• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

Re: GUYS YOU REALLY HAVE TO STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#145271 2 years, 6 months ago
That sucks! I would assume you got an idiot usher who took it upon himself to give people a hard time, however. I saw no evidence they were against dancing in general. They do kick you out for smoking, arguing with them, etc, so you do have to be careful. Some ushers start weirding out after the billionth time of someone being in the wrong seats, etc. The guard next to me in Albany last fall was seriously man handling people after getting fed up.

I also seriously doubt Furthur would be banned from NYC venues, especially the Garden. NYC deals with a lot of activities good and bad and they just deal with it. The only external problem I've seen at these shows is the tanks after the shows...
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#145281 2 years, 6 months ago
I agree. I think the Beacon is a nice venue but I find it too cramped and poorly run. The place would be a death trap if anything bad were to happen. This band needs a larger venue and ticket sales in NYC surely prove that. I'm not down with the Beacon at all.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#145348 2 years, 6 months ago
theres dancing and then theres flaing about arms and legs going in every direction taking up a a whole aisle as for twirling kinda the same thing thats why the twirlers always stayed in the hallways.Im defending the action s of the beacon or critizing you just making an observation BTW werent you the same guy who wants them to stop playin the MANN in Philly?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#145364 2 years, 6 months ago
odd as it is NYC has a caberet law .clubs,bars,venues have to have a caberet license to allow dancing ,crazy i know but its on th books,i think its a throwback to the anti gay days they used it too bust up gaybars clubs
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
furthur640
Fresh Boarder

#145461 2 years, 6 months ago
I can not believe someone got kicked out for dancing, I was there both nights and will be there tonight and i danced at my seat no problem, has not been my favorite spot on the last few tours. Not to be rude but i did here one person talking about being kicked out for dancing,but that was the same guy from the first night that was running around outside the beacon screaming how he ate to much acid and he was so fucked up, taunting the Security guards at the back door, I see this guy at local nyc shows wigjam or reflections and he is always a mess. So i don't know im not gonna say furthur should not play there. I'm sorry that happened to you man I had a blast so much fun killer scarlet>fire
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by furthur640.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#145474 2 years, 6 months ago
That is a bummer about Radio City not wanting them back. If MSG does not want them -- were screwed. The Beacon is too small for Furthur especially it it is a residency as opposed to an actual tour.

The knuckleheads do poison the well though.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#145478 2 years, 6 months ago

By order of the City of New York, there will be NO Dancing Bears allowed inside!!
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#145822 2 years, 6 months ago
The ol' town just ain't been the same without the Palladium. It broke my heart when they turned it into a disco, then NYU finished the dastardly job by pulling the place down.

"HOWARD STEIN RESENTS THE GRATEFUL DEAD"

check out this link here and weep: streetsyoucrossed.blogspot.com/2005/07/y...ce-down-on-14th.html

The GD played a 7 night run here in late March 1972 when it was called the Academy of Music. Lots of one time only songs. And a 5 night run in April 1977. Capacity 3600-4000 depending on the source. I'll bet their reliving a lot of old memories this spring run.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: GUYS NEVER STOP PLAYING THE BEACON

#145948 2 years, 6 months ago
just add more cities so everyone gets the love, keep the people happy !!!
-- smell every flower --
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#146110 2 years, 6 months ago
furthur640 wrote:
I can not believe someone got kicked out for dancing, I was there both nights and will be there tonight and i danced at my seat no problem, has not been my favorite spot on the last few tours. Not to be rude but i did here one person talking about being kicked out for dancing,but that was the same guy from the first night that was running around outside the beacon screaming how he ate to much acid and he was so fucked up, taunting the Security guards at the back door, I see this guy at local nyc shows wigjam or reflections and he is always a mess. So i don't know im not gonna say furthur should not play there. I'm sorry that happened to you man I had a blast so much fun killer scarlet>fire

are you talking about the asian guy who never misses a beat?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds