• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: roger waters--the wall---2012-06-21

#165961 2 years, 1 month ago
what are you shocked about denver man, i am a little confused there?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#165982 2 years, 1 month ago
I am well versed in the music , just never saw 60 million worth of stage production

And never paid 260.00 for a ticket

But over all glad to see The Wall in its entirety. Do you really think that we missed that chapter
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#165984 2 years, 1 month ago
A buddy and I (and I know it will never happen again at the Gund Arena in Cleveland, cause I think security should be tighter now) basically walked up to the scaffolding last year for the Wall. Catwalk I mean, the one that runs the length of the ceiling of Gund Arena and watched the entire second set from up above. When the encore was over, several members of the security team asked what we were doing up there and I told them we got lost. Luckily, we were a little drunk so they believed us. They took us in a private elevator down to the ground floor and by the time we got there, I was scared we were going to be arrested, but I started joking with them and by the time the doors opened, everything was cool.
You should see how fast those roadies work backstage. They had to be exhausted.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#166070 2 years, 1 month ago
a buddy of mine caught this show in London. With Gilmour on CN.

'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by newyawker.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#166192 2 years, 1 month ago
it was like we were at some protest or rally or something. this show really had me thinking, re-thinking, concluding, confusing, you name it. brings a lot of things to your attention in the world and with society. and the music. seeing this did way more for me than any cd with original group has. i developed a newfound different type of respect for their songwriting. might not be that way for everybody.

i don't have much else right now, i'm still soaking it in and processing it all. i would definitely see it again, and i'm really glad i was able to be there tonight.[/quote]

Burt, thank you for your thoughts, your review took me back to when I was lucky enough to see P.F.(sans Roger) in Oakland back in 94. You got Me thinking about trying to get a ticket now. So much good music around these days though and I think I'd rather boogie to some Furthur or maybe Tedeschi/Trucks with BBKing. Decisions!

Here's a shot in the dark-If anyone knows how or where to get a copy of that montage/movie that played on the circular screen for the division bell tour-please I would love love to be able to see that again.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#166199 2 years, 1 month ago
fourwnds wrote:

Here's a shot in the dark-If anyone knows how or where to get a copy of that montage/movie that played on the circular screen for the division bell tour-please I would love love to be able to see that again.

Takin' it in stride!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#166227 2 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
what are you shocked about denver man, i am a little confused there?

That you are just now getting into PF. Or maybe I read your post wrong. No biggie man, just giving you a hard time is all..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#166457 2 years, 1 month ago
Strider, thank you that certainly brought back some of what I felt that night. That movie was something else as was the giant disco ball that morphed into a mushroom, the . . I could go on and on, mother nature got in on it too with the moon overhead. I couldn't see as much of the movie as it's obviously an official release but for tonight that was enough.

Capt.Tony Second set from the rafters r u f'n kiddn me. I thought I was lucky to just be in the building. Well done sir, right place right time.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#166497 2 years, 1 month ago
I have seen Waters every tour and Gilmour (Post Rodger Floyd) every tour since 1986/7. I wrote reviews for every show on Davids last "Island" tour and saw Dark Side with Waters 4 times and the Wall 2 times.

The theatrics of the Wall are incredible.

But dont pay too close attention to Rodger from the front row - you witness he is not singing over 25% of the time on this Wall tour. It is like going to watch a over $100 dollar movie. All scripted, over priced, and sell out. I hope Rodger gets back to the music of Pink Floyd soon! (Animals is my favorite album)
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#166514 2 years, 1 month ago
Glad you enjoyed it man, Floyd was very big for me in my teen years, mid-90's. We were dropping a lot of lucy and going to the Floyd soundtracked laser light shows in Miami every few weeks. As a 15-16yr oild, I thought I found the coolest shit ever! lol I skipped the last few tours cuz imo, once you've seen the whole production it never gets better. But man is it an experience. Completely different than the GD for me, gets my brain worked up for days.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds