• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
acousticPhenomena
Junior Boarder

Re: 3/15/2011 - BEST BUY Theater - NYC (Phil's B-Day)

#4014 3 years, 6 months ago
It's crazy that they're doing all of Abbey Road this tour. I personally have a compilation of the whole thing and it sounds great! Way to go Furthur! Just saw my first dead-related show last Saturday (Dark Star Orchestra) hoping that Furthur comes to my neck of the woods this summer!
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#4488 3 years, 6 months ago
>>>> I seem to remember [Bob Weir] feeding off the crowd and interacting with us in ways he typically doesn't, which was great! Any insight on this? <<<<

Ya gotta figure that Bob has seen and heard it all at this point, so it takes more to get him excited than it did back in 1970 when everything was still fairly new. The Grateful Dead history books are stacked high with great shows in great cities, but a show on Phil Lesh's birthday is one thing isn't old to them yet because it hasn't really happened in the past.

I also think that this special Birthday Show in the middle of New York brought a great group of REAL fans to the theater, which Bob noticed and embraced in the way you saw.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#4969 3 years, 6 months ago
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Skudebro
Junior Boarder

#5000 3 years, 6 months ago
Archive show is downloaded and ready for listening. OK, I admit listening to Side 2 Abbey Road segment while downloading and that was fun, though I admit the guy yelling for Fire On the Mountain in front of the tapers is annoying.

Still, I am so grateful to the performers, tapers, uploaders, and others who make it possible to listen to this music.
srob52765
Fresh Boarder

#6751 3 years, 6 months ago
Excellent review! I totally agree!
check it out:
www.youtube.com/user/srob52765?feature=mhum#p/u/0/wWbGSO9u4bo
srob52765
Fresh Boarder

#6753 3 years, 6 months ago
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds