• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Setlist-Furthur-7/11/12-Cary, NC

#173347 1 year, 12 months ago
We were dead center pit, right behind rail. Call it row 2 I guess. My weird shit-o-meter was going off the charts tonight. Fantastic show. There was a lot of douchebagery going on in front. Fights and crashers. Crazy shit. Didn't detract from what was going on on stage. Never had such a good time lol. Cool weather again. Thank you lord!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, lightchaser
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#173349 1 year, 12 months ago
Chester wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
amusingdeva wrote:
Was that just 8 songs in 2nd set or does the Playin' into Playin' Reprise count as 2?

or did I miss something? Someone check the set list on the 1st post please

There was not really any Playin' (reprise). It was just Playing in the Band going in several musical dimensions and directions. Grateful Dead did this many times. I believe that there's a 26 minute Playing out there. I'll check to see if I have it.

There's a 28 minute Playin' out there! 5/13/73, DesMoines. Clocks in at 28:56
They played a few longer, but two of the best Playin's are:
72-11-15.sbd.miller.110631.flac16 (31:41)
74-10-16 The Movie 5CD box set (32+)
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#173351 1 year, 12 months ago
The setlist looks very interesting. Can't wait to check this out.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#173353 1 year, 12 months ago
I give Bobby the mvp of the night...i was hoping for a Dew following foolish heart.....then Bobby the man sung Days Between beautiful.
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by brokenarrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#173357 1 year, 12 months ago
That 5/21/74 PITB was amazing. clocks in at 46:26. Although, an argument could be made that it wasn't PITB for a long time,
in the middle part there. Wow, really exploratory, but well done. If you've got the better part of an hour, check it out.
archive.org/details/gd74-05-21.sbd-patch...ier.22801.sbeok.shnf
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Nskis
Fresh Boarder

#173360 1 year, 12 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
On a good note, I haven't had a single commercial tonight. Did anyone else, or do I finally have Ad Blocker working right?

I had ads like crazy last night...it freaks me out when all of a sudden outta no where...BAM! There they are! Talking REALLY LOUD and interupting my jam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#173368 1 year, 12 months ago
Good times last night for sure > So good to finally meet Strider, ScarFire, Doin That Rag, and a couple other good souls whoose names/handles I can't recall through the fog.

I was glad to find out that the 5pm gate and no vending message from the venue was not enforced. Rolled up early enough to meet some other smiling faces and soak up the atmosphere. A damp lead-up to the show did not dampen the spirit > folks were rarin to go. As seems to happen quite often lately, if I wear full reaingear into a show, the rain stops right after I enter and does not return. Such was the case here as you all know Security was appropriately apathetic to the going's-on inside the show > A smokefest as far as I could see and smell!

I could ramble on about each song but the 1st set highlights were DTR, West LA, 1/2 Step, and R on R. Very tight jamming throughout. A little crammy up front with a strange vibe. It wasn't negative I just think there were quite a few people that were way past gone

That Playin was the freaking energizer bunny. It kept going...and going....and changing....and going. I was turned inside out by this one > serious exploration! Acidic Jazz all the way around. I started to hear some China Doll riffs but the band picked it up a bit via the Midnight Hour with some good bounce. The HC Sunshine was very good and started to take on the same exploratory vibe of Playin as it developed > more confusion. As HCS began to melt away, there were unmistaken hints of Low Spark that kept coming and going until Mountains appeared on the horizon - head swimming.

A grand UJB filled the air to my delight and it did not disappoint. While Mo More Do I doesn't quite do it for me, I was impressed with JK's passion and urgency here. Foolish Heart was looking like the highlight for me until Bobby broke into the Days Between. Bobby stole the freaking show with this one! AWESOME vocals and just dripping with emotion > SPELLBINDING! Box was perfect. Such a long, long time to be gone....and a short time to be THERE! So true.

Other than a couple doods looking like they were coming to blows on Shakedown the knucklehead factor after the show was within normal tolerance.

So good to meet some of you here....hope to see you again down the road!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by teafortexas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, lightchaser
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#173439 1 year, 12 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, wlewis, scar1et_f1re, lightchaser, amusingdeva, teafortexas, bow4bass
bow4bass
Junior Boarder

#173455 1 year, 12 months ago
two versions up now from Cary!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#173467 1 year, 12 months ago
Nskis wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
On a good note, I haven't had a single commercial tonight. Did anyone else, or do I finally have Ad Blocker working right?

I had ads like crazy last night...it freaks me out when all of a sudden outta no where...BAM! There they are! Talking REALLY LOUD and interupting my jam!

Me too, hate those things!! If you're using Firefox (Mozilla), give "Updated Ad Blocker" a try. I could never get the "Ad Blocker Plus" add on to work right in Firefox, but the "Updated" one seemed to work great, and took about 10 seconds to install. It's great!!

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/u...ad-blocker-for-fire/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nskis
Franklinberger
Junior Boarder
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,

#173476 1 year, 12 months ago
All praise archive.org. All praise the tapers (this is me bowing).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis, amusingdeva
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#173491 1 year, 12 months ago
Goes to show U don't ever know.............. all reviews seem to be glowing of last night again demonstrating its not what they play its how they are playing. On paper thats pretty much a nightmare setlist for me.....BUT I had a similar experience with Days Between with Ratdog a few years back at PNC....another show that on paper looks atrocious.....but was an awesome show. Gonna give this one a listen this evening. That said the table is set for a MASSIVE brooklyn weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, amusingdeva
Time to create page: 4.61 seconds