• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
furthur640
Fresh Boarder

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#146927 2 years, 6 months ago
furthur640 wrote:
DarkEyes wrote:
Hey Tom Banjo.....AKA Allen Sun,
You are a FUCKING liar. I saw security toss you last night from the floor for dancing like an asshole. You are as graceful as a bull in a china shop. Your quote "I will walk alone, along the Black Muddy River" is perfect for you as you have no friends. I saw your Facebook page and go figure every picture you are by yourself.

STOP DANCING LIKE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Right on darkeyes been to well over 200+ shows and never got kicked out, not even threatened to be kicked out. Last night 4/13 was off the hook see you all tonight

That dude got kicked out again really
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#146936 2 years, 6 months ago
furthur640 wrote:
furthur640 wrote:
DarkEyes wrote:
Hey Tom Banjo.....AKA Allen Sun,
You are a FUCKING liar. I saw security toss you last night from the floor for dancing like an asshole. You are as graceful as a bull in a china shop. Your quote "I will walk alone, along the Black Muddy River" is perfect for you as you have no friends. I saw your Facebook page and go figure every picture you are by yourself.

STOP DANCING LIKE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Right on darkeyes been to well over 200+ shows and never got kicked out, not even threatened to be kicked out. Last night 4/13 was off the hook see you all tonight

That dude got kicked out again really

again ????
there goes credibility
-- smell every flower --
furthur640
Fresh Boarder

#146959 2 years, 6 months ago
again i been 200+ and never tossed you have to do something wrong to get tossed we all know this
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#146960 2 years, 6 months ago
i'm sorry but if he was booted again that is just fucking hilarious
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#147034 2 years, 6 months ago
Wow 2x TomBanjo and 4 more shows to go. You still have time to get a third strike, you know, like a convicted felon. You go dude!

Still the Beacon is to small for this band if doing a 'Residency.'

I hope they figure out something better for next year like all tickets come form GDTS. Sure scalpers will mail to.

Maybe a line up at the door the day of?
Helen A Bucket
Junior Boarder

#147043 2 years, 6 months ago

out of touch for who? I was quoting the band, not your free loading self. If you are as happy being in the lot as opposed to being inside the show, you have made your point loud and clear. If you need to "acquire the goods which mark you as loyal to the band", you have made your point loud and clear.

Evidently not, since none of that is what I said or meant.

I really appreciate your attitude. You don't know anything about me, but I assure you, you would withhold the insults. Who's a freeloader? I acquire my tickets fairly and freely, and no, I am quite unhappy on the few instances where I have been left out.
I'm perfectly aware of what you're quoting. I saw it on '95 tour, and it was, as I said, a kick to the gut. If I had taken this seriously, I would never have been a Deadhead.

I don't need to "acquire goods, etc" but a lot of people do. There are unique crafted items available on Shakedown and no where else, and these items go out into the world to enhance the culture and promote the band. The money made there, my point was, filters to the band and is arguably the economic fuel which kept the Dead so sustainable for so long. There were of course other aspects that I won't go into.

Barlow said, "If you make art, and people don't understand it, it's worthless. If people start understanding it, how much of the ownership belongs to them?" That sums up how I feel about the issue. The band, and the fans, are symbiotic. Vending fans are contributing a great deal of their earnings to the band. More than that, a marketplace has always been a center of culture, and Shakedown is a lot of what distinguishes us from fans of other types of music. It's ours. We have a stake in it, and in the choices the band makes. Ultimately, it is our energy and resources that allow it happen at all, and yes, my "freeloading self" has spent thousands of dollars on tickets. I have also been gifted tickets in wonderful ways, and those are most special memories.

As far as the band's sentiments...well, there was a lot of dark stuff going on then, and they were right to be alarmed. They were musicians staring down a potential Altamount at every stadium show that year. They were upset and afraid. I respect that. I don't go for gate-crashing. Every show I have attended with a legitimate ticket. Gate-crashing is dangerous and unfair to others.

I still feel that the wrong scapegoats were being blamed. This message did not address the real problem, which was not caused by vendors or people "attracted" by them. The real problem was that it was too big, too many people wanted in, and the vibe was overwhelming. In retrospect, too, I think there were shock waves from what was about to happen. The scene died in pace with Jerry.

When I say "out of touch" I don't mean disrespect. I have a deep and abiding love for all the signatories of that letter, all of them are magical musicians and fine people who did and do a lot for the world. Yet the band has a different vantage, necessarily isolated, from the fans, and I disagree with the way they approached this. The only people who would take such a message to heart are the people who weren't really a problem in the first place. Sometimes I disagree with a song they play too. It's okay. We can disagree without disrespecting each other.

You can insult me, but you have clearly misconstrued what I have to say, and rushed to assumptions. You might remember that you might be talking to anyone here, so you might reserve your judgment and maybe open your mind.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Helen A Bucket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, 23atwell
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#147120 2 years, 6 months ago
My initial reaction was to be sympathetic to tom banjo but after reading this I think he may be dangerously unhinged, delusions of grandeur and narcisism are warning signs of underlying illness.

Back in the day the dead used have huge problems with dancing restictions in SF elsewhere but that was a way of controlling the youth of the day, but if other heads think you are over doing it you probaly are. I dance hard every tiime but have never had a problem but I think the bay area is more chill with regards to he scene. The security out here knows that we are not dangerous.
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#147537 2 years, 6 months ago
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#147566 2 years, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
it s not about dancing being dangerous itsabout being obnoxious,annoying your fellow concert goers and blocking the aisles,which like it or not need to be clear in case of an emergency,like i said earlier the twilers and the "wild " dancers are welcome and they always relegated themselves to the areas that wer open so they had room to do their thing without bothering anyone else,some people think a show is an excuse to have a free for all its not its a minicommunity and we all need to get along in it,this aint rocket science.as for vending ,vending to get from show to show is okay but the people who basicly show up to just sell and take money out of the community arent welcome,just like scalpers if you dont buy from them they will go away. i weap for anyone who is paying 200 bucks for a ticket,you may think its worth it too YOU but you hurt EVERYONE else when you do it.doing the right thing isnt always easy thats why evil does such a booming buisness

I have to ask you to let go of the ticket thing. Its not the "wrong thing" to spend your hard earned money the way you see fit. Stop acting like you are a better person than me or someone else cuz you wont Pay more than face for a ticket. That has nothing to do with being good or bad, right or wrong. I "weep" for you if you judge someone on what price they pay for a concert ticket. Im sure you realize how absurd and childish that is, right? Not trying to get nasty man, but really ive already said i buy tickets however i need to if i want to go. So everytime you make these statements i take them as you personally telling me what a horrible person i am for spending my own money how i please. Does that make sense? Do you think that is ok?
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Dstruck
Fresh Boarder

#147921 2 years, 6 months ago
Striiiiiiiiiike three.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds