• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

Spring Tour!?! OR Dark Star 4.8.72 VS 4.3.11

#14513 3 years, 3 months ago
After seeing the Broomfield shows & listening to all but 2 shows from the Spring Tour, I'm near speechless: the performances were SO good. I've been going back over some of my favorite Dead (& a few post-GD & other non-Dead) shows of all time in the past week, & I'm really surprised at how well this tour compares.

Just got my Fox GnoHo discs & just now am comparing dark star 4.3.11 (e.g., www.archive.org/download/further2011-04-...2011-04-03_s2t06.mp3) with www.dead.net/sites/deadbeta.rhino.com/fi..._8_72_wembley2.html. 'Cliff Hucker' says of this dark star, "The extraordinary Dark Star,... is among the very best ever performed from any era....""www.archive.org/details/gd1972-04-08.sbd...4.sbeok.flac16"

I'm not gonna say more than ask, "Whacha Think?"
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
playin_dead
Fresh Boarder

Re: Spring Tour!?! OR Dark Star 4.8.72 VS 4.3.11

#18690 3 years, 3 months ago
That was so sick. Wow. Just wow.
Thanks for both of those, I've listened to Wembley before but not the D.S. from shy of a month ago. That was some behemoth stuff right there.
=---=-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-=---==---=-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-=---==---=-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-~-=-=---=
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#18826 3 years, 3 months ago
I like em both but I gotta go with the jerry version
check out the 3/19/11 Dark Star > We Love You > Dark Star if you can locate a copy
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by the highway terror.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#18839 3 years, 3 months ago
james--loved that 3/19 ds>love you>ds, was a highlight of the philly run for sure
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#27412 3 years, 2 months ago
I'm not sure that 4/3 can be beat... it overcame everyone. It was so magical. Still probably going with the Wembley, but aside from that (and of course a couple other Jer versions), I think 4/3 is the best.
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
Chester
More or less in line

#27507 3 years, 2 months ago
lastleaffallen wrote:
I'm not sure that 4/3 can be beat... it overcame everyone. It was so magical. Still probably going with the Wembley, but aside from that (and of course a couple other Jer versions), I think 4/3 is the best.

You definitely got a great one in Atlanta, but I couldn't begin to compare it with 4/8/72.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds