• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148030 2 years, 6 months ago
seriously??
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Posts:395
Mr. Charlie

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148051 2 years, 6 months ago
I need to see a video of this freak
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
Dstruck
Fresh Boarder
Posts:9

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148118 2 years, 6 months ago
Yes indeed. 1st set. Security was kicking him out near the back door and he had the brilliant idea to run back towards the lobby. Needless to say the staff was not too happy. I went to have a cigartette outside and had a conversation with him. He tried to give me a sob story about how they were singling him out because he is Asian, but due to my diligent research I knew exactly who he was. I then informed him that he was singled out because he is an asshole. And being an asshole is the reason why he was not wanted by the beacon staff as well as the community. And i told him that his antics and behavior reflect bad on us all. What a self centered selfish motherfucker. This guy. Argh. Good job Mr. Banjo any sympathy that you were reaching for should be revoked forever. What a jerkoff
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder
Posts:943

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148126 2 years, 6 months ago
coming from someone who traveled from NC had to give my thursday away and got shut out friday and saturday after waiting for hours...please play the beacon again...tonight was spectacular the sound was incredible and i had a blast...just my 2 cents i would easily make the trip up to the beacon again
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148152 2 years, 6 months ago
Dstruck wrote:
Yes indeed. 1st set. Security was kicking him out near the back door and he had the brilliant idea to run back towards the lobby. Needless to say the staff was not too happy. I went to have a cigartette outside and had a conversation with him. He tried to give me a sob story about how they were singling him out because he is Asian, but due to my diligent research I knew exactly who he was. I then informed him that he was singled out because he is an asshole. And being an asshole is the reason why he was not wanted by the beacon staff as well as the community. And i told him that his antics and behavior reflect bad on us all. What a self centered selfish motherfucker. This guy. Argh. Good job Mr. Banjo any sympathy that you were reaching for should be revoked forever. What a jerkoff


that's fucking great. what an idiot. must have a nice chunk of change to keep spending 75 bucks to see 30 minutes of music. what is amazing is that he doesn't learn his lesson. the worst part is that his behavior is unacceptable and he doesn't realize it, even now. i remember people grabbing him by the neck at the best buy over a year ago telling him to "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE" and that was fans, not even security.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
gvanman
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1541

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148284 2 years, 6 months ago
from what Iv'e heard, that IS fucking great! It's really hard to believe, but i do, that he got booted for a third night. Somebody please find a video of this guy. I'm at work and can't do it. I need a good laugh right about now.
kevin
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3355

BREAKING NEWS-TOM BANJO ARRIVES AT THE BEACON !!!

#148312 2 years, 6 months ago
-- smell every flower --
Dstruck
Fresh Boarder
Posts:9

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148320 2 years, 6 months ago
One other interesting tidbit from my conversation with him was that he said he got kicked while he was dancing in the handicapped accessible seats. He said that he bought his handicapped ticket for face outside the venue that night. Sounds like yet another tall tale. But I could be wrong haha.
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder
Posts:194

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148380 2 years, 6 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness


I have to ask you to let go of the ticket thing. Its not the "wrong thing" to spend your hard earned money the way you see fit. Stop acting like you are a better person than me or someone else cuz you wont Pay more than face for a ticket. That has nothing to do with being good or bad, right or wrong. I "weep" for you if you judge someone on what price they pay for a concert ticket. Im sure you realize how absurd and childish that is, right? Not trying to get nasty man, but really ive already said i buy tickets however i need to if i want to go. So everytime you make these statements i take them as you personally telling me what a horrible person i am for spending my own money how i please. Does that make sense? Do you think that is ok?


This thread was supposed to be about Furthur's not playing the Beacon. I have my opinions on that, and I say take the shows back to MSG. I saw some interesting happenings last night. For example how was the nitrous mafia thriving outside the 72nd St. subway station, on the north side of 72nd. That is city property, and right out in the open. After their little party there were balloons strewn all over the little plaza where they'd been. I may be straying from the subject, although I have to wonder how this was happening, and no cops around? At the very least they're vending on city property without what I'd guess is no vendors license.

Now how this ties in with ticket scalping is if you support scalpers, they continue to thrive. If you support the nitrous mafia you allow them to contiune to thrive, and they care nothing about this community other than taking your hard earned cash.
The nitrous mafia doesn't care if there are any more shows at the Beacon, and from what I saw I'd say the local neighborhood is going to frown up our presence there, as we allow the nitrous people to continue to thrive. And for the record I like nitrous, but didn't like what I saw last night, and I won't support them.

It's quite simple, if you don't like something, don't support it, as oftentimes it's something that doesn't help our scene. It's not a personal attack, it's just the way it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, wlewis
McGanahanSkjellyfetti
Junior Boarder
Posts:194

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#148383 2 years, 6 months ago
Tom Banjo wrote:
furthur640 wrote:
I can not believe someone got kicked out for dancing, I was there both nights and will be there tonight and i danced at my seat no problem, has not been my favorite spot on the last few tours. Not to be rude but i did here one person talking about being kicked out for dancing,but that was the same guy from the first night that was running around outside the beacon screaming how he ate to much acid and he was so fucked up, taunting the Security guards at the back door, I see this guy at local nyc shows wigjam or reflections and he is always a mess. So i don't know im not gonna say furthur should not play there. I'm sorry that happened to you man I had a blast so much fun killer scarlet>fire


Ha! Furthur640... I am a much better dancer than you and I am in more control that you are, and I am loved more than you ever will be. If you can see me at shows and come off with the opinion that you have, then you got some serious problems pal. I am freidns with both bands you mentioned and both bands have told me how much I inspire them... that is because I don't miss a beat! I know the music better than you ever will. I understand the music better than you ever will. By the things you say, I can only imagine that you are a fake dead head. BTW, the security guards whom I was supposed hassling were actually buddies of mine and I was joking every time I passed them. And the security at near the smoking section respected me too, because I did not try to get back in. And when the show was over, they told me this! If fact, I had a real good time hanging with my friends in the back... I have more friends in this circle than you have in life pal! SO for you to come out with such a bad view of me only speaks poorly of yourself. People know that I dance well, that I am ever loving... and are you harshing on me for going around telling people I love them. Well I can tell you that I get 2-3 shows per week and every show I go to whether large scale or local, people come up to me and tell me how much I have made them smile, or how much I rock etc... NO one but your stupid ass, has ever given me negativity! Maybe you should to listen to Duran Duran or Culture Club bro, because we got no room for you at the shows no more... we only have room for loving dead heads and hippies. As stupid as you are dude, I love you too and there aint nothing you can do about that!


You have more friends in this circle than someone else? It's obvious you're building on your list of friends here on this board.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds