on a 100 degree day. Stay cool and be safe people
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by teafortexas.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#176106 2 years, 3 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
Pavement huh? A Futhur show might be just about the only thing that would get me to hang out on BLACKTOP on a 100 degree day. Stay cool and be safe people

Wow, you're aren't kidding, blacktop on a 100+ degree day is going to be tough. Hopefully, it'll cool off quickly as the sun sets. Still, be careful out there, folks!!!

We're at 100 here in Michigan, on our way to a record 101 or more. Yuck. It's supposed to be "only" about 90 tomorrow, so the show won't be the hottest they've had this tour. But with 60% humidity, we'll still feel it, so dress loose, bring a bandana to wet down and help keep cool with, and it should be better by the second set!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

#176116 2 years, 3 months ago
hallowed ground - site of the 1933 Century of Progress Chicago Worlds Fair & Exposition

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_of_Progress

hey the graf zeppelin showed up for 4 hours or so !

The city added a red star to its flag in 1933 to commemorate the Century of Progress Exposition (it was the fourth of the four stars currently on the city of Chicago flag)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, SunshineSue
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

#176117 2 years, 3 months ago
and the poster is ART DECO magnificience

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chicago_world..._poster,_1933,_2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Mindbender94
Senior Boarder
Transitive Nightfall of Diamonds

#176118 2 years, 3 months ago
Cant wait i know its going to be a killer show
"You can't close the door when the wall's caved in"
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#176120 2 years, 3 months ago
now Sue this is 7PM Chicago time so that would 8Pm for us on the EC tonight right?
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, bow4bass
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds