• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Setlist: Phil Lesh & Friends, 05/13/12

#156849 2 years, 2 months ago
Ramble #4
05/13/12
Phil Lesh & Friends
Terrapin Crossroads

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Set 1
Alabama Getaway
Friend of the Devil
Deal
The Weight
Peggy-O
Miss Ohio
Mississippi 1/2 Step

Set 2
Bertha
Hard to Handle
Cold Rain & Snow
West LA Fade Away
Death Don't Have No Mercy
Althea
The Wheel
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
E: Not Fade Away

Lineup:
Phil Lesh
Grahame Lesh
Chris Robinson
Mark Karan
John Skehan
Tim Bluhm
Nicki Bluhm
John Graboff
Adam MacDougall
Jaz Sawyer
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by .
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Setlist: Phil Lesh & Friends, 05/13/12

#157044 2 years, 2 months ago
T Sq, Thank you again for these set-list that I wake-up too. I then make a Grateful Dead iTunes play-list in the same order and that is my connection to the show via Wake n Bake, all day long

"Roll Those Laughing Bones"
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#157106 2 years, 2 months ago
Cub wrote:
T Sq, Thank you again for these set-list that I wake-up too. I then make a Grateful Dead iTunes play-list in the same order and that is my connection to the show via Wake n Bake, all day long

"Roll Those Laughing Bones"

wow, that's a cool way of doing it! last night's show (in my opinion) was the best of the four. on a personal level it's hard to top the 1st set of the 1st night... that Levon set was just magical! yes, some sloppy moments, but wow! such a beautiful and heartfelt tribute. but in terms of a complete show, last night really did it for me. Chris totally nailed Hard to Handle, and Mark knocked Death Don't Have No Mercy out of the park!!! the GDTRFB set closer and NFA encore really drove it home.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#157110 2 years, 2 months ago
until some video or audio of last night's "Death Don't Have No Mercy" surfaces, here's some vintage "Death Don't..." from 1968. i am still totally blown away by how intense it was last nigh when Mark sang "Death Don't...". absolutely spectacular. by the time it ended my mind was absolute mush.

Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#157118 2 years, 2 months ago
both the 12th and 13th are here : bt.etree.org/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#157224 2 years, 2 months ago
Warlock wrote:
both the 12th and 13th are here : bt.etree.org/

i knew the 12th was up, but the 13th just got posted. thanks for the head's up.

i'm really glad that Terrapin Crossroads is not having these yanked from etree and LMA, but it sends some really mixed signals. i have no idea what the deal is. is it really no taping? obviously not. is it "no obvious taping"? i don't know.

for the record (in case the site admin sees this info) i am not associated in any way with these recordings. i am grateful for them, i will download them and i will listen to them with much appreciation and gratitude. but the written rules versus the reality of what happens at TC totally confuses me. i think TC should amend the taping policy to be "don't ask, don't tell", but that's just my 2 cents.

the audio recording activity at TC is the least problematic issue. yes, the rule is obviously being bent (if not broken). but audio recording is being done with much more respect than people taking video and pictures with their phones. some of the picture takers and amateur "videographers" are really aggressive. they barrel through the crowd with phone in hand pushing people out of the way, they hold the phone on front of your face for long periods of time. and then they get offended and sometimes very belligerent when you ask them to respect your space. i really don't mind that people bust out their phones to take pictures and video (like most people i like seeing the pictures and the youtube videos), but please be respectful to people who want to listen to the music and enjoy the show. it's not too much to ask.

there have been some truly beautiful moments at TC that you would never experience in a larger venue. it really is special. the staff at TC is amazingly wonderful. i just can't say enough good things about how welcome they make you feel when you're there. thank you Phil and TC for all that you do to bring the music to us in such an intimate environment!!!!

the issues that are happening at TC are part of the growing process, and i remain positive that things will work themselves out. scratch that... i know things will work out. failure is not an option.

anyway, i've rambled on long enough. i'm sure you all get my point. back to the regular programming. i hope i'm not out of line bringing these topics into the public forum. and thanks for bearing with me on these topics.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#157270 2 years, 2 months ago
It's times like this I wonder why I still live on the East Coast
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#157279 2 years, 2 months ago
What I read somewhere not too long ago was that they did not want "obvious taping". So if you record or take a few photos here and there in a circumspect sort of way, that seems to be acceptable (and likely they can't really stop it anyhow).

I thought they were planning to release soundboards of at least a select group of the Terrapin Crossroads shows. I am sure I read that on their site or maybe on their FB page. They did not say when other than "soon".
Chester
More or less in line

#157284 2 years, 2 months ago
I also remember reading on either TC's FB page, or the website, that SBD's would eventually become available.
Yeah, folks in the Bay area are very fortunate these days. I will make it out. Someday.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#157301 2 years, 2 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cub, amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds