• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Weir, Robinson, & Greene Trio Kansas City, MO 5/26

#160602 1 year, 10 months ago
KC WRG was an amazing great time ! Seeing some FFF around the flag meeting new folks and seeing what felt like old friends ( how old is the flag?)

The show was great, venue was real chill not to crowed easy to move around. It was a fenced it couple blocks downtown that butted up to a few bars with a stage at one end and cool grassy flowing out into a really chill backyard party type of layout felt real fitting for the trio.

Music was stellar for me, loved every second of it, but for me having the three acoustic in a hot summer night in The "deep south" is like a dream come true . They played together and also did a quick solo rotation that I thought was very cool as I was unable to see Acosto-Bob out east, so it was like a taste of what I missed . Highlights- walking into the place ! Standing front and center for a few...FOTD was really well done and the acoustic dark star was really cool they did it well. Jackie Green's dont let the devil take you mind left me in awe, Bob KC moan, then the trio new speed way to end the first set was perfect. Loser is a personal favorite loved that "sweet" version.GTRFB and then the encore weight was remarkable. I was standing towards the back of everything for that one taking some mental photo shots and they starting playing it was really remarkable with the flag waving out in the middle of the crowd with the stage in the backdrop really cool.

Special thank you to the amazingly gracious hosting FFF Strider and Wunderland and Roxy truly remarkable thank you, also great meeting/ seeing everyone from St Louis ... Ossumpi great to finally meet you Bud chili was ossum! and FF 67 great seeing you again as well as deadonarivet thanks so much for the pins real nice! Local KC folks/ friends of striders real kind... KC BBQ, sound hands ... Guy that showed me the free bottles of water... Everyone truly awesome week end thanks.

If you get a chance to see the WRG don't miss it, it is a great line up!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by ecojaded. Reason: More music thoughts:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67, Island Head, Strider1, Wundurland
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#160692 1 year, 10 months ago

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#160694 1 year, 10 months ago
I was standing by Emily for most of the show and that one lady and her group talked the entire time. At one point it almost got into a shouting match between them and someone telling them to shut up. They did not shut up, and for the rest of the show kept making snide comments about the lady who yelled at them. Some people! I managed to overlook it and still enjoy the show but they obviously were not into the music, just lookin to party. It was great meeting some of the FFF and look forward to meeting more this summer. Strider and Wunderland were very friendly and gracious. Loved the flag. Loved the venue. Loved the music. Thanks furthurflower67 for meeting up with us. Wish we could have went to the after party but circumstances didn't allow. See you at Philly!!!

p.s. I am the one on strider's right in the flag group picture and my beautiful wife Islandgirl77 is in the blue dress beside me.
And leave it on!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1, Wundurland
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#160713 1 year, 10 months ago
UJB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#160717 1 year, 10 months ago
66slim wrote:
I was standing by Emily for most of the show and that one lady and her group talked the entire time. At one point it almost got into a shouting match between them and someone telling them to shut up. They did not shut up, and for the rest of the show kept making snide comments about the lady who yelled at them. Some people! I managed to overlook it and still enjoy the show but they obviously were not into the music, just lookin to party. It was great meeting some of the FFF and look forward to meeting more this summer. Strider and Wunderland were very friendly and gracious. Loved the flag. Loved the venue. Loved the music. Thanks furthurflower67 for meeting up with us. Wish we could have went to the after party but circumstances didn't allow. See you at Philly!!!

p.s. I am the one on strider's right in the flag group picture and my beautiful wife Islandgirl77 is in the blue dress beside me.

I didn't notice the talkers until Dark Star. WRG was jamming very softly but nicely into it and all I could hear was their chatter. And I know i heard someone say Shhhhhhhsh. But I think that only made them talk louder. They weren't there for the music thats for sure....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#160727 1 year, 10 months ago
Publisher's Notes: I had to move, really had to move...and couldn't hold the camera still!

Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#160732 1 year, 10 months ago
66slim wrote:

From the stream that FF67 so graciously provided, that is all I could hear was that lady's conversation and laughing... it was downright ridiculous... From my experiences with the Boulder Theatre, the talking there could be just as bad. Hopefully the college kids all went back home by the time Saturday rolls around... that would help a little bit
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#160872 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
66slim wrote:

From the stream that FF67 so graciously provided, that is all I could hear was that lady's conversation and laughing... it was downright ridiculous... From my experiences with the Boulder Theatre, the talking there could be just as bad. Hopefully the college kids all went back home by the time Saturday rolls around... that would help a little bit

Freakin' Boulderites !
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#160958 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah you noisy inhabitants of the People's Republic of Boulder!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds