• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
p,b n j
Fresh Boarder
peace is quiet

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#146171 2 years, 6 months ago
NOKIA!!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#146172 2 years, 6 months ago
DANCE BATTLE!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#146176 2 years, 6 months ago
How bout a mosh pit at furthur shows.
If that happens I will personally avoid it, but hey, whatever works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
Helen A Bucket
Junior Boarder

#146250 2 years, 6 months ago
kevin wrote:
If you don't have a ticket, don't come. This is real. This is first a music concert, not a free-for-all party. Secondly, don't vend. Vending attracts people without tickets. Many of the people without tickets have no responsibility or obligation to our scene. They don't give a shit. They act like idiots. They think it's just a party to get as trashed as possible at. We're all supposed to be about higher consciousness, not drunken stupidity

umm, yeah....

This was out of touch then, it is out of touch now. Vending pays for tickets, fuel, and the other necessities that make supporting the band possible for the most Deadicated fans. It attracts people with a little cash to spend, and provides a secondary reason to go out of the way for shows. Shakedown is the heart of the culture, where we bond with each other and acquire the goods which mark us as loyal to the band.
"People without tickets" is a floating point. I almost never have tickets when I arrive. Life is too unpredictable. I always intend to get them, whether through miracle (someone treating me to a paid-for ticket), trade, or purchase second-hand or via box. In any event, at some point I redeem a legitimate ticket and that ticket benefits the band like any other. Gate-crashing is one thing, and I do not support it, but this felt like a kick in the gut.
There are people causing trouble, but ticketlessness is not the common thread. Drunkenness might be a big part of it...but I see the worst of that inside, where open containers slosh freely all over my feet.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Helen A Bucket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#146256 2 years, 6 months ago
Helen A Bucket wrote:
kevin wrote:
If you don't have a ticket, don't come. This is real. This is first a music concert, not a free-for-all party. Secondly, don't vend. Vending attracts people without tickets. Many of the people without tickets have no responsibility or obligation to our scene. They don't give a shit. They act like idiots. They think it's just a party to get as trashed as possible at. We're all supposed to be about higher consciousness, not drunken stupidity

umm, yeah....

This was out of touch then, it is out of touch now. Vending pays for tickets, fuel, and the other necessities that make supporting the band possible for the most Deadicated fans. It attracts people with a little cash to spend, and provides a secondary reason to go out of the way for shows. Shakedown is the heart of the culture, where we bond with each other and acquire the goods which mark us as loyal to the band.
"People without tickets" is a floating point. I almost never have tickets when I arrive. Life is too unpredictable. I always intend to get them, whether through miracle (someone treating me to a paid-for ticket), trade, or purchase second-hand or via box. In any event, at some point I redeem a legitimate ticket and that ticket benefits the band like any other. Gate-crashing is one thing, and I do not support it, but this felt like a kick in the gut.
There are people causing trouble, but ticketlessness is not the common thread. Drunkenness might be a big part of it...but I see the worst of that inside, where open containers slosh freely all over my feet.

Arriving without tickets is part of the way we do it and there are lots of people on this board who don't know shit about what the Grateful Dead were about and what furthur is about! Vending and buying/selling tix is part of the experience. I love to grant miracles and some of the gratest memories are of granting miracles to people who have come across the country to see the band and music they love with all their hearts!
DarkEyes
Junior Boarder

#146272 2 years, 6 months ago
I know who you are!! Wow you dance like an asshole with no regard for those around you! I have personally tossed you from dancing in front of me at Best Buy - Phil's Birthday show and at RCMH - Owlsley tribute night, for dancing in the aisle right in front of me. You have no regard for those around you. Being part of a community means respect for others in the community. I saw you on Monday Beacon show bothering people on both sides of the aisle with legitimate seats before you eventually got tossed by security. We all love to dance and get into the music, but please have respect for others.
My friends and I refer to you as "Get The Fuck Out of Here!". Try and have more respect for others and maybe you won't get ejected from shows or have such a horrific nickname.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Cub, gddave, GreatestStoryEverTold, kevin, 23atwell, furthur640
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#146275 2 years, 6 months ago
DarkEyes wrote:
I know who you are!! Wow you dance like an asshole with no regard for those around you! I have personally tossed you from dancing in front of me at Best Buy - Phil's Birthday show and at RCMH - Owlsley tribute night, for dancing in the aisle right in front of me. You have no regard for those around you. Being part of a community means respect for others in the community. I saw you on Monday Beacon show bothering people on both sides of the aisle with legitimate seats before you eventually got tossed by security. We all love to dance and get into the music, but please have respect for others.
My friends and I refer to you as "Get The Fuck Out of Here!". Try and have more respect for others and maybe you won't get ejected from shows or have such a horrific nickname.

x2 You danced like right on top me(I was at those shows) not cool man. Not saying how to dance but this is not a club and don't want to be "gridned" on or anything like that, please respect a persons space.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by GreatestStoryEverTold.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#146289 2 years, 6 months ago
for starters im not your pal ,second i merely asked a question,third how do fit thru doors with such a big head.As for knowing the music etc ive been a fan since 1980 were you even alive then? your the one with the problems check your ego at the door budy,you say your about peace but yet your spouting all kinds of hate and animosity. i suggest you get your head out of your ass and join the rest of us here on earth.
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#146291 2 years, 6 months ago
Tom Banjo wrote:
Helen A Bucket wrote:
kevin wrote:

umm, yeah....

Arriving without tickets is part of the way we do it and there are lots of people on this board who don't know shit about what the Grateful Dead were about and what furthur is about! Vending and buying/selling tix is part of the experience. I love to grant miracles and some of the gratest memories are of granting miracles to people who have come across the country to see the band and music they love with all their hearts!
no it means your a self centered jerk who only cares about himself, people like you who know better THAN THE BAND? are what destroyed the scene in the late 90's .
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#146292 2 years, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
for starters im not your pal ,second i merely asked a question,third how do fit thru doors with such a big head.As for knowing the music etc ive been a fan since 1980 were you even alive then? your the one with the problems check your ego at the door budy,you say your about peace but yet your spouting all kinds of hate and animosity. i suggest you get your head out of your ass and join the rest of us here on earth.

No he was not alive then LOL. Your were seeing the dead when he was sh*ttin diapers
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds