• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

WRG Asheville 5/29

#160952 2 years, 4 months ago
went to see the new trio in asheville last night it was a good time. bobby was on point with vocals and playing, he looked very comfortable and confident up there. they came out together bertha opener, then wake up little suzie. some tunes im not including troughout because i have forgotten or their jackie and robinson songs that i dont know the name. they each did two solo songs. bobby played artificial flowers and corrina. the corrina was awesome the best of the solo stuff by anyone. they came back together and closed out the set with candyman. short set break and then they came out and played deep river blues, a doc watson tune he died yesterday, so it was fitting to be in the carolina hills to hear this tribute. then aiko aiko, west la fadeway, a beautiful bird song, and a jammin china rider with jackie on banjo. us blues encore. from bird song to us blues was the highlight and they were cooking with gas. didnt think chris brought much to the music, even though he is a better singer than jackie, but jackie carried the show instrumentally except the moments when bobby decided to cut it loose.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by sweetwilliamisdead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, wlewis, ecojaded, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: WRG Asheville 5/29

#160957 2 years, 4 months ago
I hope they change up the setlists for the 3 CO shows...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#161047 2 years, 4 months ago
Leaves you wanting more doesn't it??

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#161159 2 years, 4 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I hope they change up the setlists for the 3 CO shows...

you will take what you get

3 nights in a row
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#161166 2 years, 4 months ago
heres full setlist, finally found it

Set I: Bertha, Wake Up Little Susie, Ain’t Broke but I’m Badly Bent, Candyman, Deep Elem, I Don’t Live in a Dream*, Gone Wanderin’*, Do Right Woman^, Sunday Sound^, Artificial Flowers$, Corrina$, Tennessee Jed

Set II: Deep River Blues^^, Iko Iko, Goin’ to Alcapulco, West L.A. Fadeaway, Bird Song, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider
E: U.S. Blues

*Jackie Greene solo
^Chris Robinson solo
$Bob Weir Solo
^^Dedicated to Doc Watson
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#161169 2 years, 4 months ago

That looks like a sweet show

Can't wait for those SBD's ! BTW you did happen to notice any tapers did you? If yes...did it seem like they crowd was chatty?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but am curious. Also I am glad that you made it to the show !
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#161175 2 years, 4 months ago
i didnt notice any tapers but i was up towards the front so they could have been around. I didnt have any problem with crowd chatter really, everybody was for the most part focused on the band. but a guy behind me did feel the need to not sing but scream every line of i know you rider. probably wont be a chatter issue with recordings because the place was only like half full anyway
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#161810 2 years, 4 months ago
Mountain Express Review of Weir, Robinson and Greene acoustic trio

By John Zara

An intimate crowd braved sporadic thunderstorms to catch an acoustic supergroup of sorts. Each musician has earned plenty of kudos with their respective bands. Bob Weir (Grateful Dead, RatDog, The Other Ones) Chris Robinson (Black Crowes, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Chris Robinson & The New Earth Mud) and Jackie Greene (Phil Lesh & Friends, Trigger Hippy) made up the (appropriately named) Weir, Robinson, Greene Acoustic Trio. The three kept true to their moniker, playing only acoustic guitars, though there was a small helping of banjo on select tunes, courtesy of Jackie Greene. There was no opener. There was no Wall of Sound. It was evident from the jump that this was going to be an exemplary showing of acoustic singer/songwriters. The energy in the room was anxious as the trio took the stage. Weir delighted the crowd with big swooping guitar stokes during the opening, "Berth." Grateful Dead songs were abundant, including a version of "Candyman" that faded nicely into the traditional "Deep Elem Blues." By this time everyone was out of their seat, belting out the chorus as if they were auditioning for lead singer.

The set settled, as did the crowd, once Jackie Greene took quietly to the stage for a couple of solo numbers. Chris Robinson and Bob Weir would each follow with their own two-song, acoustic set. Robinson played to the audience with his greeting, "Hello, hill people." "Sunday Song" drew cheers as Robinson sang, "Hallucination nation; We got our vaccine / dancing for quarters / ain't as underground as it seems / just like water on the ground /we will find our way." Weir would keep the pace with a relatively obscure, "roadie-requested" Bobby Darin tune, "Artificial Flowers." To the joy of the audience, a slowed-down rendition of "Corrina" was followed by a singalong "Tennessee Jed."

Somber news accompanied set break, as Weir announced the passing of the Appalachian music legend and North Carolina native Doc Watson. Weir would dedicate the next song to Doc, "Deep River Blues."

The crowd left the venue abuzz. A handful of Grateful Dead songs would close the show out, seemingly giving the audience exactly what they had come for — and more.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds