• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
devaOM
Fresh Boarder
:-)

The Wanee Experience

#154809 2 years, 5 months ago
here's the link to the article i wrote about my wanee experience. there's a part 1 and a part 2! part 1 contains my review for furthur's 4/20 show, part 2 contains my review for furthur's 4/21 show PLUS reviews of the allman brothers, leftover salmon, trigger hippy (jackie greene and joan osbornes new collab), buddy guy, bruce hornsby, and many more! please read & enjoy thanks for your time and energy if ya read it.

PART 1:
www.tristateindie.com/show-wrap-ups/the-...e-experience-part-1/

PART 2:
www.tristateindie.com/show-wrap-ups/2012...ee-festival-part-ii/
don't give it up, you got an empty cup only Love can Phil...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Cub, ecojaded, Little Bear, Strider1, BillyDeLion
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: The Wanee Experience

#154824 2 years, 5 months ago
thanks for documenting your Wanee experience and sharing it with us. this was my 1st Wanee and it was an absolute blast!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#154857 2 years, 5 months ago
What a wonderful Festival, I had a warming experience.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Roadtripper
Junior Boarder
Deadicated shamanic dreamer

#154923 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for your review and the great pix. I enjoy reading about the adventures you had and and the feelings that were experienced. I too felt the love in the air throughout the weekend. For me it felt like an extended family reunion. I felt like a visitor one of the Furthur Family Freaks A guest coming from and representing the bay area . It was an honor and a privilege to be there. One of the most notable and unexpected vibes I had was the warmth and sincerity of the southern hospitality that was expressed by both the locals and the Allmond Bro band fans. It was as if each family was a circle and together we were circle circle the symbol of infinite possibility. Two large families coming together as one. I too thought it strangethat Furthur played all the Dead songs that Mickey played almost in the same order too. However it never appeared to me as being done with a competitive intent or spite. When I heard the show open with NFA I felt as it was an expression of connection with the rythm of life and the rhythm of the earth. Im sure they were aware that Mickey opened wth the same song When I heard the beat It also spoke to me as a tribute to fallen rock n roll hero's and said we are many bands but one family being they only opened with NFA a very few times It is usually played towards the end of the show.. Im sure there was some significance to that being the opener what we may never know. Thanks for the great review much love and many blessings. Alex
The turmoil of today has caused me to reevaluate my values .I dont want to be a part of the collective nightmare in mainstream society. I want to be with people that embrace my dreams and offer me hope. And believe in a world where all living beings live in peace love and harmony. Thank you Furthur Family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Bear, Strider1
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#155008 2 years, 5 months ago
Well said!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#155011 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks. Nice read. Great pictures.

I myself, was thoroughly enraptured by all of the positive energy flowing thru everyone and everything in the entire place.

Made everything seem right in the world, if only for the weekend.

It's great that you can't bottle something like this. It has to be experienced in the moment.

To great friends and great times!
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Bear
stricken
Gold Boarder

#155100 2 years, 5 months ago
The whole weekend was a special one that happens every so often. It was pleasant to see the mix of people joined together for the love of music and to have a good time and less stress than going to the local supermarket.
My only complaint is it needs to be like two days longer and less overlap of the bands playing at the same time. I tried to listen up on the corner for a bit but it was a overload of sound but interesting at the same time.
To all the forum members i met it was a pleasure meeting you and hopefully will get to share some smiles again down the road im all in for next year and suggest those that where not able to attend this years wannee try a little harder next year. Its worth the sacrifice
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, Little Bear, Roadtripper, Strider1
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#155478 2 years, 5 months ago
My first Wanee. Very nice! I loved seeing the band play in a huge outdoor space like that. So much fun dancing on the lawn. And, I've never seen Furthur or Dead play 3 hour sets without taking a break. We kept waiting for intermission and they just kept jammin' !! Amazing!
Cub
Senior Boarder

The Wanee Experience RE-Play GD Radio Sat May 20

#158680 2 years, 5 months ago
It was a Happy Accident in my listening room Saturday Night-in while waiting for Mick Jagger host SNL.

Thank You again GD Radio
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Cub. Reason: I'm Loving Life
gratefuldude1963
Junior Boarder
grateful 4 furthur

#162666 2 years, 4 months ago
i was also at wanee and i think you nailed it in your writing. i was glad to to you talked up trigger hippy as well. their set blew be away. i have downloaded that set and have it for down load on my soul seek account. but as i said, you really nailed the wanee vibe. good job
it's all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds