• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
greenroomosos
Junior Boarder
Posts:35

Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175728 2 years, 3 months ago
So heads, did the boys actually sing some lyrics to the supplication/lightning? I seen conflicting info online. I missed the damn stream! They have played the supplication jam a few times, but always without lyrics. Are we getting closer to the lightning bust out?

Glad yer having fun...... cant wait for the west coast run....

Someone lemme know....... Thx
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
greenroomosos
Junior Boarder
Posts:35

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175733 2 years, 3 months ago
Ya'll are asleep after that hot show........ I know..... Somebody that was there lemme know.....
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder
Posts:777

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175755 2 years, 3 months ago
greenroomosos wrote:
Ya'll are asleep after that hot show........ I know..... Somebody that was there lemme know.....


Well, Supplication has been sung before actually. The March 2011 run at Best Buy they did sing it, 3/13???. But always a nice and rare treat to see this played. Who knows if LL will strike but I'm happy to see Supplication officially on the setlist.
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder
Posts:315

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175763 2 years, 3 months ago
greenroomosos wrote:
So heads, did the boys actually sing some lyrics to the supplication/lightning? I seen conflicting info online. I missed the damn stream! They have played the supplication jam a few times, but always without lyrics. Are we getting closer to the lightning bust out?

Glad yer having fun...... cant wait for the west coast run....

Someone lemme know....... Thx


it was indeed sung...well dizzy aint the word for the way you're making me feel now

BUT, weir flubbed the timing of the first line. which is understandable and forgiveable given the rarity of its performance
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder
Posts:194

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175769 2 years, 3 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
greenroomosos wrote:
So heads, did the boys actually sing some lyrics to the supplication/lightning? I seen conflicting info online. I missed the damn stream! They have played the supplication jam a few times, but always without lyrics. Are we getting closer to the lightning bust out?

Glad yer having fun...... cant wait for the west coast run....

Someone lemme know....... Thx


it was indeed sung...well dizzy aint the word for the way you're making me feel now

BUT, weir flubbed the timing of the first line. which is understandable and forgiveable given the rarity of its performance


to quote Robert Weir 3/20/86-

"and now we're going to prove that practice makes perfect"

said right before the Box of Rain bust out, and following some very flubbed lyrics on Althea
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3389

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175775 2 years, 3 months ago
people are confused because at the end of "Supplication," Bobby throws in some lyrics from "Lazy Lightning."
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7641
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175785 2 years, 3 months ago
No confusion .. They played all of supplication. I don't remember any lyrics from lightning
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Connor
Junior Boarder
Posts:276

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175786 2 years, 3 months ago
The lyrics from LL he's talking about is "My lightning too", which has always been a part of both Lazy Lightning and Supplication.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder
Posts:777

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175798 2 years, 3 months ago
Did anyone see the pics of the weeding that happened at Bethel? Looks like the whole band sans phil was there for the ceremony which happened at Bethel Woods.
Nskis
Fresh Boarder
Posts:8

Re: Bethel SUPPLICATION!?!? WTF?!?!

#175905 2 years, 3 months ago
Did anyone see the guy that walked across the stage during the show?? I saw him walk on the left side, right across the front of the stage to the right side, and off. He never looked up, looked at the band, did a little dance or a smile - nothin. Just walked straight across the stage.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds