• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: WRG 5/30 Ryman

#161131 2 years, 4 months ago
Out of curiosity, how long have there shows been? Same as or shorter than a Furthur show?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#161162 2 years, 4 months ago
Would have loved to hear ripple encore at KC! I think the show was around three hours or so, hard to remember exactly. A friend of mine just burned me a CD of the KC show so i can check it later for total time.
And leave it on!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#161164 2 years, 4 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Out of curiosity, how long have there shows been? Same as or shorter than a Furthur show?

The first sets have been well over an hour. and the second sets are just about an hour maybe a lil less. I'd say you are getting at least a 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 hours of music at the show.

As far as the set list not changing up very much...I agree but the way they are presenting the songs seems to be a bit different. In KC I got Easy to Slip as a Bobby solo song and last night in Nashville they played it as a TRIO. And I'm sure you will get at least one break out each night in colorful colorado!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#161180 2 years, 4 months ago
thebends wrote:
any cool tshirts?

Yes !! I can take pics and post them later this evening. Still not sure who the artist was for the posters....so if someone can help me out there...
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#161182 2 years, 4 months ago
What a treat this show was! I passed on my hometown show (A'ville) for the Ryman. Having seen a few artists there, I know how the venue inhabits the musicians. Always awestruck they are!

My quick take is that Jackie is total rockstar, Chris needs some coffee, and Bobby holds his own effortlessly. Their individual bits certainly revealed the veteran from the pups. Bobby, enamored by the stellar acoustics, says "I may be biting off more than I can chew with this next one," before launching into "Days Between." Midway through the tune, I realized I'd been sitting mouth open all slack-jawed & trance-like; there were several moments where it was absolute pure pin-drop silence. Strong vocals, near-perfect playing and dynamics; it was to be my highlight of the evening.

Bobby clearly led the trio, but Jackie and Chris have such amazing voices he'd get kinda overshadowed when they would trade verses. But damn can the three of them harmonize! The "Dark Star" with two acoustics & a banjo was really trippy and jammy, and tickled me to no end that it was taking place in the Ryman! As others have mentioned, the 2nd set was stellar, and the "Ripple" encore left us all truly joyful!

The show felt kinda short, to me, but I really had no clue of the time anyway. Maybe I just wanted more. Okay, no maybe about it!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, kevin, FurthurFlower67, Strider1, patchmyfurthur
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#161228 2 years, 4 months ago
^^^

"Chris needs some coffee" I about spit out my soda when I read that! Oh and don't worry it was only a 12 oz soda hahahaha
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#161405 2 years, 4 months ago

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, bokb, kevin
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#161524 2 years, 4 months ago
From Wakarusa 5/31
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#161590 2 years, 4 months ago
Some idiot in the back screamed for "St. Stephen" before the last verse of "Days."

Fools.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds