• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
flyin brian
Junior Boarder
If I Knew The Way, I Would Take You Home

Re: SET LIST 7/14 Brooklyn, NY, MCU Park

#175253 1 year, 9 months ago
The stream I listened to sounded good. The first night was better.
There is a road...No Simple Highway.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#175267 1 year, 9 months ago
not sure wrote:
Furthur, sat. 7/14/12 EAR RAPE!!!
Good effort, poor results. I was next to the SBD, just behind the taper section (only 8 or 9 people had mics set up). It makes me sad to say this was by far the worst furthur show i've been too. The other one.....what the HELL was THAT?? the song, then the show just fell apart. The volume levels were so low it was pathetic. The enegery level in the entire place was at 10%. In the stands, every time i looked people were just standing there. A friend pointed out to me that the only people who were really enjoying this show, were the ones who were very well "seasoned" or very drunk.
After the show bob walked right past me and he looked like he needed rest. 5 min later phil came out, happy as usual but he also looked tired. Maybe it was the heat? naw, it wasnt that hot.
It's just my .02, but furthur seems to have gone as far as they can go and finally came to a dead end.
If you liked this show, kewl. Good for you and i'm glad you had fun.
For the ones who go to shows sauced outa yer heads, i dare you to see a show sober.

Maybe it was you.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#175289 1 year, 9 months ago
bnot sure wrote:
Furthur, sat. 7/14/12 EAR RAPE!!!
Good effort, poor results. I was next to the SBD, just behind the taper section (only 8 or 9 people had mics set up). It makes me sad to say this was by far the worst furthur show i've been too. The other one.....what the HELL was THAT?? the song, then the show just fell apart. The volume levels were so low it was pathetic. The enegery level in the entire place was at 10%. In the stands, every time i looked people were just standing there. A friend pointed out to me that the only people who were really enjoying this show, were the ones who were very well "seasoned" or very drunk.
After the show bob walked right past me and he looked like he needed rest. 5 min later phil came out, happy as usual but he also looked tired. Maybe it was the heat? naw, it wasnt that hot.
It's just my .02, but furthur seems to have gone as far as they can go and finally came to a dead end.
If you liked this show, kewl. Good for you and i'm glad you had fun.
For the ones who go to shows sauced outa yer heads, i dare you to see a show sober.

I saw this show sober as well as many others, and I feel the Coney Island shows were def highlights of this tour so far. I don't think you truly understand the other one based on that comment. its a musical journey into the unknown It can go places it can not go places but the thing your not realizing is its musical exploration at its best.
not sure
Fresh Boarder

#175290 1 year, 9 months ago
Nope, wasn't me. I'm sober:P . Then again maybe you're right and thats the problem. Listen to the tapes. There were 9 people recording the show. By the other one, there was only 7 mic stands. I've never seen a taper pull his mics mid show. Thought i heard someone say "this is such a waste" before they came down. The volume is SOOOooo low you can hear the crowd talking durring ALL the songs and sounds like you're in a bar.
Definatly not their best show. I hope bob's doin alright, he didn't look too happy leaving the show.
Once again i'm glad people enjoyed it, but under the surface, something feels wrong.

I miss jerry
not sure
Fresh Boarder

#175294 1 year, 9 months ago
I understand "the other one" and it's musical journeys, i've been to over 200 shows with jerry. MCU, sat night was lame. just my .02
I've seen a few shows this summer, enegery wise phish wins. Sry if i offend anyone with how i feel, but i know i'm not alone. If furthur was THAT good, and MCU was a tour high, then how come not a single show has sold out?
I'm glad you had fun. I'm pointing out the obvious. WHen a band member walks out of a show looking ill and sad, that says volumes. I suggest people go see some other bands besides furthur, cause if furthur is all you have, then you got nothing. And thats a garcia quote about the grateful dead, i just substiuted GD with furthur.
Thanks for reading. If i offended you, i am sorry.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#175319 1 year, 9 months ago
I listened to the repeat of the second set stream when I got home last night. The band sounded fine to me.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#175447 1 year, 9 months ago
not sure wrote:
I miss jerry
I miss that real flat taffy with a white strip down the middle that was in wax paper and that sold for ten cents.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by ZenoMarx.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds