• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: SET LIST 7/7 PHILadelphia!!

#171369 2 years ago
Alright! Awesome!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#171370 2 years ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Might need an intro on a couple of these folks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#171372 2 years ago
IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill, kevin
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#171374 2 years ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

Left to Right: Dr.Bakes, doingthatrag, wlewis, ScarletFire,equinox, tmglf2. Island girl, stricken, 66slim, Justin, furthurflower67, ibesublime, strider

Sorry ill explain better later date.

Lots of crazy energies in the air technology was not working heat fried everything! But a killer show! On to tomorrow..
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Sustainabill
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#171375 2 years ago
Those are all wonderful pictures!! What a gathering!!!

flagmann.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, irishqueenie, Sustainabill
Chester
More or less in line

#171377 2 years ago
wlewis 101st show.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#171391 2 years ago
Wow, what a great setlist!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#171397 2 years ago
I went right by The Golden Arrow with the cali plates and didn't even know it was you all. I thought, boy these folks are a big deal. But no one was around. If the flag was up, I missed it.

Saw you boarding at the end of the night. You looked like the group from Cuckoos Nest that had been out on a field trip.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#171399 2 years ago
Sorry for your stream difficulties, but I'm not surprised it was difficult for us to communicate in the building with our Dead Spun Spawn.

I'll start with climate: It was steamy until about 5:30 when it got overcast and the breeze picked up. Show started at 7:30 and at about 7 dark clouds started rolling in and there was wild lightening (I'm thinking if they don't play Lazy Lightening today we'll never get it. But they did get a lightening song in there at the end) and wind for about 15/20 minutes. Which cooled things down a bit, but no rain. The Mann was prepared this time. No problems getting in at all. Although we were among the first rush.

First set just blistered. Trucking opener, what can you say. I heard Cold Rain teases and the Bird Song somebody mentioned, so when it rolled out it was fun to be surprised (although CRS would have been just fine too). Nobody's Fault was a good follow because it has that Smokestack feel to it. Then the FIRE ... which I was hoping for because it didn't follow Scarlet on Friday. It was just what you want, thick and chunky but creamy too. A nice Cassady, Weir just doesn't disappoint me with this song. On Temp and in tune and into Peggy-Ohhhhhh. Although it was not immediately recognizable to me.

Then the Jed, which honestly was one of many highlights, which you don't really expect with a Jed, but the crowd loved it and gave the band an ovation, which gave them a pause before launching into Esau. I loved it and so did lots of others. Then the Deal, which is always a money in the bank closer.

Of course me and Homey J (my wife)were drenched after the first set and the second set didn't let up with a scorching China>Rider to open. Reminiscent in its energy to 2010 Mann. Props to Jeff P. for strong lead in the harmonies leading an 8,000 folk sing-a-long.

The spacey jazz jam was a surprise after that jumping start, but honestly I don't think any of us could have kept up the pace with the heat. Joe Russo was a monster in the space and Caution Jam between Dark Star. His trio chops coming out with strong support from Jeff C. Gypsy woman was another highlight with JK and Bobby playing so hard and tight together into the St. Stephen which I thought was heavily teased in the spaceyjazzjam. One issue, JK was in a zone going Furthur and Bobby gave everyone the abort signal. It all crumbled but then it built back nicely into.......

..... Unbroken Chain...missed the breakout by a day in Philly in 1995 so they owed that one to me for a long time. I loved it, but was struck by the dissonance of Chementi.Purely intentional and it worked as everything reassembled and fell into Prudence. Which if there was a clunker for me this was it. Just because Weir insists on singing and playing at a slow tempo (don't mess with the classics dude!) once it got to the JK/JC part everything good and Jeff and Sunshine save the vocals. All was well when a sweet Wheel (there's the lightening) followed which I had also heard teases of in the spacejam.

Homey J was hearing GDTRFB all night and yep there it was. Boy did she boogie during that. It was fun to watch her blissed out like the girl I fell in love with 25 years ago. Couldn't have ended any better with WBYGN great version JKs lyrics a bit garbled but the emotion in the voice was unmistakeable. That was church bitches.

OMSN. somebody got it right when they wrote about the tie-dye shirt and cargo pants wearing folks heading to the gates while the kids (an old folks) in the hall shake their bones ... it was fun fun fun especially with the Bobby scream.....Those bones are achy today and my face hurts from grinning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , Sustainabill, SunshineSue
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#171401 2 years ago
Copy of show on archive.org archive.org/details/furthur2012-07-07
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kevin, Terrapin Sedation
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#171422 2 years ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Sorry for your stream difficulties, but I'm not surprised it was difficult for us to communicate in the building with our Dead Spun Spawn.

I'll start with climate: It was steamy until about 5:30 when it got overcast and the breeze picked up. Show started at 7:30 and at about 7 dark clouds started rolling in and there was wild lightening (I'm thinking if they don't play Lazy Lightening today we'll never get it. But they did get a lightening song in there at the end) and wind for about 15/20 minutes. Which cooled things down a bit, but no rain. The Mann was prepared this time. No problems getting in at all. Although we were among the first rush.

First set just blistered. Trucking opener, what can you say. I heard Cold Rain teases and the Bird Song somebody mentioned, so when it rolled out it was fun to be surprised (although CRS would have been just fine too). Nobody's Fault was a good follow because it has that Smokestack feel to it. Then the FIRE ... which I was hoping for because it didn't follow Scarlet on Friday. It was just what you want, thick and chunky but creamy too. A nice Cassady, Weir just doesn't disappoint me with this song. On Temp and in tune and into Peggy-Ohhhhhh. Although it was not immediately recognizable to me.

Then the Jed, which honestly was one of many highlights, which you don't really expect with a Jed, but the crowd loved it and gave the band an ovation, which gave them a pause before launching into Esau. I loved it and so did lots of others. Then the Deal, which is always a money in the bank closer.

Of course me and Homey J (my wife)were drenched after the first set and the second set didn't let up with a scorching China>Rider to open. Reminiscent in its energy to 2010 Mann. Props to Jeff P. for strong lead in the harmonies leading an 8,000 folk sing-a-long.

The spacey jazz jam was a surprise after that jumping start, but honestly I don't think any of us could have kept up the pace with the heat. Joe Russo was a monster in the space and Caution Jam between Dark Star. His trio chops coming out with strong support from Jeff C. Gypsy woman was another highlight with JK and Bobby playing so hard and tight together into the St. Stephen which I thought was heavily teased in the spaceyjazzjam. One issue, JK was in a zone going Furthur and Bobby gave everyone the abort signal. It all crumbled but then it built back nicely into.......

..... Unbroken Chain...missed the breakout by a day in Philly in 1995 so they owed that one to me for a long time. I loved it, but was struck by the dissonance of Chementi.Purely intentional and it worked as everything reassembled and fell into Prudence. Which if there was a clunker for me this was it. Just because Weir insists on singing and playing at a slow tempo (don't mess with the classics dude!) once it got to the JK/JC part everything good and Jeff and Sunshine save the vocals. All was well when a sweet Wheel (there's the lightening) followed which I had also heard teases of in the spacejam.

Homey J was hearing GDTRFB all night and yep there it was. Boy did she boogie during that. It was fun to watch her blissed out like the girl I fell in love with 25 years ago. Couldn't have ended any better with WBYGN great version JKs lyrics a bit garbled but the emotion in the voice was unmistakeable. That was church bitches.

OMSN. somebody got it right when they wrote about the tie-dye shirt and cargo pants wearing folks heading to the gates while the kids (an old folks) in the hall shake their bones ... it was fun fun fun especially with the Bobby scream.....Those bones are achy today and my face hurts from grinning.

i'd like to thank you for writing my review for me...couldn't agree more

i'll add: picked up my buddy in nolibs and cruised up girard->lansdowne, past the please touch museum and a few family reunions in the park and right into the parking area...i love hanging out here due to the trees and park-like setting...lot was chill if you were just hanging out, but L & I was cracking down on the unauthorized sale of anything (food, drink, wares, gas)

weather was MUCH better than last year...feel bad for anyone that bailed due to weather because it was totally manageable, both in the afternoon and especially with the aforementioned pre-show cool breeze

security was MUCH better behaved this year it made for an infinitely better experience, both on the way in and during the show

the band's energy was relentless pretty much throughout the night and the crowd was very energetic and responsive...the sound in the shed (we were orc B, LC, row e) was fairly dialed, and i was stoked to hear phil well represented in the mix and out front and leading a lot of the music...2nd set was wayyyy out there...they really got me where i itch with the exploratory stuff, which i thought was both sufficiently out there and purposeful, a musical high-wire act

great night in the park...thank you weir, lesh and furthur...as always a pleasure and a privilege
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#171465 2 years ago
Fantastic show. Played to most of my weaknesses in terms of setlist choices and deep space jams. I'm not going to compare it to other Furthur shows -- too early in the tour. But in terms of the music I've been generally seeing this summer, that has to be the best.

And needless to say, it was so great to finally meet so many people from this board
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds