• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
StevietRI
Fresh Boarder

Last night!!

#170330 2 years, 3 months ago
It had been awhile since I'd seen such an intimate gathering of friends and family, all while a handful of personal heroes are jamming away, intertwined in chaotic harmony. Some great moments.....
I think Phil was ON POINT all night long. He was jazzy, funky, syncopated, and soulful, grinning all night long while those "fingers of steel" painted the fretboard like a dizzy spider.
Black-Throat Wind and Casey Jones were highlights of the first set, but let me just say that this 2nd set was absolutely magnificent!!
Golden Road!!?? had us rocking.....nothing ever properly prepares the mind for being cryptically enveloped, and that was it for the Other One.....couldn't believe my ears, how tight and spacey and MELDED the music was. Phil and the bass drum were slamming the whole crowd around, doing that funky shuffle like no other band ever did......Dear Mr Fantasy was a perfectly timed selection, beautiful and heartfelt, Playing in the band kept the circus going, everyone on the virtual merry-go-round, and no stone was cast......by the time HEY POCKY WAY emerged, this place was GROOVING! Sugar Magnolia was the perfect peak to an unbelievable set.....drawn out, tripped out, raging and rocking.
Could they possibly have more in the tank? Was that really a 10+ minute UJB??!!?? I left beaming, speechless, and utterly satisfied.
Thanks, boys, for keeping the dream alive.

The bus came by, and I got on, that's when it all began..........
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, amusingdeva
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Last night!!

#170335 2 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for the great review, Stevie! It sounded wonderful on the stream as well.

Welcome to the Forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: StevietRI
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: Last night!!

#170347 2 years, 3 months ago
I agree totally. I thought the second set was awesome. The jamming was fresh and creative, the crowd was in synch and the sound was excellent. Great show...
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds