• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Setlist: Phil Lesh & Friends, 05/13/12

#157667 1 year, 11 months ago
From the Terrapin Crossroads website (I knew I saw this somewhere)

6. Are cameras allowed in the venue?

We realize that most people these days have a camera on their phone. We cannot prohibit you from carrying your phones; however, we do hope that you respect the integrity of the music and keep the flashes and recording devices out of sight. And if you do need to use your cell phone, step outside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Warlock
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#157727 1 year, 11 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
From the Terrapin Crossroads website (I knew I saw this somewhere)

6. Are cameras allowed in the venue?

We realize that most people these days have a camera on their phone. We cannot prohibit you from carrying your phones; however, we do hope that you respect the integrity of the music and keep the flashes and recording devices out of sight. And if you do need to use your cell phone, step outside.

thank goodness they posted a "please be considerate" message. this past weekend was way out of hand with the phones, the videos and the picture taking.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#157822 1 year, 11 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
thank goodness they posted a "please be considerate" message. this past weekend was way out of hand with the phones, the videos and the picture taking.
\

Ugh. I am guilty of taking a few photos myself but I try to pull out the phone, cover the light of the screen with my hand, quickly take a shot and then put the thing away.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#157825 1 year, 11 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:
\

Ugh. I am guilty of taking a few photos myself but I try to pull out the phone, cover the light of the screen with my hand, quickly take a shot and then put the thing away.

sounds proper and respectful to me. i saw one person this weekend taking lots of video on his phone, but he held it low, he didn't obstruct anyone's view, and he was polite and respectful. no one had any issues with him and we were all appreciative that some video of the show was captured.

i'm talking about the growing numbers of serious offenders who will push and shove to get a picture, and those who will hold the camera right in front of your face for long periods of time like they are the center of the universe.

i know some people will think that i'm exaggerating a bit, but i'm not. in my 28 years of going to concerts i have never experienced such rude behavior by some individuals as i have at Terrapin Crossroads. and that includes hardcore punk shows. no joke.

on the flip side, i've also encountered some of the kindest individuals at Terrapin Crossroads.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#158825 1 year, 11 months ago
what a week. i haven't had this much of an emotional roller coaster ride in years, but it has had a very happy ending. walking away from Terrapin Crossroads after some very bad nights has been totally freeing. i still have lots of love for Phil, Terrapin Crossroads, the staff and all the wonderful people who i've encountered there. ...and of course lots of love for all my FFF brothers and sisters.

that being said, i feel like i've had a major mental shift and have moved on to the next chapter. everything happens for a reason, and these the bad experiences have served a very useful purpose. at first i really wasn't paying enough attention and was being very stubborn. but life is telling me to get out of my comfort zone and i'm finally listening. it feels good!

i never thought i'd be quoting .38 Special, but there's a lot of wisdom in the 1981 hit "Hold on Loosely"...

"Just Hold On Loosely
But don't let go
If you cling to tightly
You're gonna lose control"

wow, how true it is.

anyway... i'm putting taper.tsquare to rest. it was a good run while it lasted, but it's definitely time to turn the page. thanks for everything and i hope to see many of you in the fall.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#158827 1 year, 11 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:

anyway... i'm putting taper.tsquare to rest. it was a good run while it lasted, but it's definitely time to turn the page. thanks for everything and i hope to see many of you in the fall.

I'm not quite following you. I hope you're not saying you won't be showing your kind presence around here?? That would be a real loss!
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, Strider1
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#158828 1 year, 11 months ago
are you saying you're done taping shows?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#158856 1 year, 11 months ago
Sue: i do not plan to leave this wonderful forum. i love it here. if i could attend every show with my FFF bros and sisters that would be the coolest! too bad it doesn't work that way. i'm just putting the "taper.tsquare" handle to bed. time for a fresh start, and sometimes a "new suit of clothes" helps facilitate a healthy transition.

Burt: not quitting taping either. i still have a major passion for recording live music, and that will never change.

the last time i felt frustrated and burnt out on the music scene was 1994, and i walked away from everything GD-related for 17 years! i certainly don't plan to do that again. i've learned over the years that we're always dying and being reborn. the cycles just seem to churn a little faster as we get older. i don't need another 17 year rest to realize my reawakening. this time it happened quite fast, and i already feel reborn. it's a good thing!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by .
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#158862 1 year, 11 months ago
Hey Trent - glad to hear you are not disappearing!
Even though I'm not clear on what's changed/ changing for you, that does not matter. Hope this transformation brings you only good things.
Chester
More or less in line

#158867 1 year, 11 months ago
You sound wise Trent. You have to be true to yourself first. Really, we are all in transition, always. But that's a good thing.
Not to sound corny, but.., "Life is a journey, not a destination."
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds