• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148531 2 years, 6 months ago
OKAY, you guys wanted to hurt me and you have. I am not Allen Sun and I am sorry u all think I am an asshole amongst other things and I am sorry you won't have the chance to realize I am not. I did act poorly when I ran, I just saw my money fly out the window again. I was WRONG. I have no problem admitting to that. I was STUPID. But I have not lied yet. I was not endangering anyone else... I did get my ticket from a wheel chair person with whom I got my picture with and a few hugs. I am sorry if I called comeone "Pal" in the wrong way. I really do not dance poorly and the truth is, even if you didn't see it, many people were getting harassed and booted by security for small things. I am sorry that my post caused so much negativity. I do believe that the Beacon is a beautiful theater but not the best place to have a Dead show. I do believe the security was unduly aggressive. Feel the way you want about me, and if you want me out... I will leave. Goodbye folks, sorry again!
gvanman
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1541

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148599 2 years, 6 months ago
now I feel bad. Sorry for havin' fun at your expense. I apoligize. But one thing, you said you did indeed run. And that you didn't lie. Wasn't the running out on the third incident?
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148619 2 years, 6 months ago
McGanahanSkjellyfetti wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness


I have to ask you to let go of the ticket thing. Its not the "wrong thing" to spend your hard earned money the way you see fit. Stop acting like you are a better person than me or someone else cuz you wont Pay more than face for a ticket. That has nothing to do with being good or bad, right or wrong. I "weep" for you if you judge someone on what price they pay for a concert ticket. Im sure you realize how absurd and childish that is, right? Not trying to get nasty man, but really ive already said i buy tickets however i need to if i want to go. So everytime you make these statements i take them as you personally telling me what a horrible person i am for spending my own money how i please. Does that make sense? Do you think that is ok?
if you dont like my opinions dont read them the reason you take it personal is deep down you know its wrong your just trying to justify it by repeating it over and over. i will not be censored by you or anyone else


You shouldn't have to worry about your opinions being censored. Your opinions make good sense. If you come here trying to rationalize your support of ticket scalpers you're going to be met with resistance. If the run at the Beacon doesn't point out there's a problem then I don't know what would. I think there's a consensus here that there was some back room deals being made to allow certain commerce to happen. Unfortunately Beacon management, ticketmaster, stub hug (and scalpers in general), as well as the nitrous mafia don't share the ideals of our scene, and see us as easy pickings. Just like the NYPD does.
Sad, but true, you get taken to jail if you're smoking a joint on the street, but if you want to fall down sucking nitrous on city property, being vended by a bunch of goons shouting "ice cold, get 'em here" that seems to be ok with the NYPD/city of New York. Please, don't support nitrous mafia and ticket scalpers.


I'm not trying to censor anybody, I asked politely, you declined, end of story. Relax. I can't censor or make anyone do anything. And I sure as shit do not need to justify what I do with my money to anyone. I will leave one more thought on the subject. If you consider scalping so bad, why do you not place the blame on the band? You must realize that they know this will happen if they play small places, especially in NY. They played MSG on a Friday n Saturday and there was plenty of tickets for all. Even at Radio City there may have been enough tickets. The fact is, the band understands that this is a business, they have for a long time now. They set up an 8 night run, knowing that tickets would be at a premium. One reason why TXRoads has adopted a ticketing system like at Levon's Rambles. The factis I am not placing blame on the band or anybody else. Business is supply and demand. If you think Furthur or GD should live in a special bubble outside of that, then why shouldn't the band themselves? They sure sell enough shit, so it's obvious they are not against making a buck. So until you want to place some of the blame on the band, you do not make any sense in your argument. If I enable scalping, then the band does as well to a greater degree. Do you disagree?
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
deadegad
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1541

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148620 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm a native New Yorker and I know workers in the Parks Department who clean Verdi Square (72nd St. Subway stop) 2x daily and they are not pleased by all of those balloons they have to clean up the morning after. It is hard work!

If you are a Balloon Head you are seriously jeopardizing the Band's ability to play NYC venues.

Seriously.

This no joke!

Don't Do It!

. Period.

You are fucking the band and your fellow fans . . ..

As an aside: I find it ironic, and breathtakingly hypocritical, that the fans of a band who are known to have a strong sense of community to each other and the earth's environment in relation to climate change; et. al. , can so callously disregard 'The Scene' and environment, and the their fellow man who have to clean up after them.

If you believe in Carbon Footprints( and even if that's a dubious phrase,plain old still litter sucks) and you are supporting the Scummy Nitrous Mafia, well, you are a big part of the problem.

If you throw those balloons down and leave them -- You Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show Phil, Bob, Furthur and the people who clean up the environment that so many espouse platitudinous concerns for more respect!

*ends lecturing rant*
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Bakes
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148631 2 years, 6 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
McGanahanSkjellyfetti wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness


I have to ask you to let go of the ticket thing. Its not the "wrong thing" to spend your hard earned money the way you see fit. Stop acting like you are a better person than me or someone else cuz you wont Pay more than face for a ticket. That has nothing to do with being good or bad, right or wrong. I "weep" for you if you judge someone on what price they pay for a concert ticket. Im sure you realize how absurd and childish that is, right? Not trying to get nasty man, but really ive already said i buy tickets however i need to if i want to go. So everytime you make these statements i take them as you personally telling me what a horrible person i am for spending my own money how i please. Does that make sense? Do you think that is ok?
if you dont like my opinions dont read them the reason you take it personal is deep down you know its wrong your just trying to justify it by repeating it over and over. i will not be censored by you or anyone else


You shouldn't have to worry about your opinions being censored. Your opinions make good sense. If you come here trying to rationalize your support of ticket scalpers you're going to be met with resistance. If the run at the Beacon doesn't point out there's a problem then I don't know what would. I think there's a consensus here that there was some back room deals being made to allow certain commerce to happen. Unfortunately Beacon management, ticketmaster, stub hug (and scalpers in general), as well as the nitrous mafia don't share the ideals of our scene, and see us as easy pickings. Just like the NYPD does.
Sad, but true, you get taken to jail if you're smoking a joint on the street, but if you want to fall down sucking nitrous on city property, being vended by a bunch of goons shouting "ice cold, get 'em here" that seems to be ok with the NYPD/city of New York. Please, don't support nitrous mafia and ticket scalpers.


I'm not trying to censor anybody, I asked politely, you declined, end of story. Relax. I can't censor or make anyone do anything. And I sure as shit do not need to justify what I do with my money to anyone. I will leave one more thought on the subject. If you consider scalping so bad, why do you not place the blame on the band? You must realize that they know this will happen if they play small places, especially in NY. They played MSG on a Friday n Saturday and there was plenty of tickets for all. Even at Radio City there may have been enough tickets. The fact is, the band understands that this is a business, they have for a long time now. They set up an 8 night run, knowing that tickets would be at a premium. One reason why TXRoads has adopted a ticketing system like at Levon's Rambles. The factis I am not placing blame on the band or anybody else. Business is supply and demand. If you think Furthur or GD should live in a special bubble outside of that, then why shouldn't the band themselves? They sure sell enough shit, so it's obvious they are not against making a buck. So until you want to place some of the blame on the band, you do not make any sense in your argument. If I enable scalping, then the band does as well to a greater degree. Do you disagree?
last i checked the band wasnt paying for scalped tickets your never going to change my opinion so stop wasting your time,you seem like a nice guy let it go between me and you all ready
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1266

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148666 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm not trying to change your mind. Listen, I didn't start this. This thread was about a guy getting thrown out for dancing. Then it moved to nitrous. I believe it was you who decided to bring up scalping in this thread first. Also, I feel like any conversation where someone doesn't like something, your response is along the lines of "just like scalping if you don't enable them..." You need to let it go since you brought it up and bring it up in many threads even when that is not the issue being discussed.

Also, the band doesn't buy the tickets, obviously they are at the show already. Are you really saying that the band, this band or any other, has no hand in scalping? I am not trying to say they make extra money or any conspiracy, nothing silly like that. But rather that the decisions they make are ones that enable scalping just as much if not more than the people buying them. If you are even in denial of that, then there is nothing else I can say. That is quite an easy to grasp, somewhat indisputable line of reasoning. If the band chose to play larger venues, 90% of scalping would go away. Only people that really wanted to be close to the stage would need to scalp if they weren't lucky when they went on sale. Obviously, the band should be able to play wherever it chooses, but those choices have an impact on the ticketing situation. Quite clearly.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148670 2 years, 6 months ago
blah blah blah i will voice my opinion whenever where ever i feel like it you dont like too bad dont read it. i asked you to let it go but yet you continue to keep bugging me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Tom Banjo
Visitor

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148731 2 years, 6 months ago
Okay folks... one last thing to say. For those who supported me, I love you... and for those who didn't support me, I love you too because in my mind, you guys made assumption without knowing me and without knowing the truth. Like the incorrect assmption that I lied about where I got my ticket and the fact that I did nothing wrong. And for that, I can understand even if I don't agree. And not to piss anyone off any further, but I love you all cuz you are all awesome people to folks other than me. Sorry for the post, I promise never to post again.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by .
Tom Banjo
Visitor

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148733 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh yea, I didn't start the Vending thing, the showing up without a ticket thing, or the nitrous thing. I do think that it is a crazy scene and I am astonished that the selling of nitrous is okay, but being in the aisle is not. And if I am bugging anyone, don't continue to read... no one, especially me, is forcing you to!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3204
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148735 2 years, 6 months ago
Tom Banjo- I haven't read this dribble nor do I intend to insert myself in theis mess, but I really don't feel a need for anyone to leave the forum based on one thread. Although you used some stong language through out. Whadidyaexpect ?!!?

Tell more jokes and we should all be able to get a long just fine. Geezz Guys ! If they stop playing the Beacon it won't be on your call, it will be on theirs or the NYPD. Over some Ballons ??? C'mon !!! I mean Dancing....or was it the scalpers?

I found the negetive vibe cloud.

~lol
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds