• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

The 8 night Beacon run

#149773 2 years, 6 months ago
Well now that the Beacon run is over I am interested to know which shows people liked the most. Last night's set list looks pretty awesome. Any opinions?
These are the good old days!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: The 8 night Beacon run

#149779 2 years, 6 months ago
I think I enjoyed Sunday night's best, but they all had some moments. I have to say, and I'm kind of glad this is back here because I don't want to be too negative about it, but the whole run wasn't what I expected. To me, it seemed liked your basic 8 night run of really good shows, that could have happened anywhere. I think I was expecting something more and different, ala what the Allman's have done at the Beacon: bring on the sit-in guests, lots of them, pull out some new and different songs or arrangements, throw in an acoustic set; somehow make it all unique and special. So while it seemed like a very good run, from afar at least, and thanks to TaperRob was certainly the best ever couch tour, I hate to say I'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#149788 2 years, 6 months ago
I appreciate the stream.... But the sound quality has more holes than swiss cheese. I am gonna listen to the flacs and save any opinion until I can hear all the frequencies.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#149793 2 years, 6 months ago
I agree Sue. The shows were all very good, with a couple of excellent ones in there, but I also wasn't blown away in the way I thought and hoped to be. I did expect there to be something to make this run stand out. Great fun though, couch tour was really great, all praise to the almighty Taperrob!, and the shows I got to were great fun. I though Saturday 4/7 was the best show of the tour, and that Saturday 4/14 or Tuesday 4/10 were the best of the Beacon Run. Of course i was at the 4/14 show so I have a little bias there. All the best to those going to Wanee, and to the folks hitting the movies tonight like me, enjoy! I have a serious bias to pre 80's Dead but I am going tonight hoping to really get into the Brent side of things. i have Downhill from Here from the same run and it is pretty decent.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#149796 2 years, 6 months ago
the beacon run was typical shows a few highlights a few low ones ,aka bobby messing up more than normal,but las nites second set was the bar to set the standard wow what a set still realing from it.i would have liked some acoustic stuff too not big on guest stars i feel they slow down the show somewhat then again sunday nite at RCMH was pretty cool.curious to see if they step up their game for wanneee since the allmans will be playing too
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#149839 2 years, 6 months ago
Was at the first 2 shows, first show was tightly played, that along the watchtower was powerful. The second night was off the hook especially 2nd set. I understand 8 days there will be repeats, but there catalog is so huge that they could have come in without a repeat. Im glad no guest, I think it takes away from my experience. But anyway just happy they still bring the music.

Phil bombs forever
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#149842 2 years, 6 months ago
I liked the ser list form 4/18/ but also the friday the 13th show we listened from the stream it was awsome too !!!! see you all in brooklyn !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#149853 2 years, 6 months ago
Sunday night was the most enjoyable for me. But every single setlist had moments of brilliance. Moments that renewed
your faith in Furthur, and this music, to always lift the spirit, put a smile on your face, and get your feet moving.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#149884 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I think I enjoyed Sunday night's best, but they all had some moments. I have to say, and I'm kind of glad this is back here because I don't want to be too negative about it, but the whole run wasn't what I expected. To me, it seemed liked your basic 8 night run of really good shows, that could have happened anywhere. I think I was expecting something more and different, ala what the Allman's have done at the Beacon: bring on the sit-in guests, lots of them, pull out some new and different songs or arrangements, throw in an acoustic set; somehow make it all unique and special. So while it seemed like a very good run, from afar at least, and thanks to TaperRob was certainly the best ever couch tour, I hate to say I'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed.

Unfulfilled expectations lead to disappointments...

I had no expectations at first. After joining the setlist prediction game, I had both expectations and disappointments, but I had none of either after I changed my strategy and chose to copy (borrow or share) someone else's choices for the game.

Every show is the best to me. It's easier to enjoy it all. While it's happening, there ain't no place I'd rather be.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: sfsueny
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#149891 2 years, 6 months ago
I really in enjoyed that ship of fools! Thank you taper rob
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds