• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Setlist: Phil Lesh & Friends, 05/11/12

#156525 2 years, 4 months ago
Ramble #2
05/11/12
Phil Leash & Friends
Terrapin Crossroads

Set 1
Alligator >
Caution
For What It's Worth
Street Fighting Man
Blowing In The Wind
Viola Lee Blues >
Folsom Prison Blues >
Viola Lee Blues

Set 2
Eight Miles High
China Cat Sunflower >
Dazed & Confused >
The Other One >
Dark Star >
Whiter Shade of Pale >
Jam >
Dark Star >
St. Stephen >
Morning Dew
Donor Rap
E: I Know You Rider

Lineup:
Phil Lesh
Grahame Lesh
Chris Robinson
Mark Karan*
John Skehan
Tim Bluhm
Nicki Bluhm
Adam MacDougall
Jaz Sawyer

*John Graboff had a gig in LA, so Mark Karan sat in.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Setlist: Phil Lesh & Friends, 05/11/12

#156540 2 years, 4 months ago
Trent thanks again for the setlist update! Question was Chris Robinson also there? I saw a few different incomplete reports saying Chris was there singing. I had also saw Mark Karan was there on the update. I was surprised for two more guest if so. But it looks like Mark was filling in on guitar.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
volare
Senior Boarder

#156544 2 years, 4 months ago
yes, both of them were there.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#156547 2 years, 4 months ago
volare wrote:

Thanks! Did you attend the show last night again? Do you live there are you going next weekend?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#156570 2 years, 4 months ago
volare wrote:

Volare: sent you a PM. if you're gonna be at TC again today, let's meet up for flag picture.

Emily: John Graboff was the only one not there last night, but Chris was definitely in the house! a friend spotted Mark Karan before the show walking in the parking lot, so we thought he might be sitting in for a song or two. little did we know that he would be playing almost the entire show. i love Mark, so i was happy that he was in the mix. the only downside was that Tim Bluhm got much less stage time compared to the show on the 10th. Nicki Bluhm, however, got a few more songs on night #2 compared to night #1. they have a lot of people in this band, so it makes sense to rotate people on and off the stage throughout the show.

the setlist was awesome. if someone told me before the show that they would play "For What it's Worth", "8 Miles High", "Folsom Prison Blues", "Dazed and Confused" and "Whiter Shade of Pale" i'm not sure i would have believed it. but it was awesome! i'm a huuuuuuuuge Johnny Cash fan, so my brain pretty much exploded when they did "Folsom Prison Blues". and sandwiched in between a Viola? holy cow! the opening notes of "8 Miles High" were spectacular. Phil started off with a very loud and enthusiastic countdown... 1, 2, 3, 4 and they were off. i almost couldn't believe my ears... "8 Miles High" is one of my favorite Byrds songs. Tim nailed the vocals on "Whiter Shade of Pale", which had a very interesting placement in between the 2 verses of "Dark Star". when they went back into "Dark Star" he sang the 1st line of the 1st verse.. then he says directly into his mic "oops, we did that already". it was pretty funny. then he paused, regrouped and went into the 2nd verse and all was well again. i thought they did a great job with "Dazed and Confused" it didn't get way out there like Zeppelin used to do it, but it was pretty cool. and opening the show with Alligator > Caution.... wow! i thought Chris was gonna sing "Alligator", but when i saw Phil step to the mic i knew that wasn't gonna happen. Chris did sing "Caution", but the vocals were very improvised. it really wasn't your standard "Caution", and they didn't stretch it out... but it was very high energy and started things off with a big bang! oh yeah, i almost forgot about "Blowin' in the Wind"... probably my least favorite Dylan song, but Nicki did a great job singing it. on the whole, a great show last night. very, very different from the show on the 10th. a few people told me after the show that last night's set was intentionally all songs from the 1960s, and that tonight's setlist will be an all 1970s show. Sunday is supposed to be all songs from the 1980s. not sure if that's true or not, but we'll find out soon enough.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by .
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#156595 2 years, 4 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, Island Head
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#157016 2 years, 4 months ago
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds