• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Rambles at Terrapin Crossroads May 17, 18, 19

#159270 2 years, 3 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#159290 2 years, 3 months ago

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kevin
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#159294 2 years, 3 months ago
Here are a few AWESOME pictures Cindy took at the Ramble Saturday 5/19!!

ramble.jpg

ramble2.jpg

My favorite!
jeff_2012-05-22.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Tmglf2, Warlock, gvanman, kevin, Island Head
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#159301 2 years, 3 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#159384 2 years, 3 months ago
5-18

5-19
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Island Head.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#159487 2 years, 3 months ago
If anyone sees a recording for the 5/18 show please post!!!!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#159509 2 years, 3 months ago
Saturday 5/19 at Terrapin was quite the journey!

We started off the day with some brunch and a little music on the patio at Terrapin. Deadheadland joined us and I was sooo excited to meet him. I thanked him from all of us for the setlist updates and latest news! Ross James, Jaz Sawyer, and two other friends did a little jamming. They played a lot of different tunes. My favorite was Chinatown Shuffle! Even tho Ross messed up on the words a little bit it was still great! I think I distracted him with my excitement for the song he stumbled on the words. LOL I was bounching up and down in my chair with excitment! Smiling real big! Their set was short but sweet. I think that was due to the late start.

Fast Forward to later that evening....I knew from the start it was gonnna be a wild ride!! Found my perfect spot on the rail by Jeff. They opened with Sugar Mags which is of course is quite a way to open a show! I was dancing dancing dancing and I couldn't slow down!!! I knew this was gonna be a HIGH energy show! I was ready!!! The Operator and Dire Wolf were nice to follow. I just had a hunch they were gonna play Appaloosa. I'm not sure if that is a Chris Robinson song but he does an incredible job on it! The Miracle got my blood flowing once again. Very nice! I love when Chris sings!!! Mason's Children was nice and Liberty closed the set out.

Set break and a smoke out in the parking lot! We also hung the flag on the rail for the second set. We got lots of comments and a few questions about it. Terry the guy who was everyone's tech guy that night at Terrapin thought it was super cool! And a big shotout to Terry for hookin me up with a copy of the set list!

Set two started off with a BANG!!! NSWB!!!!! O yes I'm ready for this!! The song totally took me over. I just let the music flow thru my soul! I've been listening to this show on Archives and its hard to believe the song was 20 mins long! It didn't feel LONG ENOUGH! Damn that was sooo good! It hard to choose I loved the Shakedown from the night before and this NSWB is just as good! hard to choose! They went into Loser after that and I was like alright a little something to calm me down. NO!!!!!!!! I think that had to be the best Loser I heard from any dead related band. BEST BEST BEST! I think a lot had to do with Chris singing it. Can I just give him the gold medal already! He's gone was great! Then Scarlet o yea!!! It was a good scarlet and they started to jam into Fire but a sudden stop! Phil steped up the mic and announced that his vocal monitors had stopped working. So they stopped the show turned the lights on and fixed the problem. Didn't take long at all. They came back and went straight into Fire. Beautiful!! The St. Stephen was awesome! I could tell Jeff was excited to be playing that tune! Then there it was! The moment i was waiting for.....TERRAPIN!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so lucky to have gotten a Terrapin at TC. It may have not been the best Terrapin ever but the feeling they were all putting into it was great! Expect they all started singing at the Terrapin part and Tim seemed like he was just standing there forgetting where everyone else was not singing. I was a little dissappointed at him. But Terrapin was just the perfect way to end the show for me!!!! Phil came out and did his donar speech and their encore was GDTRFB! hell yea! Another great verision that got everyone's feet moving! I thought they would do the we bid you goodnight but no didn't happen.

Great show, great venue, and I had a wonderful time!

A few things that I loved about Terrapin. How small it is. Anywhere in the place is a great seat! I loved getting to see the musicians interact with each other. Giving each other looks, communicating musically with each other. JUST FREAKING PERFECT! Phil looked extremely happy! I know he always looks happy but it must have had something to do with him being at home playing what he wants and how he wants. It was just so beautiful to watch!

A few things I didn't like about Terrapin....the picture takers. yea they do get in your face or try to get in front of you for a good shot. Well with me that wasn't happening...hahaha. I didn't notice too many talkers but then again i wasn't trying to be in the middle of the crowd. And some things musically I think were missing was Mark singing. I think he would be great! And Tim Blume just didn't seem interested at all. I dont know if he it was because he felt he was competing with Chris but either way I just want' impressed with him. But I still got love from him. And I would have loved a few more pigpen songs sung by Chris. O man I was hoping for a Two Souls. And I was really craving a Sugaree.....

I recommend everyone to get out Terrapin at least once! I'm so thankful, grateful, and blessed to have the chance to check it out. I don't see it happening anytime the rest of the year so I had to make my move while I could. And just being in California is worth it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, Tmglf2, gvanman, ecojaded, Island Head
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#159545 2 years, 3 months ago
Thank you for your great reviews. I think some of the appreciation for TC comes when you go to other venues now and don't find that intimacy that TC has. I didn't read any mention of grill cheese sandwiches. Do they still do that? Glad you had a good time.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#159564 2 years, 3 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
Thank you for your great reviews. I think some of the appreciation for TC comes when you go to other venues now and don't find that intimacy that TC has. I didn't read any mention of grill cheese sandwiches. Do they still do that? Glad you had a good time.

Ah yes thanks for the reminder. I wanted to mention the grilled cheese but forgot. There were no grilled cheese handed out after the show. a little disappointing.....yes but they did have it on the menu....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#159683 2 years, 3 months ago
FF67 great review glad im not the only one who likes to hear chris robinson sing seems like most people dont like him for some reason i agree with you he sings with so much much emotion you really feel the song.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds