• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Setlist 04-12-12 BEACON THEATRE

#146153 2 years, 5 months ago
Looks like Desolation Row was also a surprise for the band.

a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/...614758_3143328_n.jpg
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#146164 2 years, 5 months ago
dead_in_ky wrote:
desolation row, ship of fools? Nod to 100 years of titanic?

From Jambands.com

Furthur nodded to the RMS Titanic during their show at New York’s Beacon Theatre last night. Partway through their first set, the group busted into Bob Dylan’s “Desolation Row,” which contains the lyrics “The Titanic sails at down.” Furthur then moved into the equally appropriate “Ship of Fools.” The Titanic hit an iceberg on April 14 and sunk into the ocean early the next morning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#146217 2 years, 5 months ago
Great show last night. The crowd was really positive and the band must have been feeling good after the day off. I thought Hell in a Bucket brought some chuckles from the crowd when it went sideways a few times. I thought I heard the beginning of El paso but Bobby probably realized he wouldn't remember all the lyrics lol so switched to a nice Mexicali. I 'm a little disappointed that Furthur are so quick to repeat songs they just played in recent days. They should dig deeper into the GD catalogue. That being said the China ...................Rider set was great. Still hoping for a Black Muddy River. It's gotta be tonite because this is my last of six shows. Enjoy all!!!
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#146341 2 years, 5 months ago
Winteriscoming wrote:
Enjoyed the heck out of last night, save my bro getting tossed for smoking mother earth. Don't Ease, Mexicali, Desolation Row and Ship of Fools were definately fun to hear as Furthur almost never plays them. Did not like the arrangement of Ship of Fools at all though. Cold Rain, Half Step, Jackstraw, Sugaree (obviously), China Doll and even Around n Around were all awesome.

Psyched for tonight.

Bummer about your bro, I thought the show was good, but I actually really liked the reworked Ship of Fools!!!
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#146420 2 years, 5 months ago
With all the scuttle of Dyslexia and Bob not feeling well, it sure is an odd choice to play a 20,000 word song like Desolation Row.* I realize most of the illness talk is nothing more than speculation and rumor, but still...what a strange choice (and an awful choice at that). Glad I didn't pay money to see that set, let alone NYC money. What a waste of a good ten minutes of a show. Filler.

*yes, I read the Titanic reference.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#148241 2 years, 5 months ago
Highlights from the first set. Video has some head shots at times but the audio is good.

patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#213003 1 year, 10 months ago
listening to the show tonight, and thinking Bob wanted to do Looks Like Rain instead of Desolation.
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by patchmyfurthur.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#290475 11 months, 2 weeks ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds