• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Setlist - Beacon Theater, NYC 4/9/12 - Night o

#144608 2 years, 3 months ago
You know, it's interesting to read these reviews. According to one, older fans just sit and won't get up and dance. According to another, the older fans are all sweaty potbellied drunks pushing people. I'm not sure there's a true cause-and-effect relationship between age and a particular show behavior. I think there are rude and pleasant people in all age categories. I don't want anyone making assumptions about me based on my age, and I certainly try not to do so about others. I'm just saying that I'm 50, and I don't get drunk at shows and I will definitely out-dance anyone around me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster, TMax
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#144619 2 years, 3 months ago
Video Setlist for April 9, 2012 The Beacon Theatre New York, NY

Audio: archive.org/details/furthur2012-04-09.119809

Thanks for sharing your birthday party with us, Taperrob!

Set 2 Replay: ustream.tv/user/taperrob

Set I

The Music Never Stopped

(missing)

Doin' That Rag

Easy Wind

Looks Like Rain

Good Lovin'

(missing)

He's Gone >

Cassidy

Set II (Replay Address: www.ustream.tv/recorded/21731718)

Alligator >

Cryptical Envelopment > All Along the Waychtower >

(Alligator >Cryptical Envelopment > All Along the Waychtower >) The Other One >

Here Comes Sunshine

(missing)

Help on the Way > Slipknot!

Comes a Time >

(missing)

Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower

donor rap

(missing)

Liberty >

Casey Jones

Video credits to gratefulsunshine, illmatic3384, InnovAsianTravel, OneWayOutOne

More photos at dinoperrucciphotography.blogspot.com/sea...=20&by-date=true

Thanks to all!
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Sustainabill. Reason: update
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#144632 2 years, 3 months ago
You're right I don't know if there is a relation to age and show behavior. It could have just been random that my section was sitting. Everytime I looked around I thought the same thing, EVERYBODY IS DANCING EXCEPT THE PEOPLE AROUND ME!!! It was freaking me out a bit actually lol. The were drinking, smoking, singing, but just sitting there! To each his own, at least I didn't have sweaty beer guts all over me LOL
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#144636 2 years, 3 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
You know, it's interesting to read these reviews. According to one, older fans just sit and won't get up and dance. According to another, the older fans are all sweaty potbellied drunks pushing people. I'm not sure there's a true cause-and-effect relationship between age and a particular show behavior. I think there are rude and pleasant people in all age categories. I don't want anyone making assumptions about me based on my age, and I certainly try not to do so about others. I'm just saying that I'm 50, and I don't get drunk at shows and I will definitely out-dance anyone around me.

Of greatest importance to me is having fun without intruding on others' enjoyment at the show. Let others sit if they want. Remind chatty neighbors to please be respectful of the musicians that you all came to hear. Dance all you want. It's an important event for most of us, and we are there because it's the place where we want to be.

When we can't physically be there,these streams bring a little of that show energy into our homes. I am very grateful to be able to participate in the festivities. Thanks to all. Enjoy the shows, and dance all you want. Express yourself!
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: wryan6847
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#144654 2 years, 3 months ago
I have to say that I was at Jones Beach last year and I am 52 years old. Donna and I were the only ones standing and we felt really weird. We were about thirty rows back on the right from the stage and folks were sitting down everywhere. I started to dance and turned around and waved my arms for folks to get up off their arses and dance but to no avail. The people behind us were smoking a big fat thing and drinking and talking through the whole show and I was wondering why they spent 50 bucks to do that. I have a few beers now and then but I don't bother anyone and I like to dance so I am a little confused by the conversation. Excuse me but what does being old have to do with dancing anyway? Anyone want to enlighten me on the subject? ))
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds