• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Schwartz
Fresh Boarder

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/18/12

#150191 2 years, 4 months ago
This night was the concluding show of the run, and it was evident the band was in high spirits from the get go. Phil was smiling ear to ear throughout, playful, loving every minute of it, his fingers flying over the frets of his 6 string. JK took charge from the beginning, and the Hear Comes Sunshine, Half Step, Dire Wolf opening was terrific. The only worry was Bobby, who looked white as a ghost and wobbly at times. Overall he sang well all night, to include the Black Peter towards the end of set 1. His playing and participation seemed to pick up in set 2. Hopefully he is all good. Highlights of set 1 were back to back smoking hot versions of Easy Wind and Viola Lee, with superb solo work from JK and Jeff Chimenti. The Viola Lee included their new rockabilly version of the 3rd verse.
The second set killed - powerful Shakedown to open, very hot versions of Mr. Fantasy and Cassidy followed. The Cassidy beautifully transitioned into Dark Star, and the playing was inspired - Dark Star > Other One > Dark Star > Other One was simply sublime, and would be right at home with some of the great jams with those songs in 72. We expected the Help > Slip > Franklins to close, but the Golden Road in the middle of the Slipknot was a great bonus, and was over the top, with JK’s soloing as hot as anything you could hear anywhere - wow! The Beacon was going crazy, and deservedly so. The only way to wrap it up was with a beautiful Brokedown - when Bobby sang ‘gonna leave this Brokedown Palace on my hands and my knees’ you knew the band had put everything they had into the run. Warm hugs and embraces all around, bandmate to bandmate. My deepest gratitude to Furthur and to the friends I shared the shows with. Counting down to summer tour!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, deadegad
DarrylStingley
Junior Boarder

#153215 2 years, 4 months ago
I'm still smiling about that show. Carry on.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#153381 2 years, 4 months ago
DarrylStingley wrote:
I'm still smiling about that show. Carry on.

Me too!

Thanks for recording the show Z-Man which I was listening to last night. I will buy the SBD later in the week.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#156087 2 years, 4 months ago
Easy Wind
Viola Lee Blues
Black Peter
Cosmic Charlie

That was an amazing piece of time. I'd throw it up there in the top group of recommendations to newcomers.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds