• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148429 2 years, 3 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness

I have to ask you to let go of the ticket thing. Its not the "wrong thing" to spend your hard earned money the way you see fit. Stop acting like you are a better person than me or someone else cuz you wont Pay more than face for a ticket. That has nothing to do with being good or bad, right or wrong. I "weep" for you if you judge someone on what price they pay for a concert ticket. Im sure you realize how absurd and childish that is, right? Not trying to get nasty man, but really ive already said i buy tickets however i need to if i want to go. So everytime you make these statements i take them as you personally telling me what a horrible person i am for spending my own money how i please. Does that make sense? Do you think that is ok?
if you dont like my opinions dont read them the reason you take it personal is deep down you know its wrong your just trying to justify it by repeating it over and over. i will not be censored by you or anyone else
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Dstruck
Fresh Boarder

#148475 2 years, 3 months ago
This thread was supposed to be about Furthur's not playing the Beacon. I have my opinions on that, and I say take the shows back to MSG. I saw some interesting happenings last night. For example how was the nitrous mafia thriving outside the 72nd St. subway station, on the north side of 72nd. That is city property, and right out in the open. After their little party there were balloons strewn all over the little plaza where they'd been. I may be straying from the subject, although I have to wonder how this was happening, and no cops around? At the very least they're vending on city property without what I'd guess is no vendors license.

Now how this ties in with ticket scalping is if you support scalpers, they continue to thrive. If you support the nitrous mafia you allow them to contiune to thrive, and they care nothing about this community other than taking your hard earned cash.
The nitrous mafia doesn't care if there are any more shows at the Beacon, and from what I saw I'd say the local neighborhood is going to frown up our presence there, as we allow the nitrous people to continue to thrive. And for the record I like nitrous, but didn't like what I saw last night, and I won't support them.

It's quite simple, if you don't like something, don't support it, as oftentimes it's something that doesn't help our scene. It's not a personal attack, it's just the way it is.[/quote]

Actually this thread was started by someone who claimed that the beacon theater would not let us dance and if you did you would get thrown out. He has been exposed as a fraud. And if furthur wants to play in my backyard every week they are more than welcome. The Beacon is not a free for all but if you use your head and keep your wits about you a good time is in store for you and 3000 of you friends.
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder

#148504 2 years, 3 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Sugaree1 wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness

I have to ask you to let go of the ticket thing. Its not the "wrong thing" to spend your hard earned money the way you see fit. Stop acting like you are a better person than me or someone else cuz you wont Pay more than face for a ticket. That has nothing to do with being good or bad, right or wrong. I "weep" for you if you judge someone on what price they pay for a concert ticket. Im sure you realize how absurd and childish that is, right? Not trying to get nasty man, but really ive already said i buy tickets however i need to if i want to go. So everytime you make these statements i take them as you personally telling me what a horrible person i am for spending my own money how i please. Does that make sense? Do you think that is ok?
if you dont like my opinions dont read them the reason you take it personal is deep down you know its wrong your just trying to justify it by repeating it over and over. i will not be censored by you or anyone else

You shouldn't have to worry about your opinions being censored. Your opinions make good sense. If you come here trying to rationalize your support of ticket scalpers you're going to be met with resistance. If the run at the Beacon doesn't point out there's a problem then I don't know what would. I think there's a consensus here that there was some back room deals being made to allow certain commerce to happen. Unfortunately Beacon management, ticketmaster, stub hug (and scalpers in general), as well as the nitrous mafia don't share the ideals of our scene, and see us as easy pickings. Just like the NYPD does.
Sad, but true, you get taken to jail if you're smoking a joint on the street, but if you want to fall down sucking nitrous on city property, being vended by a bunch of goons shouting "ice cold, get 'em here" that seems to be ok with the NYPD/city of New York. Please, don't support nitrous mafia and ticket scalpers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder

#148506 2 years, 3 months ago
I'd like to add on more thing here, and I'm just one voice, not trying to speak for everyone. I would vote that Furthur does not play the Beacon any more. It's a beautiful, intimate venue, but too small for the monster that is Furthur when they hit NYC. I prefer MSG over the Beacon. The lure of seeing Furthur in New York is too much for them to play such a small venue. Again, just my opinion. And MSG provides more room for people who can't dance without infringing on others. I think that addresses what this thread was about.
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#148508 2 years, 3 months ago
[quote="Dstruck" post=148118]Yes indeed. 1st set. Security was kicking him out near the back door and he had the brilliant idea to run back towards the lobby. Needless to say the staff was not too happy[/ quote]

We were right there towards the back when security went to toss him & then went after him. We all started laughing a lil & said "3 nights in a row?!" Some people don't learn their lesson: I got my tix ripped the 1st nite for (what I thought was) surreptiously lughting up & I wouldn't even take a hit inside the next 3 nites: I worked too hard to score my tix & I was there to see the band, so I complied.
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#148517 2 years, 3 months ago
McGanahanSkjellyfetti wrote:
Sad, but true, you get taken to jail if you're smoking a joint on the street, but if you want to fall down sucking nitrous on city property, being vended by a bunch of goons shouting "ice cold, get 'em here" that seems to be ok with the NYPD/city of New York. Please, don't support nitrous mafia and ticket scalpers.

Thank you, well put. These days in NYC you will spend the night in jail for smoking mother nature on the street but obviously someone got paid off to let the nitrous mafia do what they were doing. Downright shocking how out in the open they were.

I went to the 4/15 show. The Estimated-Mtn Song-St Stephen-Born Cross Eyed-Let It Grow-Morning Dew was epic. Phil gave a heartfelt donor rap. Phil is 72 years old, he's a musical genius, he's given so much to all of us, he's imploring people to give back, and be an organ donor, he's giving thanks to the guy who gave him a new lease on life so he can enjoy his remaining years and share his gift of music with us, the band plays a quickie JBGoode encore because it's almost 11:30, I walk out into the NYC night, it's 70 degrees, all the deadheads are smiling, it's been a truly great experience, and a block away there's goons who obviously have absolutely no connection with The Grateful Dead Experience openly hawking a chemical gas to deprive peoples brains of oxygen for a quick buzz. They're pushing these freaking balloons right in our faces. Do they think we're all pathetic junkies? Horrible Buzzkill. The show is over.

This shit has no place in our scene. How did it get associated with great improvisational music? No apologies to anyone who I may offend but....

.....I won't babble on any longer. Hope someone gets the point.

Peace out
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, kevin
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#148521 2 years, 3 months ago
kevin wrote:
furthur640 wrote:
furthur640 wrote:
DarkEyes wrote:
Hey Tom Banjo.....AKA Allen Sun,
You are a FUCKING liar. I saw security toss you last night from the floor for dancing like an asshole. You are as graceful as a bull in a china shop. Your quote "I will walk alone, along the Black Muddy River" is perfect for you as you have no friends. I saw your Facebook page and go figure every picture you are by yourself.

STOP DANCING LIKE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Right on darkeyes been to well over 200+ shows and never got kicked out, not even threatened to be kicked out. Last night 4/13 was off the hook see you all tonight

That dude got kicked out again really

again ????
there goes credibility

Tom Banjo is NOT ALLEN SUN.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#148524 2 years, 3 months ago
Wow I am shocked and disappointed at the negativity here. First off, Tom Banjo is NOT a fraud and he is NOT ALLEN SUN. Secondly, I know many people who WENT to the Beacon and saw people get harassed by security. I did NOT get booted 3 times.. only twice. The second time was because I was not able to get to my seat since people were there.. I was told 3 times and then received the boot. So I am an aweful person! I will tell you that in both experiences, the people around me stood up for me. They were NICE dead heads. My name on Facebook is Weepy Willow. Peace, in this very negative forum.
(~)
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#148526 2 years, 3 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
DarkEyes wrote:
I know who you are!! Wow you dance like an asshole with no regard for those around you! I have personally tossed you from dancing in front of me at Best Buy - Phil's Birthday show and at RCMH - Owlsley tribute night, for dancing in the aisle right in front of me. You have no regard for those around you. Being part of a community means respect for others in the community. I saw you on Monday Beacon show bothering people on both sides of the aisle with legitimate seats before you eventually got tossed by security. We all love to dance and get into the music, but please have respect for others.
My friends and I refer to you as "Get The Fuck Out of Here!". Try and have more respect for others and maybe you won't get ejected from shows or have such a horrific nickname.

x2 You danced like right on top me(I was at those shows) not cool man. Not saying how to dance but this is not a club and don't want to be "gridned" on or anything like that, please respect a persons space.

WRONG! Because I was not at the Best Buy - Phil's Birthday show and at RCMH - Owlsley tribute night... NOT me. I am NOT ALLEN!
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#148527 2 years, 3 months ago
DarkEyes wrote:
Hey Tom Banjo.....AKA Allen Sun,
You are a FUCKING liar. I saw security toss you last night from the floor for dancing like an asshole. You are as graceful as a bull in a china shop. Your quote "I will walk alone, along the Black Muddy River" is perfect for you as you have no friends. I saw your Facebook page and go figure every picture you are by yourself.

STOP DANCING LIKE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Well that might be true if I was ALLEN SUN> However since the premise of your arguement is FALSE, the rest of your arguement is moot.
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds