• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

Re: Bob Weir - Westbury Theatre - Westbury, NY 4-28-12

#153284 2 years, 3 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
DigiGal wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
keep coming back here as somebody may post a link to their own personal recordings for which we are always GRATEFUL

What he said, I'll post a link to my recording of this show and Wilkes-Barre but have patience it'll be a while before I can edit and upload them since it's back to everyday routine.

Both recordings came out great, Westbury had a better behaved crowd.
where you set up? i saw 5 rigs on the floor i was under the over hang center row had a taper 2-3rows in front of me

Yes, I was in the OTS located section C next to the soundboard. I did see a couple of tapers get booted from FOB before the show started back to the OTS but there were some that went unnoticed by venue staff.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#153345 2 years, 3 months ago
Grate show! Was really impressed with what he did by himself for 2 sets! Great shows and we got to hear bobby talk which we don't get to hear at Furthur. Brother Easu was a real treat as I did not think I was gonna get a repeat 2 nights later. And of course Easy to Slip was a real treat as Bobby let loose for the 1st set closer. The WRS was a real treat and yes he flubbed the "Rise and Fall" but whatever I got a glimpse into Bobby's world, something you can't always hear in Furthur. There is a lot that goes into his playing, add the rest of Furthur on top of it and wow! Had a smile ear to ear. Yes there was the occasional Bobby flub here and there, but that's what I call the unwritten aspect of music. Comical at times heck even bobby was laughing

Double encore was fun and of course "nothing to loose, nothing to gain" One More Saturday Night Acoustic was great! Love hearing a good ol Bobby rocker Acoustic. And a Impromptu Ripple was the icing on the cake! Love ya Bobby thanks for this show!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Cub, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#153356 2 years, 3 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
Grate show! Was really impressed with what he did by himself for 2 sets! Great shows and we got to hear bobby talk which we don't get to hear at Furthur. Brother Easu was a real treat as I did not think I was gonna get a repeat 2 nights later. And of course Easy to Slip was a real treat as Bobby let loose for the 1st set closer. The WRS was a real treat and yes he flubbed the "Rise and Fall" but whatever I got a glimpse into Bobby's world, something you can't always hear in Furthur. There is a lot that goes into his playing, add the rest of Furthur on top of it and wow! Had a smile ear to ear. Yes there was the occasional Bobby flub here and there, but that's what I call the unwritten aspect of music. Comical at times heck even bobby was laughing

Double encore was fun and of course "nothing to loose, nothing to gain" One More Saturday Night Acoustic was great! Love hearing a good ol Bobby rocker Acoustic. And a Impromptu Ripple was the icing on the cake! Love ya Bobby thanks for this show!

AND A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU FOR TAKING US THERE!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#153537 2 years, 3 months ago

Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , Cub
edfbrooklyn
Fresh Boarder

#154998 2 years, 2 months ago
Loved the show - haven't seen Bobby play solo since the Greek Theater in 1988! Actually preferred this to Weir/Wasserman or Scaring the Children. He pulled-out some of the good stuff for this night & the crowd was with him 100%.
I shot two tunes fairly close-up... here's the 2nd set closer, WRS:
youtu.be/YsGwZMgmoX0
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#155803 2 years, 2 months ago
It was a magical show... with a much kinder crowd and much kinder security than Wilkes Barre.

Bobby was on, and all the "talkers" from Wilkes Barre learned to shut their mouths and listen. And it's such an intimate "in the round" venue.

I ALMOST miracled my ticket to this show (after seeing Wilkes Barre), sure glad I did NOT do that.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#156047 2 years, 2 months ago
I CANT WAIT TILL BOBBY BRINGS A SOLO RUN DOWN THE WEST COAST.
howabout a happy holidaze run from OR to deigo. like 8-12 shows. that would make my xmas, and bob does look alil like santa.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#158817 2 years, 2 months ago
Finally had a chance to upload my recording of this show, here's a link for download or streaming...

archive.org/details/bw2012-04-28.akg391.digigal.flac16

Bob Weir
NYCB Theatre, Westbury, NY
April 28th, 2012
AKG 391 (ORTF) > Marantz PMD 661

** 16-bit/44.1Khz **

disc 01 [Set I]
01 crowd/tuning
02 Truckin'
03 Spoonful
04 Truckin' Reprise
05 My Brother Esau
06 Esau banter
07 Dark Hollow
08 Me And My Uncle
09 She Belongs To Me
10 Looks Like Rain
11 Easy To Slip

disc 02 [Set II]
01 Corrina
02 Loose Lucy
03 He's Gone
04 Ashes And Glass
05 Hard Rain
06 Weather Report Suite
07 Let It Grow
08 encore break
09 E1: One More Saturday Night
10 E2: Ripple

Notes:
AKG 391 (ORTF) mics at 8 ft height.
Tracked out to fit on two audio CD's as indicated.

**Bob Weir Solo Acoustic**
Bob Weir - Acoustic Guitar & Vocals
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Cub
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Bob Weir NY 4-28-12 acoustic show GD radio

#160688 2 years, 2 months ago
Tuesday April 28 Acoustic Caw Fee tunes.

Thanks GD Rad

"Nothin' Left To Do But Smile, Smile, Smile"
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Cub. Reason: date correction - chemo brain
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds