• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weir, Robinson, & Greene Trio Kansas City, MO 5/26

#160277 1 year, 10 months ago
yea I missed it to cause i was planning suttin else for a while but im sure theyll be audiences. was a little bummed when I found out about this stream coinciding but didn't want to change my plans
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#160330 1 year, 10 months ago
Bobby was missing our sweet sunshine Susie last night he kept singing about her!

Wonderful time more of a review later when I'm settled! Hope you all enjoyed!

I do just want to mention thank you so much to my wonderful friend JediJeff who let me use his phone and use up all his battery for streaming! He is so awesome for understanding my love want and desire to share with the community the music!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#160333 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks a million for the stream FF. They sounded great last night. Too bad you had someone nearby talking the entire second set
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#160412 1 year, 10 months ago
What a stellar time to continue ringing in the summer after Wanee! The weather was perfect last night, the FFF circulated the love (can still feel it even though we've said our goodbyes for now), and Bob gave it 100%. Chris brought a nice blues touch to it all, and while Jackie got tripped up here and there, Bob took it in stride and helped him back in. Wish Jackie had done some more slide... I was euphoric with the energy exchange between us and the band, getting loads of smiles and eye contact. Makes me want to do the whole summer tour instead of just the last half. Loved meeting new people from the forum, and having you guys stay at our house. It was just so much fun! More flag pics to come.
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, ecojaded, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
Chester
More or less in line

#160423 1 year, 10 months ago
Well, this shows now up on etree! bt.etree.org/details.php?id=555277
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#160444 1 year, 10 months ago
so whatsw the verdict on these shows with chris and jackie, anyone who was there care to share thouughts?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#160477 1 year, 10 months ago
Here's some pictures I took

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ecojaded, Island Head, Strider1, Wundurland
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#160483 1 year, 10 months ago
I absolutely loved the WRG show!!! I went in with no expectations. And now I firmly believe that is the way to attend a show! I had no idea what kind of ride I would be getting...clueless about it all. And yes it was totally different then any GD related show I've seen and I loved it!!!! Thank you Bobby! Chris! And of course Jackie!

They started the show off with a very nice upbeat rocking Bertha! It got everyone shaking their bones. Next was a great Friend of the Devil. I believe but am not positive Jackie played the mandolin on this song. I tried my hardest to remember. But these days it's getting harder and harder to remember what they played and who sang what or played what. I just find myself getting lost in the music and more focused on how they are playing what they are playing.....instead of what are they playing? Lol if that makes any sense. Anyways back to the show. Wake up Little Susie was next and of course I thought of our sweet Sue! But some bad energy must have walked by because during that song I just did not feel comfortable. I was distracted and couldn't get back to where I was. But I was just gonna ride the wave....lol but Bird Song came on next and everything got back to normal. It was a great Bird Song! Of course you can never go wrong with Bird Song. I wasn't sure of the song they played Love Please Come Home. But after that song Bobby had announced they were each gonna do a solo set and they would all be back together for some more.

There was no break! Chris and Bobby walked off the stage and Jackie was ready to shine! The first song of his I believe I heard a few times. It was nice. The second song I'm not sure about it but any song you play a harmonica with I'll learn to love! They each played two songs each solo. I love Chris Robinson I believe his voice is very soulful but I did not enjoy his solo set. It was lacking something. Maybe it was just his song choice but I really have nothing to say about it. Bobby on the other hand I loved it!!!! He was interacting with the crowd telling us his stories. Perfect! He played KC Moan which he said was by request. And Easy to Slip! Yes!!! I loved his song choices and the way he performed them! Simply wonderful! They all came out and played NSWB which I was surprised since I remembered they played it the night before and I was hoping to get it! I did! It was sweet! I think Jackie likes performing that one a lot. After the one song together they decided set break!

It was a very very short break. A meet up and smoke out at the flag. They let us bring the flag and the pole into the venue but with certain rules. It was a great meeting spot! And there was a nice breeze inside the venue I saw it waving in the wind the whole time!

Set two was great! They played Tom's Thumbs and I may have been a little up there and I just remember thinking okay I know this is a Dylan tune but what is the name? And I'm very familiar with Toms Thumbs since it seems like I get it every Furthur show I attend. It sounded so different and maybe a lot had to do with the pace and Phil not singing. It threw me through a loop. o I was sooooo happy to hear Stealin!!!!! One of my favorite Jerry tunes and the line wrap your arms around me like a circle around the sun, just always gets stuck in my head. And it did last night!!! It was great then Catfish John another nice Jerry nod....poor Elijah I'm not familiar with but I think it's a CR song he did most the singing on that one. Loser was great and Dark Star was fantastic! They all did some very nice affects on that one. And of course GDTRFB always always always a great choice to end a show to get everyone dancing again! Encore was The Weight and it was perfect! I do believe everyone's thoughts were all on Levon at that moment!!!

It was an extremely hot night in KC but the show was even hotter it made you forget about the heat! I went into the show loving Chris and Bobby I was so so on Jackie. I go back and forth with him. I like and I dont so much at times, but that kid has got some talent! He played guitar, mandolin, banjo, and harmonica! I loved it! I went out of the show loving all three! Bobby was extremely happy! He was working the stage with a huge smile on his face! One point this really loud motorcycle drove by and his eyes widen big and was looking around like who's messing up my show! I totally got a laugh about it. His voice did sound raspy like he over worked it. They seemed to have his mic louder than the other two. They all seemed to take verses of the songs but maybe Bobby had a little more mic time. I'm so glad I got to see this! It left me craving more more more! But no more shows until July! I can't hardly wait!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, ecojaded, kevin, Island Head, Strider1, Wundurland
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#160512 1 year, 10 months ago
GDTRFB

FOTD
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#160587 1 year, 10 months ago
Audio Only

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds