• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
fedman41
Fresh Boarder

Re: SETLIST 7/15/12 Bethel, NY

#175944 2 years, 3 months ago
Yep that was me on our way out! Small world...
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#175948 2 years, 3 months ago
fedman41 wrote:
Yep that was me on our way out! Small world...

Please thank your dad for us. Now he's no longer a random guy that sat behind us who was nice enough to let us disturb him during what might have been a magical moment for him too ( not necessarily the proposal, but what if he came to bethel just to hear SOTM, and some jerk in front of him puts him in an awkward position by asking him 2 film 2 strangers). I thought about it afterwards and was hoping that I wasn't imposing. I wouldn't have had to if it wasn't for my buddies terrible timing.
I hope to catch up with you and your dad at another show soon.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#175972 2 years, 3 months ago
Congrats Jared!

And Ilove what a small world we hang out in...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaredlang
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#175976 2 years, 3 months ago
Wow......Congrats. Last night was a perfect night to get engaged.

What a show. What weekend. What band. What a community. I traveled from Seattle to NYC all by myself, yet was never alone for one second. So many great new friends met. Thank you!!!!!

May the forewinds blow you safely home (as I look down and see snow in the Cascade mountains.........I am almost home).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, jaredlang
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#175986 2 years, 3 months ago
Early morning flight tomorrow, off to bed going where those chilly winds don't blow

Some rise, some fall, some fly.....

Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Grateful Dad 1228
Chester
More or less in line

#175989 2 years, 3 months ago
Zipster wrote:
Phil let out a bomb last night that shook the place, it was Supplication into a two line Lazy Lightning finish, and I missed finding the Pace Arrow again twice. Once at Farmer Pauls and again at the show as I was walking towrad the Pace the Security was pushing them backwards, and here is a pic of Tim and Zipster from the lot at Bethel

FurthurSummerTour2012Part2018.JPG

Hey Zipster, I heard what happened with farmer Paul. That sucks. We were there, and he should have let you in.
But the Golden Arrow wasn't in the lot. There was another that looked almost like it, parked in the back. But not
the real "Arrow". Sorry we didn't meet up. Fantastic show.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#175993 2 years, 3 months ago
what happened with farmer paul this time?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
TMax
Senior Boarder

#176017 2 years, 3 months ago
Here's my little Bethel story to add to the collection...

My son and I have been going to shows together since I was pregnant with him (1983). I was supposed to be meeting him in Monticello where we would leave my car and he would drive us in to the show. I needed his help as I just had double knee surgery on Monday. Driving in the rain and struggling through awful traffic, my (hands free!) phone rings. It's my son who says "I can't make it to the concert, I just totaled my car on route 17" (just outside Middletown). Then he hangs up!!! I drive out of cell reception and when I get it back I have a message from him saying he needed me to come get him. He was just being loaded into an ambulance and didn't hang up his phone properly so I could then hear a conversation between him and the EMT about the concert and the fact he was going to miss it! A bit later he called to say he was OK, but that they wanted to run some tests to be sure. His wife was driving in to get him and he told me I should go enjoy the show and text him the songs as they were played. I really debated not going - it felt like too much bad karma going on. But I did decide to go. I had to beg my way into the handicapped parking (offering to show the guy my knees!). Gave my son's ticket to a young man and wandered in to the show in the rain. Travel on crutches is slow, and I missed the opener but could hear Two Djiin as I was walking along. My son has been trying to catch that song since they started playing it! I texted the first set to him with no response. I had a hard time getting in to the music (I was in the very back of the lawn...) as I worried about what was happening at the hospital. Towards the end of the first set I got a text from him cursing that he had missed Two Djiin and saying that he was being released from the hospital. That news and the amazing rainbow was all I needed to clear away the negative energy. Second set rocked! This was the first show ever (I've been to hundreds!) that I wasn't able to dance the night away. It gave me a little different perspective on the music - it certainly seemed more mellow, but after reading this thread, I guess that was just me!

Thanks to the band for doing what they do. They are such a part of my life story! And thanks to all the heads who were very helpful and supportive to the old lady on crutches!

See you on the couch for Chicago....

Tmax
You can't get lost when you're always found...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#176031 2 years, 3 months ago
I was in Pawtucket and then again in Bethel. Such great shows.

Is there anyone else out there like me who really can't make Chicago work but is still thinking about trying to find a way?

Damn, it is sooooooooooooooo tempting.

That I can download the show and stick it on my I-pod softens the blow, but damn, I really want to see these guys and be in that environment again tonight. Sigh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bow4bass
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#176081 2 years, 3 months ago
after such a great show i think the next one would be a let down ofcourse they could prove me wrong but thats what im saying to keep myself happy
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Abba
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds