• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder

Re: SET LIST 7/13 Brooklyn, NY: MCU Park!!!

#174528 2 years, 1 month ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Tonight the action takes place on the Brooklyn side of this bridge!

Nice photo. Funny though, it was taken on the Manhattan side even though you indicated Furthur was playing on the Brooklyn side of the bridge.

BTW, any of you out of towners looking for something to do today pre show, take a walk across the Brooklyn bridge. There's some awesome views, and it's free!!! And don't any of you intrepid travelers have any reservations about riding the subway.

A great guide for getting around is hopstop.com
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#174530 2 years, 1 month ago
Sustainabill you rock bro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

#174535 2 years, 1 month ago
id like to know what raper rob used to broadcast that show last night . . perhaps some real mics, fed into a tablet perhaps running the ustream app ?

if that was a cell phone, well ill be picking one up today

t
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#174537 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you, Sustainabill... the

bethel_lorax_2012-07-14.jpg

was amazing!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#174539 2 years, 1 month ago
We had a nice time and Im thrilled everyone loved the show, unfortunately we thought it was a bit of a clunker, but sometimes its just how you're feeling and what the show is aren't right on track. Hey Pocky Way opener was good, i thought the Pawtucket version was better and since I was there for that one, i didnt expect another so soon. Greatest Story and Crazy Fingers were excellent and started getting me there. I agree that the pace of Thin Man was a bit slow for me, and took some wind out of my sails a bit. Im not really a late era guy, so Built to Last was fun and solidly played but not pumped for it. Another Let it Ride, i certainly did not need another one after Pawtucket. Ok song but i really wanted a rocker to get me going. Which they then delivered with Jack Straw. Theybripped it like always, but i still thought the Pawtucket one was better. Still very happy and danced like mad to close out the set.

Was expecting a fast paced scorching second set after a slower first. It went the opposite way. Very intense playing but i felt like the tempo of the set and songs was very off. The Scarlet>fire was great, thevtransition seemed a bit forced but I was happy as could be. Then we got Weather>let it grow. Strong singing especially on the Let it Grow I thought, very moving. Still i thought the placement was odd after Scarlet>fire. Then a big ole Dark Star. Very melty and awesome. Will relisten asap. Still added to the anxious waiting feeling i had all night, like ok here we go. I guess my heart was just set on a big rockin party show, as opposed toa real mindbender. Then Unbroken Chain. I could not believe it was another slower song. The jam was pretty good though. Again had that here we go feeling, to getva Death DHNMercy. Beautiful rendition, but i was getting sleepy. Just combo of too many drinks, bowls and slow tunes. The Not Fade Away closer was great, seemed short but had the usual loving sing/clap along that i love so much. Ripple was beautiful. Lovely way to end the show.

The fireworks were great in the second set. Hard to remember which songs they were during. Everyone was in a great mood and lots of love everywhere. Great to spend a few minutes with the FFF crew before the show. The 2hr ride home felt like 5. We have a wedding tonight and we are psyched for Bethel! Hope to find the flag again and have a great time. For all going tonight, have an amazing time. M glad you got a TR stream, awesome!
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#174540 2 years, 1 month ago
TMax wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Thanks Sugaree!

IMG_8270_2012-07-13.jpg

imagejpeg_2_4_2012-07-13.jpg

Hey, where's all the women????

My lady Rosie is taking the pictures!
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#174543 2 years, 1 month ago
McGanahanSkjellyfetti wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
Tonight the action takes place on the Brooklyn side of this bridge!

Nice photo. Funny though, it was taken on the Manhattan side even though you indicated Furthur was playing on the Brooklyn side of the bridge.

That's right. I hope that I did not cause any confusion. The view is looking from Manhattan to the Brooklyn side of the bridge.
Thank You Jerry
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#174559 2 years, 1 month ago
While it was not a bad show it was a little lame at times especially during the first set. Maybe the gloomy weather affected my mood and judgement though.

It may be clearer weather with hazy sunshine tonight.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#174593 2 years, 1 month ago
Cooper wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
St. Stephen would have fit nice.

Cooper find out for us!!!!!

WHAT a show - many peoples best so far on tour. Just smoking! The set list was really different. 1/2 of the lists on stage showed New Potato (not Unbroken). It was changed at set break. The time ran out again, and Phil told Bob after the GREAT Death dont have No Mercy (Bob ON FIRE!) straight into NFA, and Bob acknowledged immediately as if he knew. The song on the set list was New Speedway Boogie.

I got great PICTURES - and both Phil and Bob had a BLAST tonight. Jeff C played some Miles Davis on Dark Star! Over all a show that is worth the soundboard listen by ALL!!

Any show that opens with HEY POCKEY WAY - and closes with a great NEW version of the classic NFA, gets a 10 MUST HEAR in my book!!

Cheers,

Cooper

I knew you would come through for us again!!! Thanks!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#174597 2 years, 1 month ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Island Head.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#174598 2 years, 1 month ago
Some second set videos

DarkEyes
Junior Boarder

#174601 2 years, 1 month ago
Last night was awesome. The second set cooked. Went to Peggy O'Neills next to MCU after show for WigJam. Sunshine sang with the band - did a killer Shakedown!!! Got to chat with JK. He is a wonderful warm person. So proud to be a fan of this band!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold, Island Head
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds