• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/9/12 - Night o

#144255 2 years, 6 months ago
Welcome, Dstruck! And thanks so much to both you and Sugaree1 for helping get us the music tonight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster, teafortexas
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#144258 2 years, 6 months ago
Have fun everyone! I'm off to work so I'll be missing the play by play, but I think they're gonna bust this town wide open:P
Dstruck
Fresh Boarder

#144285 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for the warm welcome folks.
Happy to help out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#144287 2 years, 6 months ago
I have had a very bad day...just got back from my TAX accountant and I owe many thousands of dollars to the Feds and the NYS hoodlums and I am being audited too...good grief and just when I was getting ahead the man comes and slaps me back down.

However on a positive note I am looking forward to a grateful show 2night. Thanks to Chester, Sunshine Sue, and Furthur Flower, and all the rest of you for the updates and a real good time. Whoever provides these streams peace be upon you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Dstruck, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#144294 2 years, 6 months ago
Sorry to hear about that Zipster. I'm having some tax issues myself, but not getting audited. Man, taxes are a bummer all around.
I don't mind paying my share, but when they take the money, and waste so much of it, it gets frustrating.
But, hey! There's a show tonight. Lets lose ourselves in the music. Always makes me feel better.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster, 23atwell
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#144313 2 years, 6 months ago
I was audited about five years ago. I claimed a home office deduction. Had claimed it for several years but in 2007 the feds decided that was going to be their new red flag. Very nerve wracking but I actually ended up owing no additional tax. The trick was I had paper work to back up everything (phone bills, a measurement of the room in relation to the entire apartment). I also went back through my bank records for the year in question and tried to pinpoint every deposit. Also got copies of all my checks. Actually I'd have to say that the woman I worked with at the IRS was actually fairly nice. As soon as she realized I wasn't trying to pull anything over on her, the whole tone of the meeting changed.

If you go in there willing to be honest that goes a long way as so many people think they can get away with something.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/9/12 - Night one!

#144316 2 years, 6 months ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
You're too kind! Honestkly though you are right. I lurked on this forum for quite a while before joining and posting. I got in on a number of streams and even just getting the setlists on streamless nights is great fun! But, it really was the kindness of the regulars on this forum that made me feel comfortable jumping in. I felt great the other night knowing and feeling like I was part of it all more than just being a spectator. I'm glad to do what I can and am thankful for past and future streams alike!!!!!!!!

I've also been grateful for this forum and have "lurked" for quite a while; however, I prefer to think of myself as an observer.
"No, thanks, I'm just browsing."

I was given negative karma points (remember those?) after posting the address for a stream a little over a year ago. Apparently the streamer was having a private party and didn't want to corrupt the stream from too many listeners. I inquired into the proper procedures for sharing streams, but received little help...

The community that has evolved here is commendable. Saturday night's back-up stream was the best!

Thanks to all who make this possible. The call to the bullpen for the relief streamer was perfect. Perhaps this will start a new trend. If the starting streamer doesn't have what it takes, perhaps another streamer is ready for long-relief. If the starter's stream start breaking up or sounding like a helicopter, make that call to the bullpen for the relief streamer to start warming up. I don't know who heads this hierarchy, but I'm grateful to those who do.

P.S. I've been assembling video setlists of each show in the setlist thread.
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, SunshineSue, 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#144317 2 years, 6 months ago
Outside the Beacon

Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#144318 2 years, 6 months ago
And yes, Chester, I don't much like the way the government spends my money either.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Zipster
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#144320 2 years, 6 months ago
So sorry for the problems, Zipster!! Sending good accounting vibes your way!!!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds